General Thoughts: Economics (1 Viewer)

teridax

HSC
N/A
Getting papers back.

HSC exam.

http://www.vgmemes.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/hahahaha-no.jpg

-------

It really is using people's amazing memories. I cannot even remember question 1 in the multiple choice after I left the exam hall.
Correction: it's about how well one commits things to memory, not necessarily how good your memory is itself. Like, sure having eidetic memory helps, but there certainly have been people who earned 99+ and they didn't have a great memory, so they just worked really hard at it.

Potato2015

HSC
Correction: it's about how well one commits things to memory, not necessarily how good your memory is itself. Like, sure having eidetic memory helps, but there certainly have been people who earned 99+ and they didn't have a great memory, so they just worked really hard at it.
Definitely, I am just saying I most certainly cannot remember the questions. Not under that environment anyway. If I remember the question, it means I got shafted by it and I cannot be at peace until I find out.

It is also merely a compliment to all those who are helping us find the questions before someone uploads a scanned copy of the paper :D. Nothing more, and most certainly nothing less.

Last edited:

xetamine

HSC
MC = easy
Short answers = 50% easy, 25% medium level, 25% hard
Essay = Easy

Had 2 hrs 15 mins to do essays.

6.5 pages
7 pages

Think response was fairly cohesive.

Potato2015

HSC
Well, the multiple choice and short answers were relatively easy. (unless I stuffed up and completely went off topic)

I have a nasty feeling I slipped up massively on the essays though. Wrote around 5-6 pages, but no confidence in it not being total BS.

malcolm21

HSC
N/A
Does anyone know how many pages the extended writing paper was without extra paper? I finished the first booklet but never bothered to count how much i wrote

andrew2015

HSC
I found the multi choice very skills heavy, nevertheless not very difficult.

Short answer appeared to test parts of the syllabus generally left unstudied.

I found essays were difficult, nevertheless hoping for the best. :karate:

Axio

=o
HSC
Do you guys think the band 6 cut off will be lower than last year (85%)?

xetamine

HSC
8 or 9 pages.

You can get 20/20 with a comprehensive, eloquent 8 page response.

RecklessRick

HSC
N/A
SA this year I think was a touch harder and essays were a touch easier. I doubt it will change much though.

atargainz

HSC
probably lower by 2 or so marks, around 83ish. BOS members are usually high achievers and everyone admits that this year was rather difficult compared to past years

Axio

=o
HSC
SA this year I think was a touch harder and essays were a touch easier. I doubt it will change much though.

I thought essays were way harder... I found SA unconventional but not too bad really.

xetamine

HSC
No, overall difficulty is comparable. Expecting the same or at least within margin of error of +-3%.

boeing

HSC
N/A
Hey guys you know for question 12 of mc I put D as the answer i put negative externalities would be created because it a firm was developing the method because they intentionally want to improve society rather than unintentionally so it's really not an externality then is it?

xetamine

HSC
Hey guys you know for question 12 of mc I put D as the answer i put negative externalities would be created because it a firm was developing the method because they intentionally want to improve society rather than unintentionally so it's really not an externality then is it?
No.

"In economics, an externality is the cost or benefit that affects a party who did not choose to incur that cost or benefit."

Intention is irrelevant. Recycling and anything else pollution-related affects everyone, not just the parties to a transaction. If something is good it cannot be a negative externality.

Answer is A

RIP your mark, ty for scaling up.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)