gah! I hate having to do gwen harwood!! (1 Viewer)

HSC
I'm trying to write about 2 readings for each poem and i am drawing a COMPLETE BLANK. I can't seem to make the reading last more then 1 paragraph and sound smart.. Grr

SimoneL

HSC
I know how you feel! That's what we're doing at the moment. Our teacher told us that we should use a reading that matches our personal respose to the poem. Like if, when you read "Prize Giving", you think that Professor Eisenbart is a complete misoginist, you should do a feminist reading. And Romantic is always good to fall back on...just some thoughts, hope they help!

kormy

HSC
our teacher is giving us her readings on each poem. each one was about half a a full page each. she didnt really incorporate many techniques but there were quite a few you could have used. we havent done all our poems, but these are the readings she gave us for each:
Prizegiving - feminist, philosophical
Father and Child - christian, psycholanalytical, postmodern
At Mornington - religious, psychological
The Violets - psychoanalytica, christian.
you can always fall back ont the whole religious side to the poems since Harwood was influenced greatly by Christianity, so that one usually works.
hope that helps. im just so glad we dont have to write our own because i dont understand the poems as it is...

HSC
I also think that you can do Prizegiving as a Christian reading (It's what I'm doing)
The girl with the titian hair twisting a web of lust and sin to the unexpecting "Professor" who sees himself higher than god.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)