General Thoughts - Ancient History (1 Viewer)

darrynXtreem

HSC
itscatnip said:
and why we had people who topped two subjects in the state last year.
Um correction. You did not have 'people' - you had a person, and a pure-blood at that. However, Ash only topped Abo Studies and Visual Arts. Hardly real subjects of academic rigour and prestigious merit.

DazzaX

subhuman-89

HSC
tox said:
Haha i agree, I shall stop provoking his poor tainted soul. I did mange to slip the word ancient into the last post though! =)
I noticed that. ;)
"poor tainted soul" I love it. =) Can we add "unfortunate" in there also.

At first I was offended by its comments, but now they are funny. =) Perhaps just a little more provoking? Nah. Let's not rise to his standard. Much rather remain down here with the filth. =)

Who knows. Maybe he'll have a reality check soon - Daddy will cut the umbilical cord that still attaches precious boy and his mummy, and maybe he'll stop suckling from her breast and catch up with the rest of society his age.

Anyway, better get to sleep. Have a big day of study tomorrow. I NEED my UAI cause I plan on getting into uni the legitimate way... so that I DESERVE my tertiary education. =)

itscatnip

HSC
yeah but we had a certain someone else who wasnt at our school in the end but topped mathematics. where would he be without the stuff he learned at killara huh? and dont knock subjects unless you take them. id like to see the subjects topped by people at your school this year?
and please stop stalking my profile and my school its creepy.

annnnyway yeah ancient... was pretty good i thought, some really decent questions but a bit worried about the fall of rome cause it was so broad.

cucum3rs

Queen Of The World
HSC
Quote:
Originally Posted by darrynXtreem
Don't hate me because you ain't me.

What many of you don't understand is that despite the fact my UAI will be higher than all of yours', the UAI doesn't really matter anyway. It's just a system for dumb, impoverished public school filth to try and work their way up in life. Even if I were to get a sub-standard UAI, it wouldn't matter because I can afford to pay full-fees if I wanted to go university, bu more to the point, I don't even need to go to university because I have all the affluence and connections anyone would ever need.

If you want to tell people they've failed at life, please, and I say this with a degree of sympathy, please look at yourself first. When your pov-arse dad gets his centrelink payment every fornight, he takes you guys out to McDonalds. Real schmick... You know the only reason he takes you there, is so he can take the toys from the Happy Meal to give to you for Christmas.

I'd rather have my life anyday, thanks very much.

obviously someone hasnt been watching summer heights high.

you arrogant son of bitch. have you ever considered that maybe not everyone that goes to public schools is "povo" and lives off centrelink. i seriously dont know what the fuck is wrong with your school, but im friends with heaps of private school kids and none of them are as narrow minded as you.

i hope due to your sheltered life and lack of common decency you grow up and have to live off centrelink, send your kids to public school and have to buy them maccers every fortnight, just so you can save the toys for their christmas presents.

hmmm. suprising really. money really DOESNT buy brains.

oh and ps. chances are your parents or the parents of your friends are products of the public school system. are they impoverished filth as well?

ps. ancient history was great. AHHAHAHAHA

hamsta

HSC
yeh hi-5 cucum3rs. darryn it seems like no1 likes u here so maybe u shood go find some frnds to talk to.......lol

Carmine

HSC
darrynXtreem said:
Um correction. You did not have 'people' - you had a person, and a pure-blood at that. However, Ash only topped Abo Studies and Visual Arts. Hardly real subjects of academic rigour and prestigious merit.

DazzaX
Funnily enough, I don't notice you topping anything so you can hardly say anything about "academic rigour and prestigious merit", can you? (I'm also guessing you don't have many friends.) Also- pureblood? I'd pay to see you pay your way into uni and then getting your ass kicked. You're about twenty eight levels of laughably pathetic.

On the matter of pre-emptive strikes- I'm not a 'pureblood', I don't go to a private school, rah rah rah. I'm saving you the trouble of making these points, because I have the feeling that you will. They're weak arguments, btw.

Ancient History was much better than I'd anticpated- the Hyksos question made me smile. I think the water question (P/H) is the only one I'm really worried about.

Last edited:

tox

HSC
subhuman-89 said:
I noticed that. ;)
"poor tainted soul" I love it. =) Can we add "unfortunate" in there also.

At first I was offended by its comments, but now they are funny. =) Perhaps just a little more provoking? Nah. Let's not rise to his standard. Much rather remain down here with the filth. =)

Who knows. Maybe he'll have a reality check soon - Daddy will cut the umbilical cord that still attaches precious boy and his mummy, and maybe he'll stop suckling from her breast and catch up with the rest of society his age.

Anyway, better get to sleep. Have a big day of study tomorrow. I NEED my UAI cause I plan on getting into uni the legitimate way... so that I DESERVE my tertiary education. =)
Mmm, yes, he would have belonged rather well in Sparta, no? The whole elitist attitude and all.

