General Thoughts: Mathematics Extension 1 (2 Viewers)

vflaash

HSC
i got 50 (without carry over errors) and 53 (with carry over errors), what would that align to? /70

Zen2613

HSC
N/A
If they were prepared they would have known that to get rid of odds you let x=-1 , pretty common textbook questions to multiply everything by x too, and yeah I can understand, considering I read somewhere that the median atar in some year was 69
How can the average atar be 69 ? I don't get it, the atar is a rank against everyone in the state, so shouldn't it be exactly 50 ?

Zen2613

HSC
N/A
If they were prepared they would have known that to get rid of odds you let x=-1 , pretty common textbook questions to multiply everything by x too, and yeah I can understand, considering I read somewhere that the median atar in some year was 69
How can the average atar be 69 ? I don't get it, the atar is a rank against everyone in the state, so shouldn't it be exactly 50 ?

InteGrand

HSC
N/A
Does it have anything to do with <30 ATAR's not counting to the calculation of the median?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)