General Thoughts: Modern History (1 Viewer)

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Share your general exam thoughts here.

JustAnotherDamo

HSC
Apologies for breaking the protocol but while we're waiting, from my perspective it seemed like quite a fair exam paper. My questions were based on fairly broad aspects of the syallbus (Germany, Conflict in Indochina and Ho Chi Minh)

For all my euphoria in being slightly confident in WWI, Conflict in Indochina and Ho Chi Minh, I'm really quite disappointed with my performance in Germany. The Poisonous Mushroom has another reason for being notorious in my heart. I think the Germany cohort would generally be happy though?

Regardless, congratulations - you have completed the gargantuan necessities of Modern History!~ =D

I hope you did as excellent as you aspired for and I'm interested to see how other sections were?

F M L

HSC
Yeah it was pretty awesome, my best exam probably

KnifeySpoony

HSC
Pretty good, EXCEPTT
i completely forgot about china for the cold war in question A, only mentioned a paragraph of it towrads the end :|

JustAnotherDamo

HSC
I think you certainly deserved to go Crimes Act 1900 Part 3 Division 1 on that exam Miss Anna!~ =P

I think it should become a goal to appropriate some covert Legal Studies reference into every topic. But regardless, the general consensus seemed to be that many people liked the questions related to the personality - an amalgamation of historical context and the role of a personality.

tanuwidge

HSC
I thought it was easy and relatively straight forward. Particularly since the questions in indochina and Germany came up
In our trial( grammar) :D

BeRad

HSC
WW1 was amazing.
Germany was good, but I don't know if my essay structure was the best. I did question a) weakness in weimar-which was epic cos it was my best part.
Leni- easy. probably the best questions I could've hoped for.
Conflict in the Pacific was amazing. Japanese nationalism for bombing pearl harbor :) loved it.

8-9-9 in quite small handwriting 10 words per line.

IT'S OVER!

Cinnamonster

Somewhere in the general vicinity of the Universe
HSC
And I thought the Music 1 paper was good.
Brilliant paper.
I can't believe my luck.

WW1 - Uh yeah pretty much studied for women and reasons for stalemate. Heaps good.
Germany - questions were good. I did Weimar/rise to Nazi power question and I'm more than happy with what I wrote.
Leni Riefenstahl - questions were fair but I just didn't manage my time well. I blame myself, not the questions. What I did write was good though.
Conflict in the Pacific - um... YAY! I had decided that they were either going to ask about Pearl Harbour or ask about the A-bomb. They asked both. I had trouble deciding which question to pick, haha. Ended up going with the A-bomb question.

Overall, very pleased with this paper.

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
Pretty good, EXCEPTT
i completely forgot about china for the cold war in question A, only mentioned a paragraph of it towrads the end :|
Haha don't worry. I was short on time too because i went on too much about the conferences so i tagged the Marshall plan onto the Truman Doctrine in 2 sentences... ah well it should read well anyway ^^

I think you certainly deserved to go Crimes Act 1900 Part 3 Division 1 on that exam Miss Anna!~ =P

I think it should become a goal to appropriate some covert Legal Studies reference into every topic. But regardless, the general consensus seemed to be that many people liked the questions related to the personality - an amalgamation of historical context and the role of a personality.
Nawww :(

Hehe i guess most people liked that exam - hopefully the cut offs don't change too much though XD

And I thought the Music 1 paper was good.
Brilliant paper.
I can't believe my luck.

Germany - questions were good. I did Weimar/rise to Nazi power question and I'm more than happy with what I wrote.
Leni Riefenstahl - questions were fair but I just didn't manage my time well. I blame myself, not the questions. What I did write was good though.
Conflict in the Pacific - um... YAY! I had decided that they were either going to ask about Pearl Harbour or ask about the A-bomb. They asked both. I had trouble deciding which question to pick, haha. Ended up going with the A-bomb question.

Overall, very pleased with this paper.
That's good to hear :D

silverpen

HSC
Loved it!

Personality question was sick and thought germany was really good

Indochina was aaalright ..I did the second one on anti war movements. Just sorta manipulated it a bit to aspect that led to the anti war movements and thendid war movements

Pretty happy though :D

My timing was amazing...got heaps of time for writing and planning most things

And core was good

penguin.ali

HSC
Whooo! I loved that exam, it was just a case of state the obvious with the Russia question... How did they consolidate their power? Well, let me tell you...
Considering how worried I was about the exam I am really happy.

Overall, I felt really good in the exam, there were no nasty surprises apart from the dude behind me jiggling his leg so hard that the ground under me moved =s

21 pages in all =]

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Seemed like a good paper this year, especially with Germany and Conflict in the Pacific!

Rockyroad

Banned
HSC
hmmm no air con + magpies +beeping cars made for a fun three hours

considering how lazy and shit i am it went ok

WWI was simply perfect. consequenlty i spent over an hour on it :O im so stupid

Russia - i did consolidation but wasn't too happy with either q. i should have prepared for the other one but i didn't so i had to do a)
i know nothing on lenin really

Trotsky - outline of life i guess was ok. i rushed it and my sentences are missing words
the quote evaluation part i left till the very very end of the exam - 9 minutes to go and only wrote like 1.5 pages in a booklet so that was easily my worst. quote wasn't very nice (tho i personally find it true)

Indochina - I had nothing on a)
so i had to do b) because it left room for bullshitting. i said that that the anti war movement was partly responsible for the victory but also that the US ended it because they were losing (talked about why they were losing - bit of tactics and shit). i didn't talk enough about the anti war movement but it was still good.

im hoping/guessing for 78+ i got 78 in the trial and felt the same level of shitness :)

best wishes

Phouna

HSC
N/A
OOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH YYEAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

It's over. It's over now. It's over. That exam was a gift from heaven. My prays have been heard. hahas

Germany - I flipping can kiss that Weimar republic question
Conflict in pacific- you flipping beauty
WW1 - OMG could you be any more yummy
Personality - God I always have despise you and I still do. First set of notes to burn - Leni Riefenstahl!

LOL

Exam overall, better than I thought! I hope everyone went well too! =]
I'm just glad modern is done!

Leo Vanguard

Hur Dur
HSC
Overall the exam itself was good, but I'm not too happy with how I went. WWI I liked, despite spending a bit too much time on it (43 minutes in all - did it in 30 during the trial), Russia was good - loved the totalitarinism question (though I did miss a few minor points), Trotsky - here's what ruined me - wasted to much time on the first part and had to rush the second part. As for Cold War - generally a good question (part a/ emerging differences) missed a few points (stupid Trotsky) and had to meld my conclusion into my final paragraph. All in all I reckon I did alright, got around 14 pages for Russia, 14 for Trotsky and 7 for Cold War (damn Trotsky).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)