General Thoughts - Ancient History (1 Viewer)

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
How'd you find the exam as a whole? Share your thoughts here.

souljah888

HSC
Found the exam to be okay, Section VI lost most marks here.
And had about 3/4 the class walk out, started off with about 40, in the last 20 minutes there was only 11 remaining..... phaggots.

WaterIsLiquid

HSC
Section II was abit challenging on short answers, but the short reply and extended response were fairly manageable.
Section III I found was fairly consistent, average overall.
Section IV was average.
Core study on P+H was okay, except the short answer, i totally forgot about household religion. LOOL

Chrissiee

Frost Yourselves
HSC
I thought all the sections were really good, except for the personality but not because it was hard but because i didn't really study it... dammit. Anyway overall good i thought.

dela_

HSC
N/A
Found the exam to be okay, Section VI lost most marks here.
And had about 3/4 the class walk out, started off with about 40, in the last 20 minutes there was only 11 remaining..... phaggots.
Why'd they walk out

krnofdrg

Mq Law Student :)
HSC
Uni Grad
Was very good. I wrote 70 pages (4-6 words a line). I lacked a bit of historians and sources for section IV. I reckon i'll get 85/100 ~ 95/100

M

MichelleV

Test was amazing for me.
Perfect, simple questions.
I think I've done really well :D

SpreadTheWord

HSC
I went alright. Hopefully 80%. The Sparta last question looked hard, but when you break it down it was sweet.

Im sure the exams band 6 level will come down, because it was certainly sterner than previous years.

JustJackie

HSC
Uni Grad
Was very good. I wrote 70 pages (4-6 words a line). I lacked a bit of historians and sources for section IV. I reckon i'll get 85/100 ~ 95/100
How on earth did you write that much?...

Was it imperial cult or household shrine?? i put imperial cult.
I recall Vespasian was the Emperor at one stage, so I believe it was imperial cult.

krnofdrg

Mq Law Student :)
HSC
Uni Grad
How on earth did you write that much?...

I recall Vespasian was the Emperor at one stage, so I believe it was imperial cult.
YAY 100% FOR M/C THEN WOOT ~~~~~~~~~~~~ I write largely but yeah i had wrote alot of trash at the same time.

anitaxx

HSC
i said it was imperial cult and im pretty that was right :)

anitaxx

HSC
the exam overall was good except the religion question in Pompeii and Herculaneum and part of the Julius Caesar i had no idea what his military commands were before 60 BC

JustJackie

HSC
Uni Grad
Pretty good test. I do three sections of Persia, and I found that they asked primarily military and administration, with some pragmatic aspects and interpretation of both. Pompeii and Herculaneum is often my worse section, but it didn't seem particularly tricky at all.

I am definitely relieved they didn't ask anything tricky such as women or 'trade, tribute and taxation'. Had 25 markers of those back at school, and they were hard. Relatively surprised they hadn't asked for Xerxes' reign and Darius' reign asking specifically to use Modern sources.

Last edited:

lockedbox

HSC
I so aced this, the only suprise to be found was part b of personalities because I had prepped for the evaluate dot points, but i think I'll scape up ten marks or so from it. All of the other questions seemed to magically align with the stuff I spent the most time studing. I'll get 80+ raw at the very least. I am so effing happy right now.

lpodnano

5eva alone
HSC
I thought it was good :) Judging from everyone's responses the band 6 cut off will be high

musing

HSC
I thought it was good :) Judging from everyone's responses the band 6 cut off will be high
Haha that's because we're on bored of studies. The state average is probably lower :p

maryjill

HSC
70 pages?! what?! I am so confused... that is not human! haha
The exam was perfect- our trials and practice exams were very similar, and it looked like something my teacher would write
so happy, considering how bad I thought I was going to go!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)