General Thoughts: Chemistry (1 Viewer)

IR

HSC
Sorry you're wrong.

Solvent is fine to talk about. How tf are you going to link "beverage" to underlying chemical principles?

You can also talk about its use as a fuel (even for cars) and as a raw material for the petrochemical industry.
Yeh emilios I said solvent is fine. I said dehydration is not bahahaha. Please read again (if you want to).

photastic

HSC
Same. Except the ones where you dont have much to write underneath cos supervisor got pissed and wrote like 2 pages for soap. hopefully they dont say coherence or something.
Literally wrote 1 word for my 3rd booklet to conclude that btch question

90atarpls

HSC
Yeh emilios I said solvent is fine. I said dehydration is not bahahaha. Please read again (if you want to).
i just said dehydration and u said thats what u said.. mate ur fucked

why wouldnt ethen from ethanol not be a use?

shved

HSC
What did everyone write for the validity question?

emilios

HSC
Yeah I know I was agreeing with the solvent part. I disagree with the idea that discussing dehydration is wrong. It asks for a use of ethanol. A use of ethanol is to act as a source of ethylene? Lol I dont get why you're complicating it.

IR

HSC
i just said dehydration and u said thats what u said.. mate ur fucked

why wouldnt ethen from ethanol not be a use?
Its not a direct use. You dont use ethene as a material in itself. You have to make some polymers with ethene but ethene is not a thing to be used by itself.

IR

HSC
What did everyone write for the validity question?
I wrote that so2 is being shown adequately and wrote equations for formation of acid rain and then showed by linking to the model that the formation of acid rain is not shown although the ph reduction is shown and the realistic concentration is not seen in the closed system of so2. I wrote a few more but cant remember. and then assesssment.

90atarpls

HSC
Its not a direct use. You dont use ethene as a material in itself. You have to make some polymers with ethene but ethene is not a thing to be used by itself.
ah ok, see what ur saying now, ur first explanation was a bit fucked tho

fair enough

photastic

HSC
I wrote that so2 is being shown adequately and wrote equations for formation of acid rain and then showed by linking to the model that the formation of acid rain is not shown although the ph reduction is shown and the realistic concentration is not seen in the closed system of so2. I wrote a few more but cant remember. and then assesssment.
Umm... The validity question was the graph

shved

HSC
Nah I meant for the heat of combustion one lel

IR

HSC
Umm... The validity question was the graph
Oh ok. It showed a linear trend and it was almost parallel to other line hence indicating that the variables were controlled and the heat loss was only adding to inaccuracy of the thing. Hence valid. Although you can argue that the thermometer was not placed in water but rather the beaker but i'd say thats accuracy. and also no heat mats to increase height,but I'd say that doesnt affect validity as much since it was controlled throughout experiment and also that no heat shield was used . However the linear relationship and the parallel shows that valid.

IR

HSC
the answer should be in 3 sig figs. 80.0%
They wont care. Mark for the hcl equation, hcl use of moles, conversion of moles in the co2 equation and then finding correct percentage. but if you over did it they would.

bhatman

HSC
Oh ok. It showed a linear trend and it was almost parallel to other line hence indicating that the variables were controlled and the heat loss was only adding to inaccuracy of the thing. Hence valid. Although you can argue that the thermometer was not placed in water but rather the beaker but i'd say thats accuracy. and also no heat mats to increase height,but I'd say that doesnt affect validity as much since it was controlled throughout experiment and also that no heat shield was used . However the linear relationship and the parallel shows that valid.
You should say the validity of the experiment is moderate:
Seeing as though the aim was to determine a quantitative relationship between the alkanol used and the heat of combustion, the student effectively achieved this. However, the accuracy of the data is highly compromised to the release of heat from the spirit burner to the surroundings, inability of the beaker and gauze mat to transfer all of the heat to the water (affecting temperature change as it would take longer), as well the the thermometer being placed on the glass and not in the centre of the liquid. But the first sentence is pivotal because it keeps to the aim of the experiment.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)