General Thoughts: Economics (1 Viewer)

Ekman

HSC
I strongly disagree. A 'generic' question would beg for mindless regurgitation. The compromise there is an effective discriminator.

That can't be right. An increase in the banks' funds will mean there is an oversupply, decreasing the interest rate.
Have a read of pg 289 in the Dixon textbook. By printing money, there is an increase in money supply circulating in the entire economy, not the short term money market. This will lead to inflation which will require higher levels of interest rates.

Freyo

HSC
What did everyone get for the SA question on the rate of economic growth that gave you this table and the CPI for year 1 and year 2?

Mikes

HSC
N/A
How is building a school unconditional. You aren't giving aid for the sake of giving aid. You are giving aid to build a school only. The aid is conditional as the aid given cannot be used for anything else. The 'condition' behind it is to build a school
To my understanding "conditional" means it is tied aid, which means that the recipient must pay back the provider in some way or another. If this was the case, then it would be recorded on the capital account since then it would be reversible. Building a school does not entail a 'paying back the provider' in itself and thus is non-reversible, being recorded on the net secondary income account.

Ekman

HSC
To my understanding "conditional" means it is tied aid, which means that the recipient must pay back the provider in some way or another. If this was the case, then it would be recorded on the capital account since then it would be reversible. Building a school does not entail a 'paying back the provider' in itself and thus is non-reversible, being recorded on the net secondary income account.
That is incorrect. Refer to page 112 in the Dixon textbook, it explains the what conditional aid is. Aid should not be paid back anyway, because its aid. If they wanted to repayments back from the aid then it would be classified as a loan given out.

dathat

HSC
N/A
That is incorrect. Refer to page 112 in the Dixon textbook, it explains the what conditional aid is. Aid should not be paid back anyway, because its aid. If they wanted to repayments back from the aid then it would be classified as a loan given out.
this means i got this wrong all year lol fk

malcolm21

HSC
N/A
Have a read of pg 289 in the Dixon textbook. By printing money, there is an increase in money supply circulating in the entire economy, not the short term money market. This will lead to inflation which will require higher levels of interest rates.
actually it doesn't 'require' high interest rates, what if the inflation led to the economy going from -2% inflation to 1% inflation. What it does indicate is that supply of cash in exchange settlement accounts increasing will inately decrease the interest rates. i guessed it from looking at the cash rate monetary policy thing

Mikes

HSC
N/A
When I say repay in some way or another, I meant that the receiving country must pay back either through increased trade with the providing country or by allowing greater financial flows into that country, not by repaying the aid itself.

I can see your point though. I guess it is entirely up to how BOSTES defines conditional aid. The way I see it is this https://www.google.com.au/webhp?sou...n=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=define: conditional aid which would mean that building a school is unconditional. We'll see once the answers are out.

dathat

HSC
N/A
for those who chose q26 sources of eco growth, what did you talk about? i literally ran out of ideas after writing 3 pages about mining boom lol

Evertone

HSC
I took a look. I can see now - I misunderstood your method for quantitative easing.

aanthnnyyy

HSC
for those who chose q26 sources of eco growth, what did you talk about? i literally ran out of ideas after writing 3 pages about mining boom lol
I talked about that too but since the stimulus was restricted to 2010+ i focused on more recent stuff I.e: shift to services, end of mining, problems of manufacturing and current slowdown growth reasons etc

Ekman

HSC
When I say repay in some way or another, I meant that the receiving country must pay back either through increased trade with the providing country or by allowing greater financial flows into that country, not by repaying the aid itself.

I can see your point though. I guess it is entirely up to how BOSTES defines conditional aid. The way I see it is this https://www.google.com.au/webhp?sou...n=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=define: conditional aid which would mean that building a school is unconditional. We'll see once the answers are out.
Ahhhh I now see your point. Hmmm now im not sure what is correct lol. I guess we will see once the paper and solutions are uploaded.

teridax

HSC
N/A
shift to service sector?
+1

also talked briefly about the fact that historically, we have a narrow export base and as such, we need to embrace diversification

also mentioned commodity prices regressing and hence the ToT went down due to below-trend growth

atargainz

HSC
god I hope the band 6 cut off drops quite a bit. Everyone ignore my sig the dream is over

milkytea99

HSC
I talked about that too but since the stimulus was restricted to 2010+ i focused on more recent stuff I.e: shift to services, end of mining, problems of manufacturing and current slowdown growth reasons etc
Wrote similar to what you've said haha

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)