General Thoughts - Physics (1 Viewer)

banks44

HSC
old.skool.kid said:
i did Von braun, so glad i studied that now. It would have been easier to talk about one of the space exploration ones i think.

Oh and quanta to quarks was heaps good. Talked about Bohr and De Broglie. The only problem i had was forgetting stuff on the standard model, and the mass defect took me ages.

the mass defect question was easy as

cowamooners

HSC
Well overall I thought it was ok, I was expecting it to be hard - cause it's physics!
I have a tendancy to focus on the things I stuffed up on:
- Using RH rule for protons, NOT ELECTRONS DAMN IT
- not adding the alititude to the radius of the earth + ratio question
- stuffing up the very last question in med physics (3/6 prob)
- All of the multiple choice, it was crappppp as.

So I think I should still get my mid-range band 5, which I will be very happy with.

How does the scaling work? What is the raw mark out of /75 that consitutes for a band 6 or 5? approximately, such as that for previous years. Anyone have any idea?

Well done to all those that enjoyed/did well in the test!! CONGRATSSSS

JamesTockuss

HSC
cowamooners said:
Well overall I thought it was ok, I was expecting it to be hard - cause it's physics!
I have a tendancy to focus on the things I stuffed up on:
- Using RH rule for protons, NOT ELECTRONS DAMN IT
- not adding the alititude to the radius of the earth + ratio question
- stuffing up the very last question in med physics (3/6 prob)
- All of the multiple choice, it was crappppp as.

I don't think you had to add to worry about the earth's altitude because it gave you the orbit height from the centre of the earth, and you were only finding speed and period - not height above the earth or anything

emnoss90

HSC
In the 'external influence' question i wrote about Edison and Westinghouse.. except i couldn't remember Westinghouse's name!! omg. so i just said 'the other scientist.' shit.

nicko1990

p-plater
HSC
ahhh it was okay. i totally forgot kepler's law (idiot!), used the t=2(pi)r/v instead, forgetting that v was different for both. what to do what to do. expecting around 90 raw, which should scale to 95? hopefully.

and i added the earth's radius to the altitude lol. should i have done that? i found it a little weird cos they dont give us the earth's radius in teh data sheet. so i just wrote 6750 km. hope that's not wrong

umfaan

HSC
i put arrangement B as the ratio of primary to secondary would be higher, therefore a higher voltage would be induced. and in the Q it said it sparked at high voltages...arrangement A was max current induced..

i dno, hopefully u get marked based on justification

Hajime

HSC
Lol! It's My science teacher's last day... He was cool! Everybody say bye to him! His name is Mr James!

iEdd

HSC
^ lame troll with lame fake teacher is lame.

cowamooners said:
How does the scaling work? What is the raw mark out of /75 that consitutes for a band 6 or 5? approximately, such as that for previous years. Anyone have any idea?ONGRATSSSS
Erm, 75? You did complete one of the electives right?

Band 6 is probably 80-85 and band 5 is 65-70. Although I think in one thread, Laz posted 78 was band 6 cutoff and I think 62 for band 5 (2001 paper AFAIK).

patv

HSC
seriously this was the easiest test i had done in yr12(all subjects). except i stuffed like 2 marks or something, eg in q2q, i wrote the radioactivity equations right except i put mass no. at the bottom and atomic no.2 at top. and i got one mc question wrong so far, about the transformers in the television set. was the answer step up/step down? cos i didnt get that, lol. ahhh in q2q, 3 marks for mass defect, a massive gift for me. and next question, did anyone times the mass defect by 931.5? i got the answer in MeV, and got like 93 somewthing MeV, which is around 1.5x10^(-11) joules or something like that. and i guess the external factors, i totally stuffed up. i shouldve studied more than two days( i was distracted by wii mariokart lol). my girlfriends been saying how can you tak hsc so calmly, lol. people, its just my cockiness, its a curse.

dp624

HSC
I agree Aaron Judd is a piece of shit trolling around with Mrs Pooviah's name

iEdd

HSC
patv said:
was the answer step up/step down?.
Step up for the cathode ray tube which is high voltage and step down for the low voltage transistor circuitry.

dp624

HSC
Aaron.Judd said:
No, Mrs Pooviah is a real teacher at JRAHS. I didn't make her up.
That's right mate I go to JRAHS and it ain't very likely that she'd be htinking this bullshit up you troll

dp624

HSC
Aaron.Judd said:
PM me, as I'm not revealing my name in this thread.
Um, mate, you do astro. Noone at ruse does astro.
And if you did go to ruse you'd recognise me pretty much instantly.

What a fake.

caso17caso17

HSC
it was prety easy i reckon hopefuly i get a raw mark of around 90% quanta to quarks was alrite and the test in general had quite a few 6 mark questions but i have no complaints :rolleyes:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)