General Thoughts: Engineering Studies (1 Viewer)

lance687876

HSC
Uni Grad
This year's consensus amongst BOS, Facebook and my cohort seems to be that it was a pretty hard test compared to previous years. I would say that a band five might be somewhere in the early to mid sixties?
what do you mean by a band 5 cutoff?
are you talking about the percentage of people you beat of you score 60?
or are you saying that it gets scaled up?
because l'm sure everyone knows that engineering studies is one of THE most worst scaling subjects there is.

gr_111

HSC
I'm sure there was a typo in that bus down the hill question, if the hill had been 70metres long instead of 700 then it would have ended up below 60km/hr and then accelerated to it as specified in the next part of the q.

EDIT: actually just calculated it and it would still be above 60kmhr, but where the hell would you find a 700m 40 degree downhill slope anyway, and why would you be rolling a bus the whole way down it? lol

Last edited:

Heydosaurus

HSC
what do you mean by a band 5 cutoff?
are you talking about the percentage of people you beat of you score 60?
or are you saying that it gets scaled up?
because l'm sure everyone knows that engineering studies is one of THE most worst scaling subjects there is.
Read up on HSC alignment. Basically, the Board of Studies sit down and decide what mark... Ah, fuck it. There's a good explanation here.

http://www.duxcollege.com.au/hsc-marks-alignment-process-i-52.html

You're thinking of how Engineering Studies scales in terms of ATAR. Basically, if you get a low-mid band five or above in Engineering, you won't have to worry about being negatively scaled.

lance687876

HSC
Uni Grad
Read up on HSC alignment. Basically, the Board of Studies sit down and decide what mark... Ah, fuck it. There's a good explanation here.

You're thinking of how Engineering Studies scales in terms of ATAR. Basically, if you get a low-mid band five or above in Engineering, you won't have to worry about being negatively scaled.
so basically, they don't give out the raw mark?
all they write for the examination mark is the alligned mark?

lance687876

HSC
Uni Grad

so basically, they don't give out the raw mark?
all they write for the examination mark is the alligned mark?

lemon1

HSC
for that question where i got 0.00088 or whatever it was... I changed it because i thought it was wrong since it was literally retarded, did not think of 8^-4 :(

Raaju123

HSC
N/A
this exam was soooooo fked up, it was like harder than any other past papers, even though i till finished

malek94

HSC
WELL FUCKEN SAID BRUTHAAA
I could not agree with you more man
It was horrible

grizzlybear

HSC
is this for real?
my whole year group/class thought the exam was easy. Aeronautics was the easiest topic in the year and we all found it quite straight forward.
as for the drawings, they were a bit harder but our AS1100 booklet really helped us with the sectioned drawing.
we all reckon we got around 80+..
i dont want to sound arrogant or anything.. but engineering isnt that hard.. maybe its because i do physics and maths (general), they really helped me :p.

machine2035

HSC
N/A
is this for real?
my whole year group/class thought the exam was easy. Aeronautics was the easiest topic in the year and we all found it quite straight forward.
as for the drawings, they were a bit harder but our AS1100 booklet really helped us with the sectioned drawing.
i dont want to sound arrogant or anything.. but engineering isnt that hard.. maybe its because i do physics and maths (general), they really helped me :p.
lol

lemon1

HSC
is this for real?
some nice resources you have there, my group was never taught how to do orthogonal drawing as well as a really limited resource on them.

I was fine with the theory, i just never had the time to learn the mechanics properly, i don't see where physics and general maths could help as i do both, i even did 3unit untill the year 12 trials where i dropped to get some time to study for my other subjects.

gr_111

HSC
so happy i got this exam
all my pre-prepared essays fitted he questions perfectly. sooo good
i agree grizzlybear, was an easy test. hoping for around 85+
what do you guys think a band 6 cut off will be? 90-95?
looks like a band 5 or lower for me then even though i didnt find it that hard
engineering is easy as long as you do easy subjects. geo and maths helped me heaps
so happy over though, only did about 3 hours study for it though
wot? You troll.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)