General Thoughts - English Adv Paper 2 (1 Viewer)

williamc

HSC
samuel slack said:
I dunno, length would be a factor in some cases, but like someone else said, the questions were very limiting in the amount you could write and what you could talk about. Responses that were quality, and long, will usually beat responses that are not, so are you saying that length will become the main disrciminant, or just another important discriminant?
for the questions i did.. they questions were extremely open, the only way i see they will be able to seperate us, is by length.

collide

HSC
Module A - Emma/Clueless.. found it okay. The two elements thing I basically just said reshaping/transformation of characters + events :| Don't know that's right but it worked well..

Module B - Gwen Harwood.. was glad that it was an essay and they didn't specify any poems.. but the question completely threw me off. I was looking for words such as 'loss' or 'sorrow' to depict the emotions but my mind just went blank. I was sick of wasting time so I revolved my essay around 'love' LOL.

Module C - Frontline.. pretty much the easiest question ever. Didn't even need any adapting.

but overall YAY NO MORE MODULES! :D

historykidd

HSC
williamc said:
I think band 6's will rise from what i heard somewhere that people are pissed off, not enough b6's
good good.

i'm glad I wont have to endure anymore fucking "carn Quick" or "orright oriel" in my lifetime. Cloudstreet is burning as we speak.

HSC
not too bad...although i didn't write nearly enough
speeches q was crap - pick an issue they all discuss
they are different speeches for a reason- they are DIFFERENT
anyway hope my rank will pull me up

good luck all for your other exams

oh and although they were out of different amount were both exams worth 50% of the external mark?

~shinigami~

~Summer Song~
HSC
The exam overall wasn't too hard at all, BOS is very kind this year.

Despite saying that, I don't think I did too well. I stuffed up Mod C Truth and as it was the most generic question, I don't think they'll mark it kindly.

Goodbye Band 6. :(

samuel slack

HSC
For some reason I thought it was 60-40 modules to AOS but I'm not really sure. So William, what would you say was an average response based on length?

G

gaoOO

samuel slack said:
For some reason I thought it was 60-40 modules to AOS but I'm not really sure. So William, what would you say was an average response based on length?
it's 60 - 40 weighted in favour of modules. I'm 100% sure on this.

Maddy1012

HSC
williamc said:
lolol easiest questions ever + 3 essays = love explosion in reading time.

Just over a booklet for each.

hahaha I also had a love explosion during reading time. yeah i thought it was easy.I thought I did really well for me.:)

williamc

HSC
samuel slack said:
I dunno 6 pages odd.

ddtng

HSC
gaoOO said:
it's 60 - 40 weighted in favour of modules. I'm 100% sure on this.
Well you can work this out given how much each question is worth:

AOS: Three questions worth 15 marks each.
Modules: Three questions worth 20 marks each.

Add them up and you get a 60:40 weighting.

Last edited:

bringbackshred

I AM ANGRY.
HSC
I feel sorry for the marker of my Module B response.

Somehow I managed to imply that Asian parents are extremely fond of domestic violence.

yoakim

CBMI, MPH, AAP, MSF
HSC
Yeah I thought it was a generally easy paper.

I wasn't expecting "Analyse TWO differences in BNW/BR" since I had more depth studies for the similarities, so I had to shift my focus sort of, and I don't think my argument was strong enough...hopefully not.

Powerplay question wasn't bad just some challenges etc.
The Section 2 question wasn't bad either, though I had only 30 minutes to write this, hopefully my response will be one of those 'quality > quantity' type ones.

G

gaoOO

ddtng said:

actually no, 3 times 15 is 45 not 40, but the point is that it gets reduced down to 40.

HSC
ddtng said:

isn't 15+15+15=45
anyway doomed either way

ddtng

HSC
gaoOO said:
actually no, 3 times 15 is 45 not 40, but the point is that it gets reduced down to 40.
Well, clearly I am going to fail maths.

But I blame this on my school's English teachers who screwed up the weighting themselves for the trial.

starrysky

HSC
It was nice - the questions were so general that I actually managed to fit in all three modules for an all-round finished job (except Powerplay, but I almost finished my conclusion, so ... hrrm).

i.love.my.duck

HSC
i thought it was a fairly straight-forward paper...

tho one of the teachers at my school (baulkham hills) said that it was a very difficult paper...she said the transformation question was hard..and that the majority of the questions had very narrow focus...

personally I can see how the questions were a bit narrow, but i didn't find the paper that difficult as i could mould my responses easily to the demands of the question...

in3rtia

HSC
/sigh
got home, opened up my maths book to study maths and shouted "holly f**** I wrote down Edgar instead of writing Edmund!!!!!"
I wish I am just being paranoid.

kloudsurfer

HSC
bringbackshred said:
I feel sorry for the marker of my Module B response.

Somehow I managed to imply that Asian parents are extremely fond of domestic violence.
Uhhh...ok...lol

Anyway, my thoughts:

Module A: Did BNW BR. Stuffed me up because my planned essay structure was based on similarities rather than differences. As a result, rambled a bit to make it relate to the question, but i think it went ok. Got into a second booklet.

Moduler B: Did Harwood. Did it last and would have done better if i hadnt spent 5 extra minutes on BNW/BR. The question was waay too specific. At least one emotion? I made up some crap about 'love' and 'fear' and 'hope' and stuff. Coulda been better. Only got out about 7 pages.

Module C: Perfect. Generic and waaay too easy. Not that im complaining. Got into a second booklet

Overall, a bit more difficult than i expected but it wasnt too bad.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)