General Thoughts - Biology (4 Viewers)

Cob-was-here

HSC
Anyone else cram the day before by reading summaries + 450 pages of textbook cover to cover?

geebee123

HSC
Am beginning to worry,will a really good in school rank save me? hated water question and really really hated 6 marker in communication option (on insect in mean wtf)

obimoshman1234

the one and only
HSC
nope school rank wont save u lol

my god insects was easy i mean come on think about it what does the tympanic membrane of an insect do. I will tell u it detects sound does that make it easier for u now?????

cheppers

HSC
anyone else do biotechnology? i struggled a little with the sour dough 6marker, pretty sure i wont go too well in it, apart from that the rest of biotech was relatively simple as was the rest of the paper

dolbinau

HSC
Yes, school rank can save you. If someone gets 100 in an exam it will be half your mark.

gloworm14

HSC
N/A
my writing style was really different throughout the paper... it was funny
some were bigger than others, some were messier for each question.
it was weird...lol

sara21

HSC
are you serious??? is that really true?
so if someone in my class gets 100% well close to it will i get 50% of their mark??

Last edited:

geebee123

HSC
but the problem is that the tympanic membrane does not just assit in detecting sound it assist in making sound e.g. crickets use the membrane to amplify the sounds they are projecting

HSC
ahh that was an ok exam.. yeh wats with THE ISECTTTTTTT question!!! and what are RECEPTORS?! help anyone..

ahh my hand kill i did legal n bio cant beleive the day is over ..hugeee headache!

gloworm14

HSC
N/A
marinabenyamin said:
what are RECEPTORS?! help anyone..
LOL

i did photoreceptors in they retina of the eye to detect light and movement and mechanoreceptors in the organ of corti to detect sound

dolbinau

HSC
sara21 said:
are you serious??? is that really true?
so if someone in my class gets 100% well close to it will i get 50% of their mark??
If you are ranked first, yes.

Lordie

HSC
gloworm14 said:
LOL

i did photoreceptors in they retina of the eye to detect light and movement and mechanoreceptors in the organ of corti to detect sound
Hmm, I just said the eye and the ear. My god I'm an idiot. I wonder what they'll give me for that, heh - because they are, in a way, receptors. Eek

geebee123

HSC
dolbinau said:
If you are ranked first, yes.
so you're saying if you're ranked first and you stuff up a little in HSC you'll still be ok

dolbinau

HSC
geebee123 said:
so you're saying if you're ranked first and you stuff up a little in HSC you'll still be ok
Only if the other people in your class do well. Whatever your HSC exam mark is, will be 50% of your final mark. The other 50% will be the highest mark in your class.

gloworm14

HSC
N/A
i miss biology already.

hmmm i think its because i dont want to face maths next week:(

danz90

HSC
gloworm14 said:
LOL

shit i didn't name the hair cells as mechanoreceptors. I named these as hearing/auditory receptors, and then named hair cells and where they are found.

photoreceptors i did fine.

would i get the 2 marks u reckon???

meteora33

HSC
i reckon the test was okay...
just a bit worried of how strict the criteria is
for the 8 mark blood question. not sure i was specific enough for the biological processes or what not... was kinda general
also the butterfly one was pretty fucked, i hope they accept cross-breeding "taking a male from one species and a female from another and put them in a jar to control parents"
gg

Lovell

HSC
dolbinau said:
For the 7 mark communication question:

* Cataracts, Corrective Lens/laser eye surgery, Cochlea/Hearing aids plus an explanation of how it was developed based on our understanding of the eye/sound - is that enough?
Also could have added
Intraocular lens
myopia/hyperopia thus specatcles

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)