G to the ERMANY (1 Viewer)

silverpen

HSC
I thought it was great. Did the seoncd question on terror, repression and propaganda 33 - 39

Everyone else?

Cinnamonster

Somewhere in the general vicinity of the Universe
HSC
I did:
a) To what extent did weaknesses in the Weimar Republic account for the growth and rise to power of the Nazi Party to 1933.

I told myself I wasn't going to do an essay about Weimar but I studied so much for it and couldn't remember enough about terror and repression. I didn't want to waste a whole weekend of studying just so I could finally understand the Weimar Republic so I went with that.
Wrote six pages. Broke my record of 5 and a half :D

untitled....

HSC
It was good but I didnt go into much detail about Kristallnacht... do you reckon it was really vital? BTW I loveee whoever predicted the conflict in the pacific question as PEARL HARBOUR!!!

silverpen

HSC
Nah i didnt do much on Kristallnacht....the question wasnt really about specificaly jes/racial policy it included repressive mesaures on the general population as well i think

absorber

HSC
did 9 pages on 6A, exposing weaknesses in the republic wasn't hard :D

d3vilz

HSC
Uni Grad
did that as well. practically, that was the same question as my trials

vantastic

HSC
It was good but I didnt go into much detail about Kristallnacht... do you reckon it was really vital? BTW I loveee whoever predicted the conflict in the pacific question as PEARL HARBOUR!!!
Almost freaked out about kirstallnacht when i realised that i did question a anyway hahaa

jmods

HSC
^^^ haha, same.

I did a. Weimar. Not in my trials but in my half yearlies, and my favourite topic out of Germany :)

15 pages, I think. But fairly large writing - 7ish words per line, maybe 8.

Smile_Time351

HSC
Question B all the way. 'Propaganda terror and repression? Oh. You mean EVERY FREAKING THING THAT THE NAZIS EVER DID? Oh. Okay.' Hence the 11 pages of little handwriting.

Kristallnacht got a mention, but not a big one. I focused more on the SS and Gestapo in respects to their dealings on the average germans. Thought it might make for a better link to the question given the 'impact on the German People' thing.

Pretty good overall. Two thumbs up! :)

xBecx

HSC
I did A.

I love the Weimar section. Best part of Germany and thats pretty much what I prepared for so that question was awesome for me. I spent almost an hour on it coz i had time left over from WWI so i'm happy. Best question of the paper. :)

57o1i

Premium Member
HSC
I did 6a) ... wrote ten (and a bit) pages, which I was happy with.
Poking holes in the WR is always much fun.
I was thinking of doing terror and repression but in the end I stuck with the things I'd studied fifteen minutes before the exam started :).

I thought it was fantastic, all up. Great exam.

silverpen

HSC
Question B all the way. 'Propaganda terror and repression? Oh. You mean EVERY FREAKING THING THAT THE NAZIS EVER DID? Oh. Okay.' Hence the 11 pages of little handwriting.

Kristallnacht got a mention, but not a big one. I focused more on the SS and Gestapo in respects to their dealings on the average germans. Thought it might make for a better link to the question given the 'impact on the German People' thing.

Pretty good overall. Two thumbs up! :)

Bahaha that was my reaction...because really propaganda terror and repression sums up the whole nazi reign i think. Even on the average german propaganda and laws affected them. Yeah and i also thought "impact on the german people" was a key part of the question. It'll differentiate the people who realised that and those who focused specifically on the jews or something i reckon

HSC
I agree! I went for B and LOVED IT :D:D:D:D
I kept going back to the impact, even though I did venture into the centralisation of culture in the Reich Chamber of Culture by Goebells, though I'm not sure if that counts under 'repression'. I just said that it was a way of controlling and regulating (repressing) society...? Not sure. But I felt generally happy with the rest of it :)

driaxx

HSC
I wrote about Weimer

seriously I think we were so lucky in that exam! Is it just me or was every question about the first topic?

WWI- schlieffen plan
Germany - Weