Gay people should not be allowed to access IVF (1 Viewer)

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
I think the main problem people are seeing with this is that most medical treatments/procedures either fix or enhance where as IVF for gay/lesbians kind of feels like science run amok, breaking natural order.
No, artificically creating retard sperm from male stem cells is science run amok and breaking the natural order.

zstar

HSC
N/A
Gay people have the right to be miserable like the rest of us.

NoOneImportant

HSC
This is total bull. If two people are in love, it shouldn't matter if they want a child or not. One of the main factors to raising a child is to raise it in a loving environment. There's no fine print that says "To parents of opposite sex".
If infertile straight couples can seek this sort of technology, why can't fertile (or infertile) gay couples? Hell, if they can afford to seek this treatment, they are most probably likey to afford raising the child. There is no real sacrifice here, people!
My friends art teacher just went on maternity leave, for ovbious reasons, but here is the catch - She is in a long term, committed relationship with her girl friend. Now, I know these people are right for this child, and I am proud to say that.
If I didn't make my opinion clear, here it is again for those people with a negative IQ; POPULATE THIS WORLD AND ALLOW GAY PARENTS TO HAVE CHILDREN, THEN MAYBE THERE WILL BE MORE TOLERANCE FOR GAYS!

FRASA12

HSC
This is total bull. If two people are in love, it shouldn't matter if they want a child or not. One of the main factors to raising a child is to raise it in a loving environment. There's no fine print that says "To parents of opposite sex".
If infertile straight couples can seek this sort of technology, why can't fertile (or infertile) gay couples? Hell, if they can afford to seek this treatment, they are most probably likey to afford raising the child. There is no real sacrifice here, people!
My friends art teacher just went on maternity leave, for ovbious reasons, but here is the catch - She is in a long term, committed relationship with her girl friend. Now, I know these people are right for this child, and I am proud to say that.
If I didn't make my opinion clear, here it is again for those people with a negative IQ; POPULATE THIS WORLD AND ALLOW GAY PARENTS TO HAVE CHILDREN, THEN MAYBE THERE WILL BE MORE TOLERANCE FOR GAYS!

lol... GO NIKKI!!!

Tully B.

Green = procrastinating
HSC
I think the main problem people are seeing with this is that most medical treatments/procedures either fix or enhance where as IVF for gay/lesbians kind of feels like science run amok, breaking natural order.
Hahahaha, "most people"? You are of course speaking of yourself and Iron.

cactuar

HSC
this whole thread made me vomit a little.

IVF should be limited to only those couples/singles who

a) have a medical problem which prevents them from conceiving
b) are financially stable enough

in the case of gay couples.. i dont really know. i'm fine with gays parenting, and would prefer that they use adoption but i dont really know about IVF.

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
In most cases homosexual couples are more well off then straight people, from what ive seen anyways.

yoddle

is cool
HSC
Eurgh enough of the 'natural order' shit.

I could easily say the fact that the man or woman in the heterosexual relationship was infertile is the 'natural order of things' and the science is 'running amok' in 'fixing' his/her problem. Those phrases are ridiculously broad and can apply to anything.

As SnowFox pointed out, advanced science like this isn't natural in the least.

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
No i said engineered male sperm is science run amok, not IVF treatment.

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
The notion that people (in this case homosexuals) should be denied children because those children might be subject to bullying and harassment seems like a very backwards concept of rights.

Because homosexuals are a minority and are frequently victims of persecution, this is good moral reason for the state to discriminate against them?

Because violent crimes have been commited against you, rather than the state focusing on the perpetrators of crime and saying 'this is unnacceptable', the state should legislate against you, and remove your rights, so that you no longer have the freedom to place yourself in situations of vulnerability? The state cracking down on the vulnerable for their own good?

I eagerly await the anti-uncovered meat act of 2009.

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
the notion that people (in this case homosexuals) should be denied children because those children might be subject to bullying and harassment seems like a very backwards concept of rights.

Because homosexuals are a minority and are frequently victims of persecution, this is good moral reason for the state to discriminate against them?

Because violent crimes have been commited against you, rather than the state focusing on the perpetrators of crime and saying 'this is unnacceptable', the state should legislate against you, and remove your rights, so that you no longer have the freedom to place yourself in situations of vulnerability? The state cracking down on the vulnerable for their own good?

i eagerly await the anti-uncovered meat act of 2009.
eh?

yoddle

is cool
HSC
No i said engineered male sperm is science run amok, not IVF treatment.
soz.

