General Thoughts: HSC PD/H/PE (1 Viewer)

Catz

HSC
What did you have to talk about for that 8 marker for improving performance, which answers did they accept?

drainbammage

HSC
What did you have to talk about for that 8 marker for improving performance, which answers did they accept?
You had to talk about decision making and tactical and strategical development, pretty much no one got it, our notes had like 2 lines on each, so i had to make up a whole bunch of bs to fill up the lines.

Chris_S

HSC
The dot point asked for performance and fitness needs for the athlete, schedule of events/competitions and climate and season

Catz

HSC
The dot point asked for performance and fitness needs for the athlete, schedule of events/competitions and climate and season
Are you serious!!!! Yes i did that!!! I thought I'll get zero for that haha

ryan_gorton

HSC
Initial planning considerations is the direct dot-point, however I mentioned pretty much the whole of critical question 2 as they are all different when planning for performance for either an elite or amateur athlete

ryan_gorton

HSC
You had to talk about decision making and tactical and strategical development, pretty much no one got it, our notes had like 2 lines on each, so i had to make up a whole bunch of bs to fill up the lines.
You're talking about the core 2 8 marker, not the IP 8 marker..

Bozzin8R

HSC
Initial planning considerations is the direct dot-point, however I mentioned pretty much the whole of critical question 2 as they are all different when planning for performance for either an elite or amateur athlete
That's fine and will certainly get you the marks, but people who only mentioned initial planning considerations and did them well would have done enough to get 8/8

swagmeister

HSC
Just one thing to reassure you guys, in the HSC they develop the marking criteria AFTER looking at a variety of different responses to questions, as candidates might not have responded to them in the anticipated manner. This is unlike trials and stuff, where the marking criteria already exists.

So I'm sure it will be fine!

Stimuli

HSC
N/A
Already know I got one multiple choice wrong.. Hopefully it's the only one. Bloody haemoglobin levels graphs, I put A, but now I've realised it's most probably B.
Yeah that one was B. Dont worry, I answered B for What causes the depletion of ATP/PC system. B was lack of muscle glycogen, when it was C; the inability to resynthesise CP..

Catz

HSC
Do you think getting a high band 6 after aligning is easier since alot of people found it hard?

ryan_gorton

HSC
Yeah that one was B. Dont worry, I answered B for What causes the depletion of ATP/PC system. B was lack of muscle glycogen, when it was C; the inability to resynthesise CP..
The answers for that question were wrong I think? Should've been "inability to resynthesise ADP" not "inability to resynthesise CP" don't you think? Either that, or depletion of CP? I Still went for that though, others weren't even close lol

Bozzin8R

HSC
I don't see why they would accept different answers when its a friggen syllabus point, its not like its some obscure concept they drew from thin air. I guess its me being a little bit biased and not wanting them to seeing as I wrote about the right stuff haha

mcchicken

madman in a box
HSC
Yeah, I didn't answer the FaP 8m correctly and although it would be great for BOSTES to be lenient, at the end of the day it just comes down to the fact that too many students (and teachers) rely on past papers to predict what to focus on which is a risk that obviously did not pay off this year. I don't think it would be fair for me to get marks when there are others who actually answered the question properly.

However, Bozzin8R, I will say that I don't understand how the dot point qualified an 8m response? IMO I think it should've been about 4-5 marks worth, 6 at a stretch...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)