Gay people should not be allowed to access IVF (1 Viewer)

baybeejulia

HSC
The issue is that they shouldn't have to have been "given" rights in the first place, and as it stands they still don't have enough rights, so shut the fuck up :rudolf:.
If they want to be together, doesnt matter, noone else is affected. But bringing a child into the relationship means that someone else may be affected by their unusual relationship. I think a child needs a mother and a father, personally i grew up without a father, and although my mum tried her hardest to raise me, and i think i've turned out great, i still am saddened by the thought of living without a dad, it sucks, and it has taken its toll on me...

Napstar

Banned
HSC
If they want to be together, doesnt matter, noone else is affected. But bringing a child into the relationship means that someone else may be affected by their unusual relationship. I think a child needs a mother and a father, personally i grew up without a father, and although my mum tried her hardest to raise me, and i think i've turned out great, i still am saddened by the thought of living without a dad, it sucks, and it has taken its toll on me...
There is no credible literature anywhere to suggest that those raised by same sex couples will be adversely affected in any way. It's not same sex couples that need to change their attitudes, it's hetoersexuals that are spasticated enough to ridicule or bully a child with same sex parents.

gorgeoussmile

HSC
There is no credible literature anywhere to suggest that those raised by same sex couples will be adversely affected in any way. It's not same sex couples that need to change their attitudes, it's hetoersexuals that are spasticated enough to ridicule or bully a child with same sex parents.
Maybe. But any child needs love from a role model male and female.

Tangent

HSC
Have you ever wondered what it would be like with two mums?
Maybe. But any child needs love from a role model male and female.
Why?

HSC
Your argument suggests that a same-sex family is inherently unstable, which is a supressed premise. Where is the evidence for this statement?

Your ideas belong in Conservatopia.

kokodamonkey

HSC
Your argument suggests that a same-sex family is inherently unstable, which is a supressed premise. Where is the evidence for this statement?

Your ideas belong in Conservatopia.
It is inherently unstable. it is not balanced. Men and women were made different for a reason. If they were the same then 2 of 1would be okay... but they aren't therefore a man is no substitute for a woman and a woman is no substitute for a man.

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
It is inherently unstable. it is not balanced. Men and women were made different for a reason. If they were the same then 2 of 1would be okay... but they aren't therefore a man is no substitute for a woman and a woman is no substitute for a man.
What has "balance" got to do with it?

John McCain

Horse liberty
HSC
N/A
Higher % of long-term same sex relationships end in separation iirc.

Random_dude

HSC
Higher % of long-term same sex relationships end in separation iirc.
and? you do realise how subjectified these statistics are. where were they taken, from which countries, how many sample couples, compared to what other percent, and so many more factors that it is ridiculous. McCain, walk very carefully when using statistics, because they are good, except when someone else actually understands how manipulated statistics are.

so, there is also an increasing divorce rate of male-female couples if i am hearing things correctly.

HSC
N/A
HD is right. Democracy is based on the massive fallacy that is an appeal to majority. The fact that the majority of the population believes X does not make X true or ethical.

It's just that we haven't found a better way to deal with the issue of government.
your argument is based on a false premise: that government is designed to make the best decision. it is not: it is there to make a decision that satisfies the masses. to that extent, democracy is fantastic.

brittanica-

HSC
im positive that many many many people have found that women can subistitue for a man and a man for a women.
That is why we have the same sex couples. It works and they are happy.

X

xeuyrawp

Family stability should be judged on a case by case basis.
100% agree also. You can't simply ban things because of any unproven assumptions. They either need to be empirically examined or given a go.

To be honest, some homosexual couples may not be suitable for IVF (as some straight couples may not be), and the only way you're going to know is by judging on an ad hoc basis like you say.

My inner lover of freedom stops short at giving IVF to everyone, really, unless they can show that they're not hopeless, and that goes for straight couples, gay couples, and singles. I was essentially raised by a single parent, so I can say that I turned out 'better' than many straight-couple parents. I would love to have a kid one day (although I'd adopt) but I'd like to think that me and my partner would think it all through. Shit happens in relationships, but you have to deal with them.

If the IVF system becomes more over-regulated people will just turn to other means, I would think. Luckily the cost of on-going IVF is at the moment sort of a would-be parental filter, unlike sex, in the mean time.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)