General Thoughts: Physics (1 Viewer)

someth1ng

Retired Nov '14
HSC
Uni Grad
Hmm what do you mean? You only get marks from one module in the option topic. In the case you did two you only get the marks for your best option. They do not add otherwise there will be people who do multiple option topics and get off 100% (not a good look for the board.)
Troll. I think.

Mr Azul

HSC
Hmm what do you mean? You only get marks from one module in the option topic. In the case you did two you only get the marks for your best option. They do not add otherwise there will be people who do multiple option topics and get off 100% (not a good look for the board.)
Shit man WTF. That means I'm gonna get like almost no marks for the option and the core. And I even found multiple
choice hard which means I'm not on a good track.

Saksyyna

HSC
Sodam is right. My teacher's a HSC marker and she said you should always do this. You should always answer at least one question from every option topic, otherwise marker's think you haven't got the variety they're looking for.

jeffwu95

Dumbass
HSC
would you lose marks for drawing your diagrams in pen zzz

Life4Never

HSC
Sodam is right. My teacher's a HSC marker and she said you should always do this. You should always answer at least one question from every option topic, otherwise marker's think you haven't got the variety they're looking for.
Seriously. I don't know if you guys are trolling or not anymore.... If you collected the question booklet it states:
Attempt ONE Question from Questions 31-35. Meaning you have a choice of one of those 5 questions.

Like I said. If you were an excellent student, and got like 95 doing one option but then decided to do all of them and get another like 30 marks, HOW would that work???? 125/100 ?!?!?!

Dedopcat

HSC
so if I do badly in this, and i'm 1st internally and get the highest externally what happens to my internal mark, does it move down?

deswa1

HSC
Seriously. I don't know if you guys are trolling or not anymore.... If you collected the question booklet it states:
Attempt ONE Question from Questions 31-35. Meaning you have a choice of one of those 5 questions.

Like I said. If you were an excellent student, and got like 95 doing one option but then decided to do all of them and get another like 30 marks, HOW would that work???? 125/100 ?!?!?!
I think you are allowed to do more than one if you want but they'll only count your best one. I think. I could be very wrong on that. Regardless, you can't go above 100/100, these guys are trolls and you shouldn't have time to do more than one option imo

Saksyyna

HSC

WTFFF BRO it said ONE QUESTION FROM EACH OPTION

sodam

HSC

Thats where moderation is supposed to come in according to my teacher, so they scale down each mark for a given option dependent on difficulty and he said something about your best answers. So in my opinion, answering more questions is better as it increases your probability of obtaining a higher mark in the given time frame!

habitres

HSC
The post above has been falsehood and fiction. Can we get back on topic?

Life4Never

HSC
... When they say question, they mean a WHOLE question. Not a part of a question. a) is not a question.
The section is out of 25. You can't do 5 2 markers.....
If you do multiple questions like deswa1 said, they will take your best QUESTION. If you get 5 in one but 2 in another, the max you get is 5 marks. Not 7.

Your teacher sounds like they have no idea on the actual process of giving marks....
This is why schools only teach one option topic...not 5

Last edited:

deswa1

HSC
Why are we still talking about this lol?

How did you guys find your options?

Life4Never

HSC
Why are we still talking about this lol?

How did you guys find your options?
Too many marks for an analysis and description question in Astro (6 marks) It was fine overall though. It wasn't the randomness of 2008 Astro.

karimingo

HSC
haha, I talked about Chadwick's discovery of neutron and Pauli's discovery of neutrino and talked about conservation of momentum and conservation of atomic mass and number.....wbu?
that's exactly what i did for the last question easy 6 marks... overall option topic for quanta to quarks wasn't that hard...

mickstarify

HSC
Idk, i was pissed that there wasn't any mathematical questions in Quanta to Quarks. I spent ages studying chemical transmutations (I dont do chemistry, its all foreign to me) and it wasn't even in there!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)