General Thoughts: Physics (1 Viewer)

Randox

HSC
N/A
That's what I got. It just said magnitude tho so no need for direction.

blinx96

HSC
and i swear the BOS are on crack or something this year... honestly physics, chem and maths were a lot harder than previous years... especially maths when compared to last years piss easy paper (and btw i aint the dumbest, or the smartest kid out there... like i did well in my CSSA trials LOL) !!!!

Ozzyy

HSC
Honestly, I found it extremely easy :3 I was done 20 minutes early, except like 3 of the multiple choice were a bit challenging and I don't know about that photocells question or whatever It was, I wrote like 10/5 marks about solar cells because I thought they were the same -.- FML.

Oh, and that space station question, I forgot to convert the diameter to radius :c so only 1/2 for that question x.x dem little mistakes yo

And medical was unbelievably easy O_O I mean, I only started learning medical yesterday from scratch and I think i'll legit get around 23/25 for that section.

90+ Raw I'm hoping :) Good luck everyone!

blinx96

HSC
Honestly, I found it extremely easy :3 I was done 20 minutes early, except like 3 of the multiple choice were a bit challenging and I don't know about that photocells question or whatever It was, I wrote like 10/5 marks about solar cells because I thought they were the same -.- FML.

Oh, and that space station question, I forgot to convert the diameter to radius :c so only 1/2 for that question x.x dem little mistakes yo

And medical was unbelievably easy O_O I mean, I only started learning medical yesterday from scratch and I think i'll legit get around 23/25 for that section.

ur lucky you didnt do astro... that killed me (and a lot of people ahhaha) lol

Ozzyy

HSC
For the motor with the mass attached, you use F=ma for the first question so you have F.

For part b, you use Torque=Fd, you have F and D so you get Torque. Then you use Torque=nbiacos(x), you have everything including Torque from Fd, so you just rearrange for I. Whatever that value is keeps the mass stationary, so any current greater than that will lift it. :)

fionarykim

HSC
Found it a relatively easy text too
But im fking annoyed at myself coz i forgot about photocells, and answeered the question based on solar cells ):
Dude i like fking lost 5 marks there for nothing ): was hoping to raw 90s
But thats not happening anymore... LOL

Ozzyy

HSC
ur lucky you didnt do astro... that killed me (and a lot of people ahhaha) lol
I was honestly going to study astro instead of medical because I don't like medical, It's too boring and I LOVE space and since I didn't know anything for medical till yesterday i was considering just doing space instead haha.

RealiseNothing

what is that?It is Cowpea
HSC

Looking at your multiple choice answers from the paper you uploaded, I think you got 14/20...

Ozzyy

HSC
How, I'm pretty sure I got 17 O_O. For me the multiple choice was the worst/hardest section though. x.x

MATHmaster

HSC
N/A
This is what the Jacaranda textbook says about photocells, why are solar cells wrong to mention?

A photocell is a device that uses the photoelectric effect. These devices include photovoltaic, or solar cells, which convert electromagnetic energy, such as sunlight, into electrical energy. Other examples are photoconductive cells and phototubes.

pg 207

Someone explain why drawing a solar cell is wrong?

pls

HSC
For the motor with the mass attached, you use F=ma for the first question so you have F.

For part b, you use Torque=Fd, you have F and D so you get Torque. Then you use Torque=nbiacos(x), you have everything including Torque from Fd, so you just rearrange for I. Whatever that value is keeps the mass stationary, so any current greater than that will lift it. :)
can't use f=ma. Its moving at a constant speed so a = 0??

RealiseNothing

what is that?It is Cowpea
HSC
This is what the Jacaranda textbook says about photocells, why are solar cells wrong to mention?

A photocell is a device that uses the photoelectric effect. These devices include photovoltaic, or solar cells, which convert electromagnetic energy, such as sunlight, into electrical energy. Other examples are photoconductive cells and phototubes.

pg 207

Someone explain why drawing a solar cell is wrong?
Oh please be true.

Ozzyy

HSC
Any idea which ones I've got wrong then? I'm curious, I was sure I got 17/20 comparing to other peoples answers lol.

superSAIyan2

HSC
can't use f=ma. Its moving at a constant speed so a = 0??
since the mass moves at constant felocity net force is O. this means the upward force produced by the motor's rotation should equal the downward weight force of the mass.
so use f=mg

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)