General Thoughts: Mathematics Ext 1 (1 Viewer)

JananyJ

HSC
What would approximately be an E4 cut-off
Would it be approx 50 or what

WitchKingAngmar

Awesomeness
HSC
who knows... if it was as hard as last year's yes, but this year is was far easier, so maybe 60 or so

Riaa

HSC
The paper was out of 70 only... I don't like the new formats.
It was fairly easy and straight forward and YES HARDLY ANY PROBABILITY/BINOMINAL! :)
Literally was dancing in my seat~ extremely happy xD

Though the paper could be more fun by being more difficult :/

crizk

HSC
I found to exam so much better than 2U, in a way. I was surprised I could actually attempt the last question, and the fact that I couldn't finish it due to time, not difficulty (chances it would've been to hard to finish the parts I didn't get to). I was also soooo happy binomials were only in question 11, so there weren't hard ones towards the end that were worth much more marks. And also lucky - I didn't study general solutions and trig transformations - neither of which that were in the exam. Probably the exam I've walked out of happiest so far. And now it's OVVVEEERRRRR!

Peter-PF7

HSC
N/A
Pretty crap exam, wouldve liked more binomials, e.g. integration proofs or something... It was far too straight forward with the last question being fairly simple and will hardly differentiate between the top students and the average.. Silly mistakes will be punished way more heavily as everyones marks will be so high -.- True to the pattern though that every second year is an easy paper!

billy d

HSC
N/A
for 13c)ll) i worked it all through in degrees and so my answer was in degress instead of radians, how many marks you guys reakon ill lose for doing that ??

sodam

HSC
Quite a simple paper, I think band 6 cut off will be roughly 50/70.

hayabusaboston

HSC
Pretty crap exam, wouldve liked more binomials, e.g. integration proofs or something... It was far too straight forward with the last question being fairly simple and will hardly differentiate between the top students and the average.. Silly mistakes will be punished way more heavily as everyones marks will be so high -.- True to the pattern though that every second year is an easy paper!
Fuck...... lol

hatennis123

HSC
N/A
How are they gonna differentiate the people since this is a simple paper? I bet all state ranker all get full marks. Is it even possible for people who get 68 or 69 to get a state rank (raw mark)?

WitchKingAngmar

Awesomeness
HSC
^^ I'm surrounded by very hopeful people...
Last year was incredibly hard compared to this year, and that was the equivalent of a 50 cutoff for a band E4
In order to keep the scaling that 3U works to hard to enjoy, it'll have to be lifted to at least mid 50's, maybe reaching 60

herrokittehs

HSC
to be honest i found it alot harder than last years paper, which was supposed to be "cruel" and "difficult"
Like i found last years paper easy compared to this. i dont know why. maybe im weird :/

Moey DW

HSC
i got Q 14 had to be careful it was dr/dt= du/dt X dr/du... but not the probability i doubt i got that (Q12 :L :L)
i calculated that kimbo has a 2/5 chance of winning... idk LOL

ahdil33

HSC
Fuck...... lol
As a hard-working student, the harder the test, the better. You should be celebrating.

Disappointed with BOS, first Eco...now this. The easy questions should have been easier, and the harder questions should have been harder. way to not 'differentiate'.

WitchKingAngmar

Awesomeness
HSC
As a hard-working student, the harder the test, the better. You should be celebrating.

Disappointed with BOS, first Eco...now this. The easy questions should have been easier, and the harder questions should have been harder. way to not 'differentiate'.
Exactly, this test will have an incredibly large number within 65-70, and the major differentiate-or will be stupid mistakes, not mathematical knowledge like it SHOULD be testing

ahdil33

HSC
^^ I'm surrounded by very hopeful people...
Last year was incredibly hard compared to this year, and that was the equivalent of a 50 cutoff for a band E4
In order to keep the scaling that 3U works to hard to enjoy, it'll have to be lifted to at least mid 50's, maybe reaching 60
notsureifsrs or trolling?

You're underestimating how poorly people do in maths. In my opinion, this was JUST LIKE last year's. Both years had relatively easy last questions and a standard throughout the paper. The cut off will remain around 50. They don't change that much.

Also the scaling is not affected by how hard the paper is, that's the aligning. Don't get them mixed up or you'll just confuse people.

WitchKingAngmar

Awesomeness
HSC
notsureifsrs or trolling?

You're underestimating how poorly people do in maths. In my opinion, this was JUST LIKE last year's. Both years had relatively easy last questions and a standard throughout the paper. The cut off will remain around 50. They don't change that much.

Also the scaling is not affected by how hard the paper is, that's the aligning. Don't get them mixed up or you'll just confuse people.
No I'm saying if they align everyone well then the scaling goes down

lgnorance

HSC
fken easiest paper i ever seen. state rank fo sho. just checked with terry lee, 100%.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)