General or 2-unit maths? (1 Viewer)

ICBF

HSC
I am faced with a dilemma heading into the trials, whether to attempt to push up a decent 2-unit mark or drop to general and sweep the trials.
I'm in a school that ranked 230~ last year and I recently dropped down from 3-unit maths after performing disappointingly in the half yearlies.
In 2-unit I am ranked ~20/45 sitting at least 20-30% off the pace with 65% of the course to go. I'm confident I can get around top 15 by the end of the course.
But in General I can practically guarantee 1st in class and 90+ exam mark (I've been practicing past papers), but my 2-unit teacher has warned me against dropping.

With all that considered:
Is there any serious downside of dropping to general? (other than not being able to do accounting at uni)
Which would you recommend?
Cheers

Squar3root

realest nigga
HSC
Uni Grad
it would be good to do 2 unit maths but then again if you are "failing" it then you should definately drop. in fact it is better to be at the top of a subject rather than just average in another subject. if you dont need maths but want to do it then move to general, but some university courses even other than accounting have preference for higher level mathematics. in the end it really matters about your rank and HSC external examination mark, if you can do good in both, then you should be fine, reguardless of scaling

ICBF

HSC
Thanks dude, I'm not exactly failing 2u (on a 65 after a test and HY) but with the 3 unit class considered I'm a decent bit behind the pace. What sort of courses would be preferentially given to 2u + students?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)