General Thoughts: Mathematics Extension 1 (1 Viewer)

braintic

HSC
N/A
The question doesn't ask for when it doesn't rain, it asks for "the probability that it rains on fewer than 3 days", which shouldn't include zero days since no rain occurs :detective:
Um ...... no.

(Assuming you are a non-smoker) if I ask you 'have you smoked fewer than 3 cigarettes today', and I asked you for a yes/no answer without elaborating, what would you say?

photastic

HSC
Last week: let's perceive them with easy or no probability.
Today: let's fk a lot of them with this question.

Hoping 58/70 will be enough for an E4 :(

rated

HSC
Did you get out rhe last q :) ? Its a pretty common 4U q I believe so yeah defs skewed toward 4U students BUT I still didn't get it lol goes to show how dumb I am
yeah some of my 4u friends recognised the question but they also had relative difficulty with it

rated

HSC
Any ideas what a 2/3u student could/should have possibly achieved?
I got 53/70 after checking with the solutions

snipez264

Mathlete
HSC
Amazing that you actually managed to factorise the quartic!

You will most certainly get 2/3, but there is a SLIGHT possibility of you getting 3/3 if the markers are lenient. Remember, the HSC markers don't necessarily strictly follow the marking criteria.
Is it possible to still get 2/3 for a question where you sub in the wrong variables but did the right working out using those variables instead to get the answer?

photastic

HSC
For rate of change, it says "use Pythagoras theorem, or otherwise." If I used another approach and got the same answer, will I still get 2 marks.

Gumball

HSC
N/A
it seems like if you get low 80 percent than your aligned mark should be about 94. this is based of 2009, 2010, 2011 raw marks. also last year 76 percent became 92 aligned so don't expect much to change this year.

theghost

HSC
For the circle locus question, couldn't you just say that since OS is 'a' and find QS which is also 'a' and then jst conclude that it's a circle? If not then I'm screwed lol

Gumball

HSC
N/A
for the parametric last question you actually have to do it with the equation carrotsticks got. i dont think you will get marks just for "describing" how it is a line on a circle with radius a or whatever it was. for those of you who go to NGO&Sons there was a very similar question in Module 1 of the Parametrics booklet. Overall i believe who ever got the equation x^2 + (y-a)^2 = a^2 will get the full marks. anyone working towards the equation will get some marks and anyone who didnt do this method will get 0 unless your geometric solution was very clear and on point. kind of like terry lee's one.
Peace on the streets SAAAAN

Last edited:

iStudent

HSC
for the parametric last question you actually have to do it with the equation carrotsticks got. i dont think you will get marks just for "describing" how it is a line on a circle with radius a or whatever it was. for those of you who go to NGO&Sons there was a very similar question in Module 1 of the Parametrics booklet. Overall i believe who ever got the equation x^2 + (y-a)^2 = a^2 will get the full marks. anyone working towards the equation will get some marks and anyone who didnt do this method will get 0.
Peace on the street SAAAAN
So we don't lose a mark if we forgot x=/=0? :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)