General thoughts: English Advanced Modules Paper 2 (1 Viewer)

ad_321

HSC
1984/Metro: wasn't expecting stimulus, but approachable Q. Bit rushed at the end but happy.
Hamlet: imagery again... hated it, rush job.
Why Werent We Told: hell yes, easy question. Pumped it.

WrittenLoveLetters

배고파
HSC
Liked Paper II more than Paper I - purely based on how confident I feel LOL (dropping my ATAR goal to 90 after that trauma)

baktiar77

HSC
Should've written more for each question. Speeches took me surprise as I hadn't prepped well for Lessing whilst that 1984 quote left me in mindblank as I wasted time thinking of the appropriate technique (was it a paradox?)

DatAtarLyfe

Booty Connoisseur
HSC
Can i ask what you how many pages you guys wrote for each?

ProdigyInspired

Tafe Advocate
HSC
._. i wrote so much for mod c in sacrifice of mod a but mainly because i didn't remember my quotes properly and ran out of time

i did 4 for mod b, like 7 or 6 for mod c, and like 2 for mod a lmao

Fongster99

HSC
N/A
(Hi Mrs Tuner-Jones)

English Paper 2 was actually better than Discovery I thought.

Module A (Metropolis and 1984): The quote and stimulus were pretty good and easy to incorporate with the essay I thought
Module B (Hamlet): This question, I thought would be tough for most people, especially as it specified how Shakespeare used imagery to challenge truth and deceit, but overall, with the right quotations, such as "tis and unweeded garden that grows to see" or "what is a man? If his chief good and market of his time be but to sleep and feed? A beast no more.", I found that addressing truth and lies was pretty simple, especially if you studied the dichotomy between Medieval Feudalism and Renaissance Humanism.
Module C (Why Weren't We Told?): I thought Module C was pretty straight forward, straight from the rubric.

Overall, I think this was easier to handle than finding out that whale ribs are like boats or looking at that non-existent picture stimulus, but you know, I'm a drop so yea

Last edited:

eating

Wannabe COMP god
HSC
Spent too long on Mod C, didn't get a conclusion out for Mod B. Much better than AoS though.

I hope the Mod C marker likes my analysis of Wag The Dog and Zootopia.

edit: also I probably used a Mod B quote or two that don't really exist.

Last edited:

eating

Wannabe COMP god
HSC
was each booklet 4 pages? I know I used 2/2/3, so probably 6 pages each except mod C with 9. I write about 6/7 words per line

Last edited:

BandSixFix

Disillusioned
HSC
Pages/Words =/= Marks to an extent. Once you hit a certain threshold the markers couldn't care less.

Kittyrules

I'm your density
HSC
im still not over paper 2, mod a was the worst for dalloway and the hours - they gave us an extract from one of the lesser characters who we didnt study in class and everyone thought the quote was said by the main character so the whole grade got that wrong DDD:
mod b for yeats was fine and mod c was ok for WWWT
but mod a :(

DatAtarLyfe

Booty Connoisseur
HSC
im still not over paper 2, mod a was the worst for dalloway and the hours - they gave us an extract from one of the lesser characters who we didnt study in class and everyone thought the quote was said by the main character so the whole grade got that wrong DDD:
#stillgetsb6

kashkow

HSC
Yeahhh the quote... I think ours was from redgrave and Margaret... Dw. you probably did much better than me (I really messed up module A by only doing about half the question. Like only talking about the context :( )

But don't stress about it. There's nothing you can do now to change your answers, so no point worrying about it :) Just do the best you can in the future exams and I'm sure you'll do great! :) :read:

Stewartanderson

HSC
I'm in the same boat for Dalloway! My whole grade literally thought it was Clarissa! I would have never, in my wildest dreams thought it would be Lucrezia! But apparently, markers don't care about who said the quote... They care about the idea! Well, at least that's what my teacher and tutor said, who both happen to be HSC markers!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)