General Thoughts: English Advanced Paper 2 (Modules) (1 Viewer)

Eddo003

HSC
module a- br/ frankenstein was not too bad (touch wood)
module c- fiftieth gate, not too bad either (touch wood)

but module b- hamlet......... shiiit i had no idea!!! i just disagreed with it completely but found it hard to back up why.. ehh so hard for me, plus i was no where near finishing so i had to go the dot points!

bayan92

HSC
Module A - 3.5 Pages - Challenging question for King Richard III and Looking for Richard Module B and C - 6 pages - Straightforward for Speeches and Ted Hughes - Fit my thesis well

naisAtoN

Awesome Member
HSC
The questions were all pretty good - I was so glad they didn't ask for some crazy text type like a speech or conversation or something.

The only thing I'm concerned about is the detail in some of my responses (mainly History and Memory). I tend to lose half of my quotes and arguments under pressure and this was the last essay. I only just finished it and had to cut one of my points short, but hopefully it went well enough.

Overall, it's done now and if I didn't do my best there's nothing I can do. In a year's time I'm not going to give a damn what mark I got for Advanced English in year 12.

atal.love

HSC
i thought it was great , straight-forward and easy to approach for me.
i'm worried about Module B though... i disagreed with the question,yet my reasoning wasn't strong enough.
wrote: 11.5 - 12 - 13.5

Last edited:
HSC
Uni Grad
2.5 pages, 3.5 pages, 3 pages, think I did well. btw I write small so I dont see how many pages as particularly relevant. Didnt like that bloody Franky and BR one though.

t0m91

HSC
Relatively easy but time fucked me over. Hopefully I went well in this because I think I went poorly in belonging.

alex.leon

not an ATARd
HSC
Module A: 7 pages - fuck I hate Richard III. I just made up all my techniques.
Module B: 9 pages - pretty sure I aced this..or came pretty close.
Module C: 8 pages- I thought 'provocative' meant sexy? EPIC FAIL.

I write fairly small as well, so was pretty impressed by my page-ness. Can't unclench my hand though. Shame, that.

jessmooka

don't leapfrog unicorns.
HSC
i agree. 3 hours would be divine.
however i think it was a gr8 paper :) Frankenstein/BR was a stupid Q, but i think i handled it ok...
LOOOOOOVED hamlet, soo easy to talk about

history and memory can suck my metaphorical penis.
sorry september 11, that;s what i think of you.

freaky.styly

HSC
Frankenstein and Blade Runner was fkn easy, Hamlet was slightly more of a pain, Hisory and memory was fine 6.5 5 5 fingers crossed band 6

Harley Chan

HSC
2.5 pages, 3.5 pages, 3 pages, think I did well. btw I write small so I dont see how many pages as particularly relevant. Didnt like that bloody Franky and BR one though.
Finally someone who didn't write like 8+ pages, like me :D

raniaaa

:)
HSC
wellll during read time i was like omg crap ma these are all so specific but then i was able to answer them pretty well actually. definately suprised myself.. hopefully my marks reflect that :eek:

biopia

WestSyd-UNSW3x/week
HSC
I agree with what was said a little earlier. Considering I was so stressed about the exam, I thought it went really well.

Mod A (Fr/Br): I hated the "disruption" part, but I still answered the question. I talked about nature in relation to disruption, and power and connections in relation to identity. I used most of prepared response. After the exam, I talked to my teacher and she said that it was a good approach. I wrote 8 pages. Expecting 17+.

Mod B (Hamlet): It was an alright question. Managed to use half of my prepared response, which was good. I talked about the various relationships with Hamlet, Claudius, Gertrude, Ophelia, Polonius, Ros & Gil, and Laertes. I really feel quite confident. I wrote 8 pages. Hopefully, I'll get 18+.

Mod C (The Justice Game): LOVED this question. Almost exactly the same thesis as my prepared response. I was really happy that they said "at least one". I had prepared two, but it made the prepared script 2000 words :S. Being able to cut one related text made it easy. Still, I wrote 11 pages, so I am extremely happy. I'm expecting at least 19/20 for this response.

Overall though, I am quite happy with the paper. Finished all three essays, but felt kinda rushed in the last 5 minutes. I am also very, very glad that it was three essays =]

Combining the two exams, I am expecting to get the best mark I have ever gotten! Woo!!!!

Kid B

HSC
Now that I've finished the English course i can got out and apply what i've learnt to things in life. oh wait..................................

Harley Chan

HSC
i agree. 3 hours would be divine.
however i think it was a gr8 paper :) Frankenstein/BR was a stupid Q, but i think i handled it ok...
LOOOOOOVED hamlet, soo easy to talk about

history and memory can suck my metaphorical penis.
sorry september 11, that;s what i think of you.
hahaha +1

chantelle-r

HSC
Module A: 7 pages - fuck I hate Richard III. I just made up all my techniques.
Module B: 9 pages - pretty sure I aced this..or came pretty close.
Module C: 8 pages- I thought 'provocative' meant sexy? EPIC FAIL.

I write fairly small as well, so was pretty impressed by my page-ness. Can't unclench my hand though. Shame, that.
omg i thought provocative meant sexy as well!!!

alice09

HSC
They don't call that the 'discriminator' for nothing!!
But I'm pretty happy with the amount i wrote 9.5|6.5|7
Mod A Woolf + Albee was ok , but my links were kinda tenous :S
Mod C was great for conflicting, i just needed moar time 2 do my damn conclusion
But Mod B for Hamlet was a bitch! I ended up all but abandoning my prepared theses and running out of time 4 conclusion again :(
I hope they don't take 2 many marks away for absent conclusions...

CeeJaii

HSC
Ehhhh........... Tbh Julius Caesar question on conflicting perspectives was horrible.

penguin.ali

HSC
the question in section 2 for speeches also, i thought was unfair... the significance of justice is NOT explored in all of those speeches!!! take margaret atwood's speech for example.... WTF!! i had paul keating's speech prepared, and that was more political based, and explored war and heroes more than freaking JUSTICE!
I agree. I got stumped by the whole "human experience" thing, most speeches do use it but very few use it to convey the significance of justice. I ended up using Pearson and Sadat, who kind of had those elements to their speeches.

What I really didn't like was the Frankenstein and Bladerunner essay, the texts deal mostly with the idea of humanity not bloody identity, I didn't write well for that one.

Oh well. I did about 18 pages all up, and I'm just happy its over :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)