Gatti Vs Mayweather (1 Viewer)

Cyph

espresso me up!
HSC
Who's watching the fight?

I'm a huge Gatti fan, I'm predicating Gatti by TKO at the end of the 7th when Mayweather doesn't answer the bell for the 8th round after Gatti has punched the fuck out of his arms, shoulders, etc. while chasing him around the ring and cutting it off... what I would like to see though is another brutal, Joey Gamache-like KO that ended the poor bloke's career.

Mayweather has talked so much shit leading up to this fight about Gatti and Gatti going in as the underdog is going to bring that warrior spirit out in him that no one else posseses. The only way Mayweather will beat Gatti is winning a 12 round decision... Not going to get a stoppage from a cut, Gatti cuts underneath his eyes and he has the best cut man in the business. And Mayweather certainly won't KO him, Mayweather might be about 146lbs come fight time while Gatti will be 160lbs+. Gatti has a chance of winning this fight every round, even if down on the score cards going into the 12th.

Cyph

espresso me up!
HSC
It seemed like Gatti's game plan was to try and box... why?! I don't think there's anyone who can outbox Mayweather.

A stoppage like that was the last thing I expected, although Gatti did look like he got hurt in the 6th round, especially by that body shot.

No excuses, way outclassed.. but, I think the weight cutting is starting to get to him now that he's 33 (he also said post-fight that was his last fight at 140 and he'd be moving up to 147).. he looked absolutely fucked at the weigh in and looked fucked in that fight, was lacking his usual heart & warrior spirit.. this is the guy that's broken his right hand halfway through a fight and fought on to jab his way to victory against Mickey Ward. Looks like Johnny Lewis has created a big craze of quitting on your stool :p

I had so much faith in Gatti's warrior spirit that I put $55 on him.. I'm absolutely gutted that he lost :(

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)