General Thoughts: Information Technology (1 Viewer)

elnewb

HSC
There's pretty much not really one absolutely correct or wrong answer for that question. You can do it in so many ways.

lost1

HSC
damn!! I Just drew a diagram aswell (just the diagram) but didn't refer to the full file path so started with Projects------>then User1 &user2-------->Finished & Unfinished projects

hopefully the marking is lenient and I get the 2 marks...

By the way what RAW marks do you guys reckon we need to for a band 5 or even 6?

elnewb

HSC
For band 5 >80 and band 6 >90. Just a guess.

avagina

HSC
Bilama said:
the first multiple chioce = bitch
i know...it hell easy for some people
atleast hey could have put actual pictures...:p
not...a rectangle...with another rectangle inside it..
oh well
heh

haha wait your talking about question 1?
The USB? haha.

Yeah i found the multiple choice a little too easy. and i did question 20 in report form.

Currypower

HSC
There is always some ambiguous question about USBs in the iT papers...

This year I thought the question was straight forward. It was simply an Indetnify the USB port question

sdsdsdsdsd

HSC
Wasn't it something along the lines of: "Which of these cables go to a peripheral?" or w/e.

lost1

HSC
hehe..i got stuck on the first question as well....i was like oh shit!...I knew it was B but thought maybe its a trick question but thankfully settled on B

sdsdsdsdsd

HSC
What did everyone write for the question about preventing unauthorized access to a program? I thought it was a really dumb question and just said "folder permissions" or something.

elnewb

HSC
sdsdsdsdsd said:
What did everyone write for the question about preventing unauthorized access to a program? I thought it was a really dumb question and just said "folder permissions" or something.
I said either set up proper password protected user accounts for the 2 guys and then do a custom install of the software for only those 2 users. Simple.

savio23q

Band
HSC
Hey guys, I was just wondering whether IT has internal marks. Do you have assessments that count towards your hsc marks or is it simple 100% based on external marks...like retail. Thanks :)

xcrossfire

IT Guru
HSC
elnewb, I did the same thing. Just said change the permissions on the installation folder to only allow the two employees plus administrators access...

elnewb

HSC
savio23q said:
Hey guys, I was just wondering whether IT has internal marks. Do you have assessments that count towards your hsc marks or is it simple 100% based on external marks...like retail. Thanks :)
It's 100% external. It all comes down to your HSC exam mark.

michael1990

HSC
elnewb said:
It's 100% external. It all comes down to your HSC exam mark.
Unless a misadventure form is filled out, then it comes down to your internal mark that the school sent off.

sdsdsdsdsd

HSC
RTF = Rich Text Format, it's text file format with basic formatting like bold, italics, alignments etc.

CSV = Comma Separated Values, when you export a database, SQL/Access, whatever, there is usually the option with your client to export it as CSV.
Example:

A normal DB would look like this:

|Address|Name|Phone|Email|
|123 Fake St.|John|1234567890|John@yahoo.com|
|321 Real St.|Sam|0987654321|Sam@yahoo.com|
CSV would look like this:
Address,Name,Phone,Email
123 Fake St.,John,1234567890,John@yahoo.com
321 Real St.,Sam,0987654321,Sam@yahoo.com
I didn't learn either of those in my IT class though :p.

hujikolp

HSC
xcrossfire said:
elnewb, I did the same thing. Just said change the permissions on the installation folder to only allow the two employees plus administrators access...
mantello?

Jordy-Anne

HSC
I did the IT exam both last year AND this year, it was ALOT harder than last years, I will say that now...but I rekon I did ok :) I did the 1st 2 questions...20 and 21 I think, I think the exam was good though :) oh and FYI: I'm doing pathways and last yr when I did my exam I couldn't write, so I had a writer and it was weird dictating, anyways this year it was Cert 3 rather than 2 so I did it and the exam again to get better marks
BTW it's been a laugh reading this...I know where I went wrong :)

Currypower

HSC
There was a change in syllabus between last year and this year. Thus there was a change in the exam content potentially making it seem more difficult. I didn't do the IT course in '07 so I can't say which course is/was harder.

Jordy-Anne

HSC
Currypower said:
There was a change in syllabus between last year and this year. Thus there was a change in the exam content potentially making it seem more difficult. I didn't do the IT course in '07 so I can't say which course is/was harder.
Yea I thought it was alot different, but the questions did seem a bit...well odd. The multiple choice one on 'closed question', that's an English thing! But 20, 21 and 22 were shiteloads different to any others I have seen....basically the course has been running for about 7 yrs I think, and in that time all the questions seemed to kinda go the same way, trust me I've done all the papers...fat load of good it did for this yrs exam though! lol! But then again the benefit of having this yrs exam harder is the fact that it is a bit more challenging than previous yrs.
Also keep in mind that the course itself didn't differ much as it is a TVET one, I found it was pretty much the same as cert 2 but you just learnt a bit more....except we weren't allowed to be taught Cert 3 Admin stuff...something about students getting into the school's admin database or some crap...It was just the exam that was harder.

I just feel sorry for next years batch....I hope the ppl who write the tests go kinda easy on them :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)