General Thoughts: Engineering Studies (1 Viewer)

madjack

HSC
Yeah I was thinking the same that if everyone had some trouble we would be levelled out somewhat, I'm thinking around the same probably 60.

madjack

HSC
Re: Did poorly in engineering exam

It was fucking messed up. I mean okay you change the syllabus but you don't implement the changes all in one go. We only had the past papers to work on and the specimen paper which had no answer. This was a disgrace.
I even managed to get a hold of the answers for the specimen paper from my teacher, studied fairly hard and was hoping for a band 5-6. Coming first in my class and think ill get a raw mark of probably 60 or less in that exam.

anthony9864

HSC

i dont think it matters as if you change it to m^4 you get Pa but if you dont change it you get MPa, all depends on unit agreement. also was the first multiple choice question pre-stressed or post-stressed concrete? aaaaaand with the efficiency one i think the velocity ratio was just number of teeth in the small crank divided by the number of teeth in the larger crank...

but overall the hardest hsc paper so far for Engineering Studies:angryfire::spzz::angryfire::spzz:
That 1st multichoice was stupid. it could be pre/post tensioned because how are we to know if the concrete is cured or not? DID anyone else realise that the test had nothing on glass, testing, inspection, concrete (beside that stupid MC) and some other stuff which showed up in nearly every past paper. They turned what we know upside down.

Last edited:

anthony9864

HSC

I even managed to get a hold of the answers for the specimen paper from my teacher, studied fairly hard and was hoping for a band 5-6. Coming first in my class and think ill get a raw mark of probably 60 or less in that exam.
Did you finish the exam? I was so shocked by the contents of the test I couldn't think properly lol and yea same im coming first and doubt ill get over 65 for raw.

madjack

HSC

Did you finish the exam? I was so shocked by the contents of the test I couldn't think properly lol and yea same im coming first and doubt ill get over 65 for raw.
Yeah I managed too, did what I could confidently then went back through and answered what I left. I was so shocked cause of how different it was to what I'd prepared for.

zammit10

HSC

i dont think it matters as if you change it to m^4 you get Pa but if you dont change it you get MPa, all depends on unit agreement. also was the first multiple choice question pre-stressed or post-stressed concrete? aaaaaand with the efficiency one i think the velocity ratio was just number of teeth in the small crank divided by the number of teeth in the larger crank...

but overall the hardest hsc paper so far for Engineering Studies:angryfire::spzz::angryfire::spzz:
The answer too the first multiple choice was post tensioned. because you could see the tubes that the reinforcement had been fed through and they clearly werent already tensioned. That test was ridiculous i think it was unfair.

anandos

HSC
Uni Grad

I love you man, 1/100 :')

Heydosaurus

HSC
I'm jealous of you guys for having a significantly larger telecommunications and general electrical engineering component to the course. They even put logic gates on the formula sheet, now! That is rad as!

Lifting devices was a shitty module, so I'm glad it got shafted. =P

anthony9864

HSC

The answer too the first multiple choice was post tensioned. because you could see the tubes that the reinforcement had been fed through and they clearly werent already tensioned. That test was ridiculous i think it was unfair.
You are correct i cant believe i didnt see that

spanky125

Just waitin' for a mate
HSC

I had no idea about the drawing for the nut, so I just drew a 3D Hexagonal Nut that was not to scale or anything haha

emanfaz

HSC

I had no idea about the drawing for the nut, so I just drew a 3D Hexagonal Nut that was not to scale or anything haha
Yea mate I did the exact same thing!!!! WTF was up with the last drawing... is it just me or was it too simple for a 6 marker (i reckon I missed key information)

jackt63

HSC

Pretty ridiculous exam is all I have to say, never had a problem with truss' all year (was known as the sections wiz) spent like 40 minutes on that one and got no where. fucking dumb. Was keen for some al alloy props, disadvantages and advantages, nothing there. Keen for guided media, nothing in it. Keen for some carbon fibre and Kevlar etc etc NOTHING, no BERNOULLI's principle. Expecting low 90's but now receiving low 80s

spanky125

Just waitin' for a mate
HSC

Yea mate I did the exact same thing!!!! WTF was up with the last drawing... is it just me or was it too simple for a 6 marker (i reckon I missed key information)
The drawings are worth way too many marks. I mean 6 marks for a drawing whereas a truss analysis is only worth 2 on most occasions.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)