General Thoughts: SOR I (1 Viewer)

norwegianwood

HSC
If i didn't do the linking between aspects can I still get 17 if I wrote 900 words with lots of quotes and scripture references?
17 is unlikely, unfortunately. the whole point is to answer the question which interrelatedness was at the core of.

omedicine

HSC
17 is unlikely, unfortunately. the whole point is to answer the question which interrelatedness was at the core of.
Well, yeah.

You had to link all three together, hence the diagram, or at least the two that you were studying.

Randox

HSC
N/A
But according to a previous post it was just a line that I should have had at the start of each different aspect. I did say in the intro that islam was a living religious tradition due to the amalgamation of ethics, person and practice. I didn't link between paragraphs tho. Will that really take away 3-4 marks? Damn if it does haha

Candidate

HSC
It actually said use AT LEAST TWO if I recall. You must use two or three.

Also the exam was a joke. Hoping for 90 raw. Then again I have done no study since Midcourse. But essay lol I have 1h5m to do it, and I finished midway through my 16th page in my sixth booklet. (Mind you by the end it was 3 words per line)

I used 2. 2 is better imo because you have time to have a more in-depth analysis. I did Hajj and Environ. ethics.

Randox

HSC
N/A
what was the question
Statement 1: the worship of ancestral beings is central to ceremonial life.

Statement 2: Territorial boundaries form the basis of ritual estates.

How do these statements relate to aboriginal sprirituality?

a. both are true
b. both are false
c. statement 1 is false, 2 is true
d. statement 1 is true, 2 is false

Candidate

HSC
Statement 1: the worship of ancestral beings is central to ceremonial life.

Statement 2: Territorial boundaries form the basis of ritual estates.

How do these statements relate to aboriginal sprirituality?

a. both are true
b. both are false
c. statement 1 is false, 2 is true
d. statement 1 is true, 2 is false
So far, ive heard people answer a, b, c and d D:

HSC
I took ritual estates to mean the territory in which a particular language group could perform its rituals, and hence it was defined by territorial boundaries. But I'm not entirely sure. I was oddly posed. Pretty sure it has to be "a" or "d" though.

iPhone4

HSC
N/A
I took "Territorial Boundaries" to mean territory defined by the state and not by the clan/group, so I wrote D.

However, I'm almost certain B and C are incorrect.

Randox

HSC
N/A
I took "Territorial Boundaries" to mean territory defined by the state and not by the clan/group, so I wrote D.

Yeah that was my thinking behind it.

hjhj

HSC
I also answered D :/ something about the 2nd statement just seemed a bit dodgy... but i may be wrong.

For Section III I did Islam- The Hajj and Sexual Ethics. I have no idea how these really link. I said they a both sort of similar because they all have an influence on a Muslim's life, dictated their morals etc (well I might have said this very generally, or not much at all, looking back on it now I should have put this into it a lot more) Would this be an okayish link? :)

HSC
I also answered D :/ something about the 2nd statement just seemed a bit dodgy... but i may be wrong.

For Section III I did Islam- The Hajj and Sexual Ethics. I have no idea how these really link. I said they a both sort of similar because they all have an influence on a Muslim's life, dictated their morals etc (well I might have said this very generally, or not much at all, looking back on it now I should have put this into it a lot more) Would this be an okayish link? :)
I didn't do those topics so I'm taking your word that it's tough to link them. Your links are definitely vague but it beats having none at all.

HSC

If you take that interpretation then that would mean that the statements are irrelevant before the states were formed. I'm pretty sure that the statements would be applicable to times before European settlement. At least, I think you mean states like NSW and WA.

moocow920

HSC
Our head of english said both statements were correct for 10 in multiple

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)