Gang Crime in NSW (1 Viewer)

banco55

HSC
Re: gang laws

I love this crap from lefty academics when every election they sneer at the "law and orcer auction" yet they never have any workable alternatives to lower the crime rate.

sam04u

Comrades, Comrades!
HSC
I smell future corruption and abuse. There goes any hopes of 'going out with mates' again.

sam04u

Comrades, Comrades!
HSC
It's stupid though, how easy is it to be 'associated' with a gang? Imagine one day a friend of yours decided to 'hold something', for another friend of his. All three of you were out for a drink or a party. It turns out that one was holding drugs, and the police catch him. All three of you become a part of a gang of drug dealers. (They don't have much to prove, since these laws would mean the state had less of a responsibility to 'prove' you affiliated with them.)

Even if one of your friends was a 'heavy drug abuser', and you never knew, you might be caught up. It's stupid really. (I don't have this problem but others might. )

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
pretty scary law, i can see myself getting arrested because i refuse to break up the 'gang' [read: group of friends walking from one bar to the next] i would fight those charges to the high court though, all the way up until the law gets changed back to something reasonable.

JaredR

Save Sderot
HSC
Ethnic gangs which bring cultural violence from their homeland to Australian shores really gets to me, such as that racial violence and inter-country disputes.

Send 'em 'home' if they want to bring such practices here.

HSC
Re: gang laws

banco55 said:
I love this crap from lefty academics when every election they sneer at the "law and orcer auction" yet they never have any workable alternatives to lower the crime rate.

agreed, in reality it probably would take over 10 years for them to actually do something about than talk about it now and wait

HSC
Im just sick of civil libertarians bitching about every single damn reform that comes through parliament. Oh my god we can't give the police more power that would be like an invasion of privacy...

Of course gang crime is certainly not an infringement on anyone else's civil liberties and so i guess they are perfectly justified.......

Generator

HSC
N/A
The Brucemaster said:
Im just sick of civil libertarians bitching about every single damn reform that comes through parliament. Oh my god we can't give the police more power that would be like an invasion of privacy...
I take it that you don't think much of your privacy, bruce? That your 'rights' and the like aren't worth protecting?

HSC
Generator said:
I take it that you don't think much of your privacy, bruce? That your 'rights' and the like aren't worth protecting?
Not at all im just saying that some people seem to take this idea of an invasion of privacy too far.

For example, emergency services phone operators aren't allowed to trace mobile phone calls for this reason.

The priority that civil libertarians place on privacy is sometimes misguided, failing to consider the practical implications a la the above example.

Optophobia

HSC
Generator said:
Don't twist peoples words.

Optophobia

HSC
Generator said:
It was a reasonable question, mathmite.
No it was a supposition in the format of a question, to which no real answer was expected.

Optophobia

HSC
Optophobia said:
No it was a supposition in the format of a question, to which no real answer was expected.
And that's 'MR' Mathmite to you, peasant.

;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)