General Thoughts: Science SC (1 Viewer)

mohdateeq

HSC
Da answer can't be accerleration because accerleration is always measured in straight lines nd thereefore it can't be a change in direction.

iEdd

HSC
mohdateeq said:
Da answer can't be accerleration because accerleration is always measured in straight lines nd thereefore it can't be a change in direction.
Well h0lms, da anza is acceleration, by definition.

runnable

HSC
mohdateeq said:
In physics or physical science, acceleration and is defined as the rate of change of velocity. Man, the question read CHANGE of speed and direction...

Deluge

HSC
To declare an end to the acceleration vs velocity deba cle/te, acceleration-backers will be pleased to know that my science teacher, when "velocity" was suggested, answered with a defiant "no". If I remember correctly, the answers to the questions 51-60 were (probably in no particular order)

CONICAL FLASK (Teacher said that they probably wouldn't accept "flask" - the instructions didn't note anything about answers needing to be only one word. I read the instructions again and it didn't say anything about writing one word in the boxes provided.)
CONVECTION
ENERGY
OVARY/OVARIES
ACCELERATION
TEMPERATURE
ELECTRON
HYPOTHESIS
NEWTONS
3.5MM

As for those who are worried about spelling? Relax! They'll accept anything that is even remotely phonetically correct e.g. hypothesis can have various spellings that will be accepted - e.g. hipothesis, hipothisis. As someone else mentioned, it isn't a spelliing test.

Now let us restore peace.

timlay

is gonna lawyer you
HSC
was that. "ENERGY" waves? or something?

i'd get pissed.i think i put earthquake.

and thats BULL. i ll just say i couldnt spell energy properly.

i could have written penis for everything and tell them im illiterate. :(

runnable

HSC
Deluge said:
To declare an end to the acceleration vs velocity deba cle/te, acceleration-backers will be pleased to know that my science teacher, when "velocity" was suggested, answered with a defiant "no". If I remember correctly, the answers to the questions 51-60 were (probably in no particular order)

CONICAL FLASK (Teacher said that they probably wouldn't accept "flask" - the instructions didn't note anything about answers needing to be only one word. I read the instructions again and it didn't say anything about writing one word in the boxes provided.)
CONVECTION
ENERGY
OVARY/OVARIES
ACCELERATION
TEMPERATURE
ELECTRON
HYPOTHESIS
NEWTONS
3.5MM

As for those who are worried about spelling? Relax! They'll accept anything that is even remotely phonetically correct e.g. hypothesis can have various spellings that will be accepted - e.g. hipothesis, hipothisis. As someone else mentioned, it isn't a spelliing test.

Now let us restore peace.

hmm but i remember quite clearly my science teacher told us that spelling DOES count in that section...:confused:

Deluge

HSC
My teacher used to mark SC and said that if an incorrect spelling variation of a word indicates that the pupil knew what he/she was talking about... then they'd accept it. ^^

runnable

HSC
Deluge said:
My teacher used to mark SC and said that if an incorrect spelling variation of a word indicates that the pupil knew what he/she was talking about... then they'd accept it. ^^
yea but then this is the computer marking bit. I understand that throughout the test, spelling does not count but in this bit, it does count. Cuz if you think about it, they cant accept any form of the correct spelling. Just say "Energy", they can accept:

Eneigy
Nergy
Enregy
Energi
Energry

but the list cannot go on forever, because there are just too many wrong spelling variations. Thus... Spelling does count in this section (just as my teacher said), and this is the only section that spelling counts.

timlay

is gonna lawyer you
HSC
think you mean tested? ..or maybe testes? :p

haha.....

yeah. spelling sucks in a way.

PENIS. yes. i mean PENIS GIVE OFF ENERGY. I KNOW IT WAS ENERGY!!!!!. *shrugS* i doubt it'd work .

fallenstar

liberate, educate.
HSC
For the 10 questions, I can remember i put the following (not in order):

Conical Flask
Convection
Temperature
Hypothesis
Newtons
Ovaries
Electrons
Velocity {i checked that after the exam, YES IT IS WRONG, answer is definitely acceleration}

& i don't remember the other one..

I thought Science was..okay. I'm expecting a band 4/5. {PLEASE, band 5!} But definitely not a Band 6. Because i found some MC hard...& i also think I failed to stretch my written answers to the full 3 marks - like I probably got 2/3 for some, I just couldn't stretch it out in the given space..

But yeah. I think I did well. Plus...I'M NOT DOING ANY SCIENCE NEXT YEAR!! :) So that was my last Sci exam ever. Thank god.

sasa-o8

HSC
I did so bad in the Science SC that I'm just happy if I get a band 2! It had everything I didn't know in it! ARGHH

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)