Gendered Lang: Alternative Ending to Elizabeth? (1 Viewer)

merrymadi

HSC
We've been given the biggest Assessment task I've ever seen...

Section One:
Either...

1) Compose a 1000-word alternative ending to Elizabeth or Twelfth Night

Or

2) Compose an interview with the author of one of your set texts in which you discuss the historical importance of 'gendered language' in reflecting social values and its relevance to their particular core text.

Section Two:
(photo with short poem) Use this item as the stimulus for your own 1000-word gendered language story. You may use any text type.

Due Fri 22/06/07.

How can all that be worth just one assessment task? Surely it's two-in-one?! Anyway, pushing the quantity aside for now, I need some help with Section One (I'm feeling okay with my ideas for Section Two).

I've chosen to do the alternative ending to Elizabeth (the text I feel most confident with), but I'm completely stumped for ideas. I just have no idea where to start - how can I change the film's ending? She reinvented herself to become untouchable and detached - the Virgin Queen - how is it possible to change such a strong conclusion? And I don't understand to what extent the task wants us to alter things...just present the same outcome in a different light, or change the whole resolution entirely?

Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions to throw around? Everyone in the class who has chosen the same one is just as lost for ideas, and our teacher didn't suggest much either.

Anything at all will be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance.

ahen

Sexy Member
HSC
your teacher sounds just as stuffed as mine can sometimes be. dude this task's nothing, we had to do a portfolio last term where we analysed = annotated and wrote mini responses on 2 creative and 2 critical related texts. we then also had to do 5-10 journal entries in which we reflect upon our learning of Glang throughout the course. mine was bloody 17 pages long. and it was only worth 10%, well im happy cos i didn't get a good mark but still. hope you went ok with ur assessment, i figured its too late to offer advice now but am here to support fellow glangers seeing as we're a dying breed :D

merrymadi

HSC
Hehe, thanks anyway. I think I got a good mark in the end, but I can't remember what it was because we only had about a minute to look at them before we had to give them back to the teacher.

But christ, your assessment sounded massive! I can't believe they'd set so much up when it's only worth 10% - it's cruel.

Oh, and coincidentally, I'm also trying to get into Pyschology at USYD ;) Not Bachelor of Arts though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)