General Thoughts: General Mathematics (1 Viewer)

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Share your overall thoughts of the General Maths exam here.

Please discuss answers to questions in the appropriate section thread.

Cal007

HSC
generaly an easy exam, only a few tricky questions but overall it was alright

xx.mel91

HSC
I thought it was a pretty good exam XD. Had one or two bad questions, and ran out of time at the end. But generally an easy exam compared to the others I've done so far.

NCB619

I Am The Chorus
HSC
Best maths exam that I've ever sat!
There was about 3 or 4 multiple choice questions I guessed, because I had a mental blank, and then I had a mental blank as well for 27b, but then with about 3 minutes left, I figured out how to do it (it was the last question I had left) and finished with about 10 seconds to spare.

Now, for my 8 day break!

Harley Chan

HSC
I personally thought this exam was more challenging than previous HSC papers... xD

Jotendo

HSC
Re: how did it go .

I thought it was a great exam, nothing too hard in there and i think got most of it right (i hope)I didn't get to finish the last question about the dice and crap, most annoying question. And there was a multiple choice q that i couldn't get as well :/

Luffy91

HSC
Re: how did it go .

Personally, I struggled largely with it.Most people at my school did I think, so i'm really not the only one. Was by far the hardest HSC General Maths paper I have done...

rowdyroddy

HSC
some interesting questions like the one about the australian bureau of stats. i think they get harder every year, i did the 2005 as a practice and finished with an hour to spare.

Henry Marshall

HSC
Got smashed. Looking at probably 60ish% Pretty upset about it atm, it will have a pretty large effect on my overall ATAR. I'll need to dominate Geo to make up for this now.

MHSoR Student

HSC
N/A
I believe I achieved a mark of about 78% in this exam. My performance in this exam compared to my performance in my trial (87%) was completely destroyed by the length of this exam combined with the time limit.

clarebear14

HSC
got smashed. Looking at probably 60ish% pretty upset about it atm, it will have a pretty large effect on my overall atar. I'll need to dominate geo to make up for this now.
same here with the geography thing.. I hope its a good paper hey

Cinnamonster

Somewhere in the general vicinity of the Universe
HSC
I answered most stuff (left a few which I went back to with about seven minutes to go and answered almost all of the rest). I hate maths.
Laughed at the question about Bozo the Clown. Possibly one of my most favourite maths questions of all time. Good work Board of Studies :D
I suspect I'll get a band 4 or 5. If not, well I guess there's nothing I can do and I'm not going to be all upset about it anyway. It's maths. Maths and I have never really gotten along anyway.

Best thing about this test? It being over. Never have to do another maths test ever again!

successwilbmine

HSC
completely f*ed it. hardest g. maths exam i ever sat in. didnt even attempt the two 4 markers and guessed a lot of the multiple..

Tulii

Like the sun will rise.
HSC
I thought it was actually quite decent. I have a major problem with any question. Everyone was saying it was hard..so now 'm paranoid I missed like a whole section. LOL!

The Land Of Procrastinating.. Which is in the same
HSC
I liked it. A lot less harder than I thought it would be, but in saying that I still found it a little difficult as I was not fully prepared for his exam.. I would be if I didn't have Ancient to worry about us well!!

The multiple choice were great, I think I only guessed like 2 lol.. and the last one I remember guessing D cause I hadn't picked D yet for that column.

The only question I left blank was the very last question. I had no idea how to do it. Confused the shit outta me.

My biggest issue was definitely time management. Whenever I did past papers I never paid attention to the time limit, wish I did now.. I was up to 24 when there was like an hour to go so I had to rush like crazy through 4 questions.

I think I got 50's for sure- that's just realistically.. 70 would be perfect but..

blue_butterfly

HSC
I found this exam much harder than previous years. Mainly coz of time management. I was expecting to have at least half an hour left but only had like 15 minutes:spzz: ahhh then realised i havent done two of the 4 markers! There goes my time to check over the paper.

And what was with the Statistical question about the Government! It was like geography or something.

Also the collecting, displaying, organising in multichoice was like IPT!

GET IT RIGHT BOS!!

BreBre91

HSC
Haha anyone notice John Denver?... John in Denver writing to a friend in Osaka.

Freshjiver

HSC
Question 23cii), did anyone else do it like this..?

i) Find the area of the terrace.

...... = 13.77m2

ii) Tiles are sold in boxes. Each box holds one square metre of tiles and costs $55. When buying the tiles, 10% more tiles are needed, due to cutting and wastage.
Find the total cost of the boxes of tiles required for the terrace.

So you go 13.77 + 10/100x13.77 = 15.147m2.
So this means that they need 16 boxes, not 15, as it's more than 15 and they can't buy part of a box.

Am i correct..?</SPAN>

aN-geL

HSC
my brain wasn't functioning during the whole exam.....:bomb:
which really sucked
but! the exam was challenging i guess, but i reckon i could of done better....
oh welps

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)