• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

GD - is storyline that important? (1 Viewer)

Taz-j

Do you believe that if your group has a streight forward and very basic story line to it, but is full of emotion and energy that this is better then a peice with an intreging story line but has a lack of energy to it?
Do you think that the story line really matters if its a very energetic and well rehersed peice that people really enjoy?

Katjif

pondering dystopic life
HSC
I think it has to have some sort of common thread.. not neccessarily linear, but some theme that connects to the whole thing.
I personally think that a play can be dis-jointed and enjoyable and great... but I don't know if that's what the HSC markers are looking for.
Does that help in any way?

cayte

My group didn't have a story line with indentifiable characters throughout, ours was more a musing on a general topic (I think we did it on advanced systems, or popular delusions and the madness of crowds or something - it was in 2001) with a lot of somewhat disjointed scenes each with distinct characters, linked by the theme. It was very polished, people enjoyed it (even if they didn't really understand it fully) and I got 98 for Drama, so we couldn't have done too badly!

Wilmo

Child of the Most High
HSC
Originality is a good mark getter. If your story line is basic, make sure it is basically original.

Will_Sparky

Left BOS 8/7/2005...
HSC
Energy is PRIMAL to a performance. There's a saying about writing, what is written without energy, is read without enjoyment. same for drama, if you dont have that energy behind the plot, the audience isnt going to enjoy the performance no matter how complex and interesting your story!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)