Gay marriage in NSW/Australia (1 Viewer)

should gays be allowed to get married

• yes

Votes: 92 65.2%
  • no

Votes: 49 34.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mrs.McDreamy

stalker inc. president
HSC
Re: should gays be allowed to marry in NSW

Pubert said:
No one is naturally gay, you are raised that way.
Do you actually know anyone who is gay? I seriously doubt the relevence of your contributions to this thread...

Saying all gay people are freaks is like saying all black people are violent, its a bunch of shit. It's not true, and they should have equal stance within this society in every aspect with heterosexual couples.

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A

Pubert said:
Generally when someone makes a claim like that they give sources. Not just a twinkie defence either.

Pubert

HSC

Mrs.McDreamy said:
Do you actually know anyone who is gay? I seriously doubt the relevence of your contributions to this thread...

Saying all gay people are freaks is like saying all black people are violent, its a bunch of shit. It's not true, and they should have equal stance within this society in every aspect with heterosexual couples.
Yes i do know 2 gay people in my school, and one called my friend hot so we were all going to bash him. Though, we realised he isn't worth getting in trouble.

It's my opinion and i think its right, you prove me wrong that gay people are raised to be gay.

ihavenothing

M.L.V.C.
HSC

Pubert said:
Yes i do know 2 gay people in my school, and one called my friend hot so we were all going to bash him. Though, we realised he isn't worth getting in trouble.

It's my opinion and i think its right, you prove me wrong that gay people are raised to be gay.
:burn:

I hope you fucking go to jail, you homophobic prick. Would you bash someone for being black? It's illegal and discrimination and quite frankly, ridiculous as it could have been a compliment. I have hot straight friends and i tell them this and they do not mind as they know nothing sexual will ever come between us.

Gay people do not go for non-gays.

My parents did not raise me any differently or "gayer" so if you analyse my childhood i doubt you will find anything that caused me to like boys. People have the right to choose their sexuality as people who are not gay have no involvent whatsoever in telling them what is morally right.

MaryJane

Extraordinary Machine
HSC

Of course they should, they are no different to anyone else.

Unfortunately, things like this have happened throughout history but, slowly, each group has prevailed and asserted their rights. Women, blacks, Aboriginals, de facto's - the list goes on. At least the process has started in other countries, and so it should *hopefully* only be a matter of time until its legal.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC

Pubert said:
Yes i do know 2 gay people in my school, and one called my friend hot so we were all going to bash him.
Oh noes, he might give you the gay disease if you touch him!
Fallacious, stop shifting the burden of proof.

davin

HSC
N/A

PwarYuex said:
Have you met many gay people? Personally, I wouldn't let most of them enter general population.
i'd agree fully about plenty of straight people.

*Minka*

HSC

Pubert said:
One of my brothers is gay while me and my two other living brothers are not and we were all raised the same.

*Minka*

HSC

It was so mucb fun - Torino is gorgeous and I want to go back again Olympics or not Olympics. Was a lot of fun to see some old friends and family in Serbia/Croatia and France is always nice and fun for a couple of days!

blue_chameleon

Shake the sauce bottle yo
HSC

No, they shouldnt.

Marriage was meant for male and females. No debate.

Gays should be shot. Their plight and protesting over their "rights" is becoming what women were to the feminist movements. Sorry, call me old fashioned, or what ever you may, but I cant accept them.

Whats with people thinking they were born gay? That is laughable.

Last edited:

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A

blue_chameleon said:
No, they shouldnt.

Gays should be shot. Their plight and protesting over their "rights" is becoming what women were to the feminist movements. Sorry, call me old fashioned, or what ever you may, but I cant accept them.

So should women who want equal rights be shot as well?

Also given that a large amount of evidence is found for genetic or fetal development dispositioning towards homosexuality please provide some evidence that this is false.

ihavenothing

M.L.V.C.
HSC

blue_chameleon said:
No, they shouldnt.

Guys who like Avril Lavigne deserve to be shot in my opinion. Her musical career and becoming a model is laughable.

Last edited:

blue_chameleon

HSC

Xayma said:
So should women who want equal rights be shot as well?

Also given that a large amount of evidence is found for genetic or fetal development dispositioning towards homosexuality please provide some evidence that this is false.
Do you have a link to any of the "large amount of evidence? I still cant fathom the idea of somebody, beit male or female being born gay. I can find a lot of reasons why people would "come out" as you put it, or "explore" homosexuality, but I cant accept the fact that people may be born gay.
Its interesting that I know a lot of girls these days arent afraid to say that they are "bi", when really they have just kissed a friend when drunk at a party, and gotten a rush from the reaction that it causes with the guys, so they do it again. Why? To please the guys.

And....no I never implied that women who want equal rights should be shot. And in saying "should be shot" it was not meant to be taken literally.
Gays will never have the same rights that married men and women have.

In conclusion, gays shouldnt be able to get married. Case Closed.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC

blue_chameleon said:
Do you have a link to any of the "large amount of evidence? I still cant fathom the idea of somebody, beit male or female being born gay.
Why not? There are gay animals, would you say that they became gay because of a social construct?
Its interesting that I know a lot of girls these days arent afraid to say that they are "bi", when really they have just kissed a friend when drunk at a party, and gotten a rush from the reaction that it causes with the guys, so they do it again. Why? To please the guys.
These girls aren't bi, but yes, there are bi girls out there, and these are the girls who would kiss girls regardless of whether guys were looking. Also that seems to be a pretty weak strawman.
And....no I never implied that women who want equal rights should be shot. And in saying "should be shot" it was not meant to be taken literally.
Gays will never have the same rights that married men and women have.
Because society is full of close minded bigots such as yourself?

In conclusion, gays shouldnt be able to get married. Case Closed.
You say case closed, but you never really made a case.

blue_chameleon

HSC

withoutaface said:
Why not? There are gay animals, would you say that they became gay because of a social construct?
Hahahaha

Hehehehehe Gay animals. Hahaha
Thanks for that, I needed it.

Im not a close minded bigot, im just looking at reality. Yes, gays do have more of a voice these days then they did say 40 years ago. But I really think that anybody, gay or not, who thinks that gays should have rights equal to that of a man/woman couple really has their head in the sand. Its not going to happen in my lifetime purely because it is an issue which goes against societies view over the last..........well forever. Agreed, todays society is somewhat more accepting, although this is an issue that goes against the moral fabric of society in all of history.
Fair enough, if gays want to express themselves amongst other like-minded people, then there shouldnt be a problem. Although the idea of same sex marriage crosses the line between what is acceptible and what is not. Not just by myself, but by the majority of society. It will remain that way.

Last edited:

blue_chameleon

HSC

Lets just agree to disagree shall we.

In relation to the thread topic, the exact reason why I dont accept gay marriage is simple. Marriage is (and has always been) considered an exclusive union between male and female. It has been said that homosexuality has been around throughout history, although up until the last couple of years or so the notion of gay marriage and gay rights have never been raised and brought into the public spotlight as they are at present.
If homosexuality has been present alongside mainstream society for all this time then why now?

I accept homosexuality, altough I dont accept its intergration into mainstream society and the notion of same sex marriages. And sorry guy/girls, but im not the only one.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)