I also agree with Graney.

It is conservative politicians ostensibly using illogical reasoning to try and support their religious/long-held beliefs imo.

Tangent

HSC
It'll be interesting, because there is being some reviews done in the governement about marriage etc. I'm still waiting for most of the word to come back, but they have said no to marriage again, but some agencies have secured more funding....yay Y-Y

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
What I'm trying to say is, if you take a kilo of meat, and you don’t put it in the fridge or in the pot or in the kitchen but you leave it on a plate in the backyard, and then you have a fight with the neighbour because his cats eat the meat, you’re crazy. Isn’t this true?

if you take uncovered meat and put it on the street, on the pavement, in a garden, in a park or in the backyard, without a cover and the cats eat it, is it the fault of the cat or the uncovered meat? The uncovered meat is the problem.

if the meat was covered, the cats wouldn’t roam around it. If the meat is inside the fridge, they won’t get it.

if the meat was in the fridge and it (the cat) smelled it, it can bang its head as much as it wants, but it’s no use.

ay0_x

HSC
Single women on the dole and anyone who does not earn atleast 50K a year should not be allowed to access IVF, procreate, adopt or have foster kids.

Everyone else can be my guest.

Fuck Octomom.

Jemelet

HSC
you all seem to lack imagination or brains.
(excluding the people who kind of got it eg, Kami)
institutionalized pedophilia: as in legal which is obviously not legal in western or well developed countries.

human sacrifices: wars, 'gang wars', organ donations (heart, lungs etc) <-- organ donations are not such a bad thing but still, someone had to die so someone else could live. a human sacrifice: a sacrifice of one or more humans to serve a notion of greater good.

rape: an unwilling or non-consensual act in which some one is hurt or depraved.
look up "define: rape" in Google, the following will come up:

• Eurasian plant cultivated for its seed and as a forage crop
  • force (someone) to have sex against their will; "The woman (man) was raped on her (his) way home at night"
  • the act of despoiling a country in warfare
  • destroy and strip of its possession; "The soldiers raped the beautiful country"
im also saying raping children of their childhood and freedom. not literal rape. child workers, children hooked on drugs, homeless children.

sexual servitude: could be mental or physical. sex is a mental state as well. (obvious)

slavery: literally and i also mean slavery of mind and 'spirit' - depraving someone of their will to enforce conformity or obediencey. forcing people into work on threats of financial issues and legal pursuits. "if you don't you will lose your job" etc.

its a list so its easier to understand or follow.

Last edited:

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
you all seem to lack imagination or brains.
(excluding the people who kind of got it eg, Kami)
institutionalized pedophilia: as in legal which is obviously not legal in western or well developed countries.

human sacrifices: wars, 'gang wars', organ donations (heart, lungs etc) <-- organ donations are not such a bad thing but still, someone had to die so someone else could live. a human sacrifice: a sacrifice of one or more humans to serve a notion of greater good.

rape: an unwilling or non-consensual act in which some one is hurt or depraved.
look up "define: rape" in Google, the following will come up:

• Eurasian plant cultivated for its seed and as a forage crop
  • force (someone) to have sex against their will; "The woman (man) was raped on her (his) way home at night"
  • the act of despoiling a country in warfare
  • destroy and strip of its possession; "The soldiers raped the beautiful country"
im also saying raping children of their childhood and freedom. not literal rape. child workers, children hooked on drugs, homeless children.

sexual servitude: could be mental or physical. sex is a mental state as well. (obvious)

slavery: literally and i also mean slavery of mind and 'spirit' - depraving someone of their will to enforce conformity or obediencey. forcing people into work on threats of financial issues and legal pursuits. "if you don't you will lose your job" etc.

its a list so its easier to understand or follow.
I believe you have the wrong thread, this is the IVF thread, not the rape thread.

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
You like being an idiot and purposely avoiding my points because im right. I'm responding to you comment. so stop responding to mine.
That made no sense what so fucking ever.

You posted a giant list of Rape in a thread that has no direct connection to rape what so fucking ever. So dont criticise my responses if you fuck up and you are no where near right.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)