General Thoughts: English Paper 1 (AOS) (1 Viewer)

SuchSmallHands

HSC
I actually have to go to Tafe to do my bridging courses (yeah, note the plural, there are three. The summer holidays are going to be loads of fun) so this is not joke for me haha

rumbleroar

Survivor of the HSC
HSC
Did anyone else think it was really weird that the AOS question didn't include the word belonging?
Yeah but I definitely included it in my thesis and throughout my essay. After all, we are studying "belonging" so its best to mention it haha

Ah good, I'm so relieved right now! My teacher told us to talk about all of them and one in depth for the longest short answer, but that's because they usually have a superlative term like 'the most effective' or whatever and we were told to justify why the one we chose was more effective than the others. Glad what I did was right, the layout of this short answer was so different with those three three markers! I ended up writing a page more or short answer than I did for my essay, it was the only section I had to use a booklet for! I should have saved some of my pizza for today, I needed it very much at 12:40 (because for some reason my school started the paper late and no one thought that was weird)
Haha I'm glad someone from my grade brought up a question about justifying or analysing the effectiveness of choosing the texts we chose because even if my 6 marker was really bad, at least I answered that part LOL wow you did so much for short answer! All mine fit neatly in the booklet. I think I only had a 1-2 pages leftover from each section? Pretty happy with that hahaha omg my stomach grumbled during Paper 1...how embarrassing LOL

Last edited:

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
Ah good, I'm so relieved right now! My teacher told us to talk about all of them and one in depth for the longest short answer, but that's because they usually have a superlative term like 'the most effective' or whatever and we were told to justify why the one we chose was more effective than the others. Glad what I did was right, the layout of this short answer was so different with those three three markers! I ended up writing a page more or short answer than I did for my essay, it was the only section I had to use a booklet for! I should have saved some of my pizza for today, I needed it very much at 12:40 (because for some reason my school started the paper late and no one thought that was weird)
A BOSTE supervisor nearly started early..but then we got started later..

I was starving when I got out!

SuchSmallHands

HSC
Yeah but I definitely included it in my thesis and throughout my essay. After all, we are studying "belonging" so its best to mention it haha

Haha I'm glad someone from my grade brought up a question about justifying or analysing the effectiveness of choosing the texts we chose because even if my 6 marker was really bad, at least I answered that part LOL wow you did so much for short answer! All mine fit neatly in the booklet. I think I only had a 1-2 pages leftover from each section? Pretty happy with that hahaha omg my stomach grumbled during Paper 1...how embarrassing LOL
Yeah I'm really worried I didn't mention belonging enough, I was torn between using the key words of the question ('connections') and our AOS. But I definitely under used belonging, I think I only actually said that word once or twice in my whole essay! I filled the section for the essay, went one page over for short answer, but then only wrote four pages for creative :( And the end to my creative was soo lame and cliche haha

SuchSmallHands

HSC
Yep... whole paper scarcity of the word belonging..
It was so weird! Like the new AOS doesn't come in until next year guys, we still actually study belonging? I think creative was the only section that actually used it as an integral term to the question?

HSC
Guys prepare for paper 2 tomorrow. Have a feeling, since belonging wasn't dodgy paper 2 will be.

We almost got an extra 10 minutes (supervisors didn't add 2 hours correctly and instead added 2 hours and 10mins) until someone told them :p

I wrote 7 pages for essay and filled the booklet for creative. Hopefully these 2 sections compensate for my mixed feelings and emotions for the comprehension section.

Hi there444

HSC
Guys prepare for paper 2 tomorrow. Have a feeling, since belonging wasn't dodgy paper 2 will be.

We almost got an extra 10 minutes (supervisors didn't add 2 hours correctly and instead added 2 hours and 10mins) until someone told them :p

I wrote 7 pages for essay and filled the booklet for creative. Hopefully these 2 sections compensate for my mixed feelings and emotions for the comprehension section.
Turns out they have a speech.

SuchSmallHands

HSC

Yeah, belonging didn't really throw anything unexpected except in the layout of SA and the specificity of creative, I hope paper two isn't too rough but I think you're right.

Does everyone hate that person now?

iStudent

HSC
This belonging paper was dodgy though... *cough* random 6 marker with 1 text

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
HAHAHHAAH

One of the old men came to my table and I was asking him something whilst he blew his nose and fking snot fell on my table. He didn't even fkn clean it so I had to put a tissue on it lol. Worst thing ever.
And that is why you should never ask questions!

HSC
Yeah, belonging didn't really throw anything unexpected except in the layout of SA and the specificity of creative, I hope paper two isn't too rough but I think you're right.

Does everyone hate that person now?
I hate the people who created section 1.

I didn't like it at all, particularly the structure.
I didn't like question 1a or the 6 marker.

Creative was decent/nice, they were always going to ask a question.

Essay question wasn't too hard or off putting

And i don't think anyone hated the question because then problems would have been created for our school! Obviously word would have gotten out, and to equal fairness of some sort they'd have to do something. Probably alternate task for our school.

That person was going to be after i had finished my essay but im like ceebs need to keep writing.

Last edited:

Hi there444

HSC
HAHAHHAAH

One of the old men came to my table and I was asking him something whilst he blew his nose and fking snot fell on my table. He didn't even fkn clean it so I had to put a tissue on it lol. Worst thing ever.
That serves well for a situation when ur dehydrated

Hi there444

HSC
I hate the people who created section 1.

I didn't like it at all, particularly the structure.
I didn't like question 1a or the 6 marker.

Creative was decent/nice, they were always going to ask a question.

Essay question wasn't too hard or off putting

And i don't think anyone hated the question because then problems would have been created for our school! Obviously word would have gotten out, and to equal fairness of some sort they'd have to do something. Probably alternate task for our school.

That person was going to be after i had finished my essay but im like ceebs need to keep writing.
Mate I would rep but I can only modify the script a day.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)