General Thoughts: Mathematics (1 Viewer)

HSC
AND can somebody explain wtf does the trapezoidal rule gives a better estimate than the simpsons rule ?? LMAO wtf.
Simpson's rule uses parabolas, not rectangles to estimate area and so is generally better than the trapezoidal rule for the same thing. I don't know if it's correct but I guessed it.

blinx96

HSC
aye... so if i said for the trapezoidal question that because the face of the tent is similar to the shape of a trapezium... i would get that one mark right? (word for word btw ahhaha)

Shazer2

HSC
Can you explain how you got to that? (Mind you, I took a complete guess)
I also said because they were trapeziums! As for this, if a is 4.5 then the area below the x-axis on the left hand side will be -2 units, the total area above is then the area below on the right hand side is so all together you get -2 + 15/4 - 7/4 = 0.

leesh95

HSC
They repeated lots of questions from previous years.

I think I would've done okay if not under exam conditions. I got really freaked out.

mathsiam

HSC
I found question 14 one of the harder questions in the paper. Especially with that stupid car question involving max/min -_- Also the trout/carp question and the probability question when they asked for the eventual probability was challenging. I still liked this years paper than last year considering I hate locus

yus456

HSC
N/A
I think I would've done okay if not under exam conditions. I got really freaked out.[/QUOTE]

But that was the weirdest format for a HSC math exam. Like last years one was soooooooooooo easy.

yus456

HSC
N/A
I found question 14 one of the harder questions in the paper. Especially with that stupid car question involving max/min -_- Also the trout/carp question and the probability question when they asked for the eventual probability was challenging. I still liked this years paper than last year considering I hate locus
I liked the last years one way better, this years exam was very hard for me and my cohort.

SGSII

HSC
Uni Grad
That was the hardest thing ever!
Looking back I think the max I can is 60 raw :S

SGSII

HSC
Uni Grad
And I agree, last years paper was heaps easier

lolwot

HSC
for the car maxima/minima did you guys get one side like 100-50t and the other 80t and do consine the consine rule too find r^2?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)