ANYWAY I definately need to begin studying for my exam tomorrow.. gah.

Last edited:

klaratiara

HSC
guys dw. i go to private school too an people like him usually end up depressed and suicidal. his pathetic attempt to raise his own ego is just a cry for help from some sad kid who has no friends so reads harry potter all day.

pure bloods. pfffffffft you toss you get a blazer and a boater for all you pay for. you really must be a great person and i can tell you will suceed in life.

pablito

HSC
has it ever occured to you fools that his taking the piss???????
fuk some people are gullible and blind.

x0nel0vex

HSC
darrynXtreem said:
While I admit there are some rare exceptions, Killara, my friend, is not one of them. If you guys were as great as you thought you were, you might get on with being great and stop writing to the North Shore Times about it. We pay top dollar for a good reason, and that's to be away from this public school filth. We get the best and are the best because we can afford it.

When you get even a fraction of the money that would be required to fill up your fat arse, then you get back to us. Until then, go vote for Rudd.
you pay for the best but ur taught absolute mindrot to form opinions such as that. go ask ur daddy how great you are.

klaratiara

HSC
yea it did occur to me that hes joking but come one get a hobby or something mate coz your putting in too much effort

bkbazza

HSC
darryn your one sick kid. If you don't need your UAI cause of mmmy and daddy why you even doing year 12? I go to a private school ands i have lots of pblic school friends and i honestly cant comprehend your view, i personally arn't going to uni, im going to the army so im going to be one of those guys working to defend your right to be an arrogant arsehole. its people like you that ruin the reputation of private schoolers

philipadams123

HSC
ne way back on topic, i thot it was alrite, but the questions were designed so they were hard to get good marks in, so im not expecting any super high marks. u had to constantly refer to the question like 'importance' of religion for persian society.

how many pages u guys write : i got all lines filled in pomp, 5 pages for section 2 (as 2 markers were 2 words), 6.5 for personality and 7.5 for that gay 25 marker

klaratiara

HSC
yea pomp i was struggling to get everyhting to fit into those tiny lines.
minoans i did 6 pages, hatshepsut 7 and the essay 7.5.
im really worried though because if everyone went well then that could scale us down...
maybe they were trick questions and we all actually did shit..

MyLoveIsPure

HSC
klaratiara said:
yea pomp i was struggling to get everyhting to fit into those tiny lines.
minoans i did 6 pages, hatshepsut 7 and the essay 7.5.
im really worried though because if everyone went well then that could scale us down...
maybe they were trick questions and we all actually did shit..
thats the way it is baby

tithe

HSC
cucum3rs said:
sugary sugary sweet dipped in sugary sugary sugar served with a side of sugar :)

SECTION I: POMPEII & HERCULANEUM
SECTION II: SPARTA
SECTION III: AKHENATEN
SECTION IV: NEW KINGDOM EGYPT FROM AMENHOTEP III - RAMESSES II

seriously. how repetitive questions are for societies & personalities... well for akhenaten and sparta anyway. not that im complaining!
Hey...I did exactly the same thing...which question did you do for the last section? I did Queens which was pretty stupid since i only did 4 pages...Spent too much time on Akhenaten in Section 3 I reckon..

cucum3rs

Queen Of The World
HSC
tithe said:
Hey...I did exactly the same thing...which question did you do for the last section? I did Queens which was pretty stupid since i only did 4 pages...Spent too much time on Akhenaten in Section 3 I reckon..
for the last section, i did queens as well. i wrote about 8 pages on recollection (i cant really remmeber though), however my arm was about ready to give way so i probably had about 4 words per line. AHAHAHAHA.

i spent about 30-35 minutes on Pompeii & Herculaneum, 40 on Sparta, 50 minutes on Akhenaten and had about an hour on the last section, which i really needed cause i was about braindead at that point. did you talk about all the queens or just the main ones, i.e. tiye, nefertiti, ankhsenamun & nefertari?

evo31

HSC
i dnt think i did too well.. i filled all the lines for the core, 4 pages for minoans, 4 for Hatshepsut and only 2.5 for NKE

y3cart

HSC
hahaha how funny
it was O.K

Pompeii herc
Ath society
err...i cant remember my others
Greek world?
and umm..Pericles

I'v never written so much in my life

why are there so many confident people on this website?
I'd laugh if they failed

some dude thought he was going to get first in state for IPT
I wanted to shove a compass down his throat.

cucum3rs

Queen Of The World
HSC
y3cart said:
why are there so many confident people on this website?
I'd laugh if they failed

some dude thought he was going to get first in state for IPT
I wanted to shove a compass down his throat.
big fat L O L :rofl:

not an ipt student though, so dont quite understand the irony of a compass.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)