General thoughts on the 2008 CSSA Trial Extension 1 Mathematics Paper (1 Viewer)

ameher

HSC
lolz i hope i can keep second rank cause i was stuffed from legal, it was damn hard especially qn 7 wtf was that

vds700

HSC
erm said:
weren't you supposed to start with the other expression and then differentiate it? Then substitute appropriately to get the above expression?

for part ii) did anyone else get t = 0.26...? my working seemed correct.

also for that projectile question what did people get for the speed required to get the world record?
yeah i differentiated it using the chain rule and put everything in terms on N.

For (ii) yeah i think i got that, but did u remember to convert it to days (as t was in years).

Our school replaced the projectile Q with another one, probably easier.

I had difficulty with the parametric Q, circle geo and the bearings questions

Last edited:

erm

HSC
the third part of that asked about the max height when projected at that speed...

i halved the range (which was 23.12 from memory, so it becomes 11.56) and subbed it in for x, and v = 14 something (in the cartesian eqn of motion). Was this the right method?

erm

HSC
vds700 said:
yeah i differentiated it using the chain rule and put everything in terms on N.

For (ii) yeah i think i got that, but did u remember to convert it to days (as t was in years).

Our school replaced the projectile Q with another one, probably easier.
shite, just left it as t = 0.26... years did it really ask for it in days? and if so, do i lose marks?

ameher

HSC
erm said:
the third part of that asked about the max height when projected at that speed...

i halved the range (which was 23.12 from memory, so it becomes 11.56) and subbed it in for x, and v = 14 something (in the cartesian eqn of motion). Was this the right method?

thats what i did im hoping its right? plz lol

vds700

HSC
erm said:
shite, just left it as t = 0.26... years did it really ask for it in days? and if so, do i lose marks?
yeah it did, u might only lose 1 mark

Faytle

open fire.
HSC
erm said:

Ohh, phew. I got v=14 something as well. Seriously hoping that it's right!

You can't just halve the range, can you? Since the particle wasn't projected on ground level, I'm not sure if it works like that.

What I did was make vertical velocity = 0 and subbed in v to get the time. Then I subbed in t into the y formula. No idea if this is correct though :eek:.

bogdanovs

HSC
Yea thats probably right unless you made silly mistake along the way.

Didnt have time to do that so i just skipped :(

erm

HSC
Faytle said:
Ohh, phew. I got v=14 something as well. Seriously hoping that it's right!

You can't just halve the range, can you? Since the particle wasn't projected on ground level, I'm not sure if it works like that.

What I did was make vertical velocity = 0 and subbed in v to get the time. Then I subbed in t into the y formula. No idea if this is correct though :eek:.
yeah i reckon you're right. I knew it was incorrect to just halve it......ran out of time anyway.

and that parametric q messed with my head (just got part i)). That space shuttle thing i couldn't get also that homo 3d trig question.

hope i get 50

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
watzupwitdat said:
I destroyed that test! I bet no-one could get the Bees question since

dN/dt = N(200-N) instead of k. It made it much more difficult, and a 4unit integration technique was needed to solve it.
I got that one right. But I did not "destroy" the test as in succeed in getting all questions right. I am hoping for over 80% though.

ameher

HSC
namu lol looks like ur gonna get an E4, i reckon im gonna miss out, my ranks gonna be second so hopefully i still have a chance at an E4

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
ameher said:
namu lol looks like ur gonna get an E4, i reckon im gonna miss out, my ranks gonna be second so hopefully i still have a chance at an E4
who are u?

ameher

HSC
lolz sorry i just read that u think ur gonna get over 80 which sounds preety damn good to me, sorry if it sounded random

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
ameher said:
lolz sorry i just read that u think ur gonna get over 80 which sounds preety damn good to me, sorry if it sounded random
Hahaha...I thought you were from SPX too...

Yeah, I think I have a decent chance in getting E4 considering that 12 people last year got E4 in MX1. In saying that, vds (same school) has a better chance than I do.

ameher

HSC
lyounamu said:
Hahaha...I thought you were from SPX too...

Yeah, I think I have a decent chance in getting E4 considering that 12 people last year got E4 in MX1. In saying that, vds (same school) has a better chance than I do.
lol did u get the qn 7 cause thats definetly 10 marks lost for me there

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)