General Thoughts: Science (2 Viewers)

T K

HSC
That is Pure Gold.
was it Just me or was there like barely any B's?
Yes, there seemed to be a paucity of Bs, and a plethora of As and Cs. I bet if someone "C'd" the exam, they would get 60% in the multiple choice.

HSC
Uni Grad
Can i ask what school you all go to?

You all sound really smart, i'm guessing like James ruse/Sydney Boys/Sydney girls
Ryde Secondary... but it's a shitty selective school... glad I'm leaving next year
(mostly to do my subjects... not that I care whether if it's selective or not...) =P

Jabba Da Hat

HSC
Yes, there seemed to be a paucity of Bs, and a plethora of As and Cs. I bet if someone "C'd" the exam, they would get 60% in the multiple choice.
sweet so it wasnt just me, how did you guys study for the exams?

Last edited:

T K

HSC
sweet so it wasnt just me, how did you guys study for the exams?
Accumulative knowledge from year 9 to 10 (a good memory helps) and a lot of crunch inbetween DotA clan wars (reading the notes made during class). The latter is true, although I probably would be better off without it. Oh, and 10 trial examination papers helped.

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
Can i ask what school you all go to?

You all sound really smart, i'm guessing like James ruse/Sydney Boys/Sydney girls
You'll find that only half of the people here go to selective schools, and a lot of those people to the obscure selective schools. Quite a few people here are just people from top classes.

Jabba Da Hat

HSC
Accumulative knowledge from year 9 to 10 (a good memory helps) and a lot of crunch inbetween DotA clan wars (reading the notes made during class). The latter is true, although I probably would be better off without it. Oh, and 10 trial examination papers helped.
lol Dota i was using TF2, i did heaps of study but now i look back i think it wasnt worth it,

and i'm at Figtree High School in Wollongong i don't really my school ranks well, doesn't mean i wont

Hayzazz

Pig Member
HSC
Bwahahaha, my Fort St is the best so far, ranked 28th. Although, it used to be ranked 14th...

T K

HSC
lol Dota i was using TF2, i did heaps of study but now i look back i think it wasnt worth it,

and i'm at Figtree High School in Wollongong i don't really my school ranks well, doesn't mean i wont
I agree; the ratio of the ammount of information we consume at the tables at school and the ammount we excrete onto the paper on the examination bowel is nowhere near an equilibrium. However, these tests are made to be fair to the average person; especially those leaving year 10, so that they can get jobs and won't get prejudiced against for low marks.

And yes, your school's rank does not matter at all: all that matters is your rank compared to others in your school and, after that, everyone who attempted the test.

Last edited:

smartalec

HSC
You'll find that only half of the people here go to selective schools, and a lot of those people to the obscure selective schools. Quite a few people here are just people from top classes.
yep. i go to a private school but in top classes for every subject. i thought it was odd that so many people were doing 3 unit maths, 3 unit english and physics or chemistry.
even though i was invited to chemistry, physics, 3 unit english and 2 unit maths, im still only doing, bio, adv english and general maths :)
the easy way out. i only want to be a primary school teacher.

Jabba Da Hat

HSC
Loved the imagery, i am probably one of the higher achieving students in my school, except because i "have an unusual study pattern' i wasn't able to get my HSC classes i wanted they all clashed, so i made a sacrifice. hope it pays off in the end though

mirakon

nigga
HSC
Does that mean i got it wrong?, Will the computer recognise its partly correct (well if it is)
Does the computer mark this section (the one word answers) as well?

Mudkip94

HSC
What did you guys put for the dude on the moon and earth? I wrote weight = mass x acceleration (usually gravity), weight is dependent on acceleration, mass isn't, in 0g there's no weight but still mass and weight is measured in kg, mass is in N.

mirakon

nigga
HSC
What did you guys put for the dude on the moon and earth? I wrote weight = mass x acceleration (usually gravity), weight is dependent on acceleration, mass isn't, in 0g there's no weight but still mass and weight is measured in kg, mass is in N.
Usually gravity? I thought Weight was always equal to mass x gravitational field strength, not acceleration due to gravity. Also Force = mass x acceleration and weight does not always equal to force hence weight does not always equal mass x acceleration.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)