HSC
1Time4thePpl said:
i ended up exchanging the creatine i got for:
Vital Strength Nutraceuticals
Micronised Creatine Monhydrate

Better?
Any opinions?
Should i drink it with apple juice?
Why are you using that shit? It's so bloody un-natural. You're not a bodybuilder nor do you plan to be!

DJ_Cam

Insecure Teen
HSC
N/A
Whoa, there's alot of bad info flying around here.

On gaining weight, everyone can do it. The simple reason why people who are stick thin never can is because their metabolism is so friggin fast no amount of calories they throw at their body is an excess. People such as this, which sounds like Shorties bf, usually have no other option but to turn to weight gainers which are absolutely loaded with calories specifically designed for such a purpose.

Protein shakes are meant to supplement an already solid diet which has a good macro breakdown. To induce hypertrophy you need a good balance of protein, carbs and EFAs. If any of those are missing it just won't happen.Who said 'other supplements' are bad for you? Endless studies have been done on Creatine, Glutamine, etc, and have proven that if taken properly they won't cause a problem. Perhaps your bf forgot to take in alot of water with his Creatine?

If you have all three parts of the weight gaining equation in place- Smart nutrition, smart training, and quality rest, you will make gains.

Luke_D

HSC
Listen to this guy peoples ^^

He knows his shite. Anyone who says supplements are bad for you needs to do some research.

shortie_689

HSC
supplements arent bad for you but if you rely on them as the only way of getting the what the supplement contains its not so great

stazi

Nightman
HSC
shortie_689 said:
supplements arent bad for you but if you rely on them as the only way of getting the what the supplement contains its not so great
ummm.........really? who would've thought. no one was suggesting that only using supplements is healthy. that's just stupid.

IamaFloorMat

HSC
N/A
mr_speedy said:
heheh sore throat, best excuse ive ever heard for not going to the gym
seriously though!! go to the gym while your sick and you will just fuck yourself up even more!!

and when you have exams comin up very soon too...

hYperTrOphY

HSC
No offense shortie, but when you don't know what you're talking about please dont speak. This is one of my pet hates, because people have so many misconceptions in relation to bodybuilding because of people who hear something and treat it as gospel, when in fact it is bullshit!

Just to reiterate what other have already said - you're wrong! Simple.

Some people cant gain weight? wrong.
Creatine is 'bad for you? wrong.

If your boyfriend is not gaining weight, I can guarentee he is doing something wrong.

mr_speedy

its called karma baby
HSC
N/A
id say hes doing extremely light weights.....

Luke_D

HSC
You're right dude.

Some might include diet, workout habits, exercise technique just to name a few. The one I most think it would be, is lack of intensity.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
does anyone know anything about ecstasy and creatine? Would it be ok for me to have a big night out this weekend and still continue with creatine loading? Or is it recommended not to mix. I don't think it should be a problem, but just in case.

hYperTrOphY

HSC
It is a problem.

If you are serious about your training you wont be having ecstacy. I understand that most people train to improve their appearance - but is also a health issue. Taking any drug is not recommended.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
melbournian said:
Thats the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

Have you ever seen how skinny pill poppers are?
Ecstacy stops you sleeping (needed for muscle growth), you lose your appetite (needed for growth), you use up a lot of energy (and hence catabolism will result if ur not eating).
I can tell you its not a good idea if you are serious (and if you are not, forget the creatine). I used to do that shit in y12 and its not cool. Fortunantly I got over it fairly quickly (even if it did fuck up my y12 a bit).

I've basically stopped drinking. I've drunk four times this year. I still go out heaps, just don't see the need to get pissed all the time. It seriously makes a lot of difference. Probably why I am getting faster gain (well was before I started cutting), compared to other people at college who are trying to put on weight (although, I eat a shit load more protein, carbs and avoid the shitty food they serve here).,
So I'm not allowed to have a fun night out? I don't drink much. I need a night to chill out and relax after a hectic semester where i didnt go out at all. I think I deserve it no matter how poorly my body handles it for 1-2 nights.
My question wasn't whether its good to take ecstasy. But it was more are there any adverse dangerous health risks from taking creatine and e.

Also, when im loading (taking 4 5g doses):
1 in the morning
1 at night
When do i take the other 2? Before and after weights?

stazi

Nightman
HSC
illuzionz said:
if you need ecstasy to have a fun night out, i pity you.

also, i know this has been adressed. but shortie, your boyfriend needs to get a clue, you on the other hand need to buy a whole fuckin years supply of clue.
I didn't ask people to make value judgements. I asked a question. I understand what melbournian and hypertropy are saying, but your comment was uncalled for.

How do u guys mix in your creatine? i find it doesnt really dissolve. And straight in my mouth, theres a bit too much. it tastes terrible too.

hYperTrOphY

HSC
I haven't done enough research on the adverse side effects of taking creatine and ecstacy, thus I will not comment because I am not knowledgable enough in this area.
I do however doubt that you would have any adverse side effects (other than those you would usually have eith, or without creatine).
If you are in doubt dont have one of them - preferably the ecstacy!

And don't mix your creatine with anything! Directly scoop the teaspoon into the mouth and wash down with water.

Last edited:

stazi

Nightman
HSC
cheers.
apparently e decreases creatine levels, so it may be a good idea after the night to take some.

Oh and so when do i take the other 2 doses? is before and after weights ok?
oh and is 5g a tablespoon-full?

Last edited:

hYperTrOphY

HSC
melbournian said:
Thats the best time to take it
take the creatine within 15 minutes of workout (pre and post)

Just mix it in water. Its not going to break down into creatinine that quickly.
Nevertheless absorbtion will still be enhanced without water.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
wait, how many teaspoons/tablespoons is 5g of creatine?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)