General Thoughts: Mathematics 2005 (1 Viewer)

lars101

i got the alpha + beta one im pretty sure, but the second part with the two people meeting somewhere.......never seen anything like that problem before, i didnt even touch it

mathematics just beat my ass with a 2 by 4 and has potentially screwed my UAI. my hopes now lie on german tomorrow, maths ext on thursday and physics next friday, which i should ace, hopefully. god damn, i used to LIKE maths

jenroxursox

HSC
it was so bad.. almost every single person walked out of the test sayin they were goin to fail.. i kno that its my worst subject or the exam i was dreading the most but seriously, did they wanna make it heaps hard just to fuck us up? hopefully every1 will go bad to scale the others up

HSC
hmmm for me there were some of the 'harder' question like 7,8,9 that i found answers for (in the last minute!!). i dont know if they were right but they looked okay!!! overall, it was a solid attempt - i had hoped to do better but hey...............................

mrghattas

HSC
im jst hopin 2 get into uni 1st after that exam... then i can think of doin a briging course :p

that was absolutly ridiculous.... however dont worry too much, it looks like failure is the norm and it should get scaled up..

hyper_crazy

HSC
Don't Stress!

Hey Guys, don't worry!

I know i agree with you all, it was a VERY difficult paper but everyone found that too... therefore everyone is in the same boat, and raw marks will be scaled up dramatically! So yeah, don't worry, just concerntrate on your other exams!

Good luck!

Yaz88

CEO
HSC
hyper_crazy said:
Hey Guys, don't worry!

I know i agree with you all, it was a VERY difficult paper but everyone found that too... therefore everyone is in the same boat, and raw marks will be scaled up dramatically! So yeah, don't worry, just concerntrate on your other exams!

Good luck!

how much do u rekon uwe'd get scaled? (hopefully 10-15marks)
wot u think the band 6 cut off will be?

curiousminds

i thought it was a fairly crap paper... so much work for like 2 marks and Q10 was a great way to ruin any small hope i had at going well

llamalope

yes, they're my legs.
Left BOS (somewhat temporarily) on 29/12/05 to ret
HSC
maths at uni is not too bad.... except for differential calculus and integral calculus. PLease... save your sanity. Don't do them. I know!

Edit: i was replying to somebody, but now i dont know who.

now kiddies, just kick back and wait for the scaling to take effect

got_ur_69

HSC
Thank goodness for 13 units!! as someone that never ever did maths homework, I shall b thankful for anything above 35%.......im so ashamed......hahahahaha not

lima_india_zulu

HSC
lars101 said:
i got the alpha + beta one im pretty sure, but the second part with the two people meeting somewhere.......never seen anything like that problem before, i didnt even touch it

mathematics just beat my ass with a 2 by 4 and has potentially screwed my UAI. my hopes now lie on german tomorrow, maths ext on thursday and physics next friday, which i should ace, hopefully. god damn, i used to LIKE maths
ur acing physics? teach me this strange concept please...

leetahl

HSC
oh god VOMIT
that was the worst exam ever
well its over.. and i feel that if we are all worried about it- hopefully they'll scale it...
fingers crossed

Celestgirl

Smoothies
HSC
umm.... i am not sure

i guess all of my class mates found that the exam is too easy...
it happens to me that i just finished my exam for 2 h and 15m, when we discussed it today we found out that most of us get above 80s even 17 of my friends thought they will get around 117-119/120, and on the average no one said they will even get lower that 110/120. As we had seen the solution and asked our teacher, i guess we really did very well, sorry to hear that it was a hard test, but anyway, don't worry. just concentrate on the other exams,

this is just my personal comment and i teel it honestly

thx

Carnivour

HSC
Celestgirl, agreed ^
I cannot believe, I DONT UNDERSTAND how people can say it was the hardest exam they have seen. Are they just saying that in the rush of the moment? Have they done past papers? This is quite possibly the easiest one I've done, and that was the general concensus at my school (not selective). Good luck everyone.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)