General Thoughts: English Extension 1 (1 Viewer)

cole-

HSC
N/A
We all left soooo happy.
Crime writing.
BEST EXT ESSAY EVER
13 for essay
15 for creative

that bloody stimulus was the best thing too.
as my creative piece was an interrogation/interview.
:)
loved it

AND TIME LEFT OVER TO WRITE ALL MY NUMBERS ON THE PAGE
was quick to get out of there too
my god, i love the 1hr for each question thing
compared to modules and AOS it makes it seem like a breeze

:D:D

penguin.ali

HSC
Navigating the global... there was a collective sigh in the room as we all opened our papers considering how much we were stressing about it!

I loved the questions, really happy with it all =]

zoo-music girl

HSC
Best exam I've had!! I did crime writing... wrote about 20 pages for the essay.. went a bit crazy.. the question was so broad and easy and i just adapted other essays i've written. And wrote about 13 for the creative which was also a really general question. I couldn't be happier. I found the eng papers really got easier... belonging was horrible, paper 2 was alright and this was sweet.

sirpoopalot7

HSC
Ahhhh god I hate that everyone else found it easy too :( scifi creative stimulus did no favours for me

I feel you. Fucking creative stimulus was a joke. I wrote about like in the future where the gov. stops people from committing suicide as well as crimes, controls weather (LOL WHY CAN'T IT JUST RAIN) and other shit. My character stops the super computers Doctor Who style, amazingly finding ways to save the day at the last minute somehow. It was like 5.5 pages of pure BS. One page was a description of a child trying to climb a synthetic tree and getting a ticket...

Essay was good though, wrote a booklet and a half. Very happy, 20+

alina yousif

HSC
Romantism essay and creative fit in nicely to what we've studied.. Would have love to done sci fi though.. My ext2 major was of the genre of sci fi.. Crime fiction seems intresting too..

Tumnus

HSC
Crime fiction essay was GREAT, pretimuch what i had prepared, used 2 booklets.
the Creative writing i didn't like so much with the detective thing.....my detective turned out to be a sociopath and kills his police partner/boss (though i left that possibility open)....hmmmm i wonder..extreem subversion and issue of increasing criminals in the police force???? wasn't exactly permieated with the role of the detective :( mybe i've just developed new conventions for detectives :p

arjiparji

HSC
N/A
Re: Extension Exam - How'd it go?

navigating the global essay was quite tricky.

15 pages for essay
11 pages for creative

ixswans

HSC
Romanticism questions were very good :) Wish I had more time because I wanted to write so much more!

ecaniaga

HSC
I though NTG questions were really good too. You could clearly see how the essay related to what we'd studied and it wasn't a struggle to come up with good links between texts.

Katherwin

HSC
I did crime writing. Loooved it. Essay question was what I prepared pretty much and my creative went easily into it.

So happy its over though! No more Crime Fiction, EVER! :D

Aplus

HSC
N/A
Haha, Nietzsche is a God. Especially Beyond Good and Evil.

57o1i

Premium Member
HSC
I loved it and so did my entire class (we do Crime Writing).
20 pages on the essay and fifteen on creative ... very happy with it, all up. No more English!

Enigmanation

HSC
Yeah it was pretty good test overall, considering i started studying last night at 8. Managed to get the essay done quite nicely, didn't really like the stimulus they gave for the creative for science fiction, made up some bogus story that makes no sense. Ah well, did better than i expected.

ekoolish

Impossible?
HSC
This exam is still recovering from mass a rapeage. The question for crime writing was so generic and the stimulus could be easily incorporated metaphorically or literally as it was essentially two stimuli.

gabgab

HSC
It was okay. the essay was a bit unexpected (textual dynamics) but i managed to refer to the Q frequently. 16 pages for it.

the story was annoying though. really specific, especially with all the similes and stuff in the stimulus, but wrote 8 pages.
ugh, my hand is so sore.

Omygod, why is no one doing textual dynamics? its seems to be an extreme minority!

Wyes

HSC
Romanticism part was AMAZING.

I have a very good feeling about that exam.

Wrote 12 pages on the essay, only 6.5 for the story (but still very happy with what I wrote).

Romantism essay and creative fit in nicely to what we've studied.. Would have love to done sci fi though.. My ext2 major was of the genre of sci fi.. Crime fiction seems intresting too..
Same for all of the above.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)