General thoughts (1 Viewer)

leesh95

HSC
For that question, because it was related to reproductive technologies affecting evolution, was that in regards to the dot point with artificial insem/pollination and cloning, coz thats what I discussed.
Yeh

bangladesh

HSC
For that question, because it was related to reproductive technologies affecting evolution, was that in regards to the dot point with artificial insem/pollination and cloning, coz thats what I discussed.
exactly right.

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
Everyone's expecting such high raw's...

That Red light one in communication I was like dafaq. Lol.

Talia95

HSC
N/A
Phew!!!!!!!!

Was such a good paper, knew pretty much everything and had finished 80% of the paper with over an hour left. Lots of time to proof read answers and make sure they were correct. Hoping for a band 6!

However I drew my accommodation diagrams in the communication part of the exam in pen!!!!!!!!!!! Will I lose a mark for this? What if heaps of people do it? The diagram was optional so why should I lose a mark for something I went out of my way to do :(

Nice questions overall, the stuff I hated wasn't in there. A few of the multiple choice questions were so crap though, I mean question 20 has two right answers... B and D.
Surely you won't lose marks just for drawing in pen?

jeffyjojo

third eye
HSC
N/A
I said substrate concentration
Don't think time is right since aren't we measuring the time taken for the enzyme to function? But I may be wrong IDK
yeah i did concentration too!

jeffyjojo

third eye
HSC
N/A
What did people write for that 8 marker?
everything i knew about:
findings of sutton, boveri and mendel on chromosomes and structure
reproductive technologies, eg trangenic, cloning, hybridsation and how these arent possible without these findings
and then linked this to evolution

OversizeSweater

HSC
I wrote about cloning, hybridisation and artificial insemination. I wrote some jibberish about chromosomes (I had the biggest mind blank and pretty much forgot whatever i knew about chromosomes).

leesh95

HSC
everything i knew about:
findings of sutton, boveri and mendel on chromosomes and structure
reproductive technologies, eg trangenic, cloning, hybridsation and how these arent possible without these findings
and then linked this to evolution
I also said something about Watson and Crick and discovery of karyotypes, beedle and tatum. Pretty much every scientist we learn of in the module and evolutionary techniques.

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
What are the "chemicals" filtered out and reabsorbed by the kidney?

(i.e. why was it two marks? fuck lol)

leesh95

HSC
What are the "chemicals" filtered out and reabsorbed by the kidney?

(i.e. why was it two marks? fuck lol)
Glucose water amino acid --> reabsorbed

Urea, water, drugs etc. filtered out I think

OversizeSweater

HSC
I also drew my diagrams in pen! is it seriously a big deal? like do you get marks deducted for it??

HSC
If you didn't use ALL the time, you probably won't do well.
Actually, it's total bull. The exam length is designed to be the "right" length for the average student. Basically, if you seem to get the average score in EVERY test, three hours was perfect. Hence why getting 90+ in all my tests has lead me to be able to finish, and be confident with an hour to spare.

The kids who walk out at 1 hour and 1 minute past don't usually do well because they actually don't care and leave as soon as they can. One kid just drew dicks for all his answers.

HSC
What did people write for that 8 marker?
* I talked about Sutton and Boveri, then Franklin, Watson and Crick and how they lead us to understand the structure of chromosomes and DNA.
* Then I talked about transgenic salmon and how although they're fantastic for what we use, if they escaped and bred in the wild it could have huge implications on natural population levels of both "natural" salmon and their food source.
* Then I talked about the genetic screening and implications of "perfect children", whose genetics have been mapped and altered so that they do not possess any faulty genes. I mentioned that if this were to occur at the same time as a massive environmental shift then we could lose an entire population, whereas as the "imperfect" genes may have helped us survive and reproduce.

I really didn't struggle with it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)