• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Gaming Computer (1 Viewer)

MrBrightside

Brightest Member
HSC
N/A
oh okay

why get a $300 cpu when a $100 cpu does the same thing? why get a $300 gpu when an integrated gpu does the same thing?

gosh
you sir are one not to be saying that.

You are taking my words out of context.

When i suggested my monitor compared it to other monitors of SIMILAR sepecifications

i.e. same res 1080p

same response time 2ms

similar contrast ratios etc

a cheaper CPU will do the same thing as a high end CPU i.e process binary code. But the high end one will do it faster. same goes for GPUs.

Last edited:

JennaJameson

Swollen Member
HSC
you sir are one not to be saying that.

You are taking my words out of context.

When i suggested my monitor compared it to other monitors of SIMILAR sepecifications

i.e. same res 1080p

same response time 2ms

similar contrast ratios etc

a cheaper CPU will do the same thing as a high end CPU i.e process binary code. But the high end one will do it faster. same goes for GPUs.
you've just missed the whole point of what i've been trying to tell you

i.e. spend more to buy a monitor with an IPS panel instead of a TN panel

you are stupid

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
you come off as fairly stupid/unintelligent

be less stupid and you will go further in life
He is, didnt think girl gamers existed and when proven wrong, blamed it on not following girl gaming clans.

HSC
Uni Grad
Thanks man, I dunno what I would of done without you...might of went onto bing.com and be forever searching. Thankx Love u long time xD
you're welcome! on the website there will be a box where you can enter text, you must type in "does viewsonic [model number here] have IPS panel" then press the enter/return key on your keyboard

happy searching!

jamesfirst

HSC
oh okay

why get a $300 cpu when a $100 cpu does the same thing? why get a $300 gpu when an integrated gpu does the same thing?

gosh
CPU = tick

GPU = cross... $300 GPU is not even that expensive nowadays ... I'm getting $510 (gtx 560ti sli) to try to max out BF3... which probably won't or have very little FPS.

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
CPU = tick

GPU = cross... $300 GPU is not even that expensive nowadays ... I'm getting $510 (gtx 560ti sli) to try to max out BF3... which probably won't or have very little FPS.

Umm Im running High+max res on a 550 Ti.

jamesfirst

HSC
Umm Im running High+max res on a 550 Ti.
oh for realz?

haha, Umart delayed my damn order so I still haven't built it :(... but that's good news, knowing that I can max out bf3 :)

Anyway my point still holds valid.

MrBrightside

Brightest Member
HSC
N/A
CPU = tick

Would you expect much performance increase with sli gtx 560ti over a single GTX 570? IS BF3 coded to take full advantage of sli configurations? I would like to see some benchmarks (if you've researched it)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)