General Thoughts: Economics (1 Viewer)

mreditor16

HSC
Can someone upload the paper, if possible (I know it is hard, because they've done personalised booklets in which you write :/)?

Also, I am more than willing to answer anyone's queries about any Qs in the exam and your responses to it.

Once I get a copy of the paper, I'll try to have a go at MC :)

EDIT - If you want to ask me anything, direct it to this thread --> http://community.boredofstudies.org/1121/economics/329783/ask-mreditor16.html

I don't want to clog up this thread :)

Last edited:

Kurosaki

True Fail Kid
HSC
Can someone upload the paper, if possible (I know it is hard, because they've done personalised booklets in which you write :/)?

Also, I am more than willing to answer anyone's queries about any Qs in the exam and your responses to it.

Once I get a copy of the paper, I'll try to have a go at MC :)
#EcoGod16
Slaying economics since 2012.

MadLife

HSC
Exam was marginally harder than last year. The multiple choice required a few calculations, short answers was ok, had a 6marker on the limitations of fiscal and monetary in an economic slowdown.
Q25 was on labour market policies and fiscal policies addressing income and wealth inequality.
Q26 was on inflation
Q27 was on using an economy other than Australia and the economic strategies they use for economic growth and development
Q28 was on role of government in achievig environmental sustainabily.

Comparing qIV to last years, students were tested on topics that they may not have prepared for very well.

If the general consensus if that this years paper is harder, what would the b6 cutoff be?

dim-sims

HSC
I was pretty happy with the extended response questions. I spent a bit of time deciding whether to do Q25 or 26 and ended up doing 26 and did Q27.

Short answer was okay and I kind of screwed up the last three questions on MC :/

Machiavelli1

HSC
Overall feeling confident, essay questions were exactly as I had predicted, some dodgy multis, SA pretty straight forward, no curve ball questions really.

Colemans

HSC
N/A
Was not bad overall. Maybe a bit harder than last year? The stimulus for the first fiscal/labour essay was pretty challenging.

HSC
I think I did alright but I can't beat EcoGod16 or his disciple HPF =(. (only 99/100 :( ).
What do you think you'll get?

Exam was marginally harder than last year. The multiple choice required a few calculations, short answers was ok, had a 6marker on the limitations of fiscal and monetary in an economic slowdown.
Q25 was on labour market policies and fiscal policies addressing income and wealth inequality.
Q26 was on inflation
Q27 was on using an economy other than Australia and the economic strategies they use for economic growth and development

Comparing qIV to last years, students were tested on topics that they may not have prepared for very well.

If the general consensus if that this years paper is harder, what would the b6 cutoff be?
Raw marks don't fluctuate significantly. Even if paper is harder or easier they will only be either increased or decreased by 1 or 2 marks.

iStudent

HSC
Was gooooood. That case study q though. (even though RoT predicted it was unlikely to appear xD)

mreditor16

HSC
Q26 was on inflation

I'm anticipating way more people would have gone for Q26 compared to Q25.

As for Q27 vs Q28, that combo could have annoyed a lot of people, because many would have put little effort into their case study country (I only put in enough effort to do well on a short answer Q about it). And for the environment question, it is quite hard to talk about imo, especially since politics has been screwing it over in terms of talking about in HSC economics essay, and people could talk about carbon tax and move to ETS (which has been repealed :/) or could talk about Direct Action Coalition policy. And with all the chaos surrounding it, some may have fallen into the trap of becoming a bit too political. I think a range of things would have to be talked about in that Q28, like environmental targets, regulations, agreements etc. etc.

Furthermore, trying to structure a response to Q27 could get difficult...

imo Q27/28 looks harder than 25/26, but also depends on the stimuli...

Cleavage

Clarence
HSC
Uni Grad
Ezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzi paper

I imagine some students finding difficulty with Q27/28, but for the rest of the paper, it wasn't too difficult.

yma

HSC
MCQ so much easier than 2010 and 2011! But I screwed the first part of the first short answer. My teacher never taught me anything about export incentives and I totally forgot about local content rules... it was only 2 marks, anyway. the rest was okay.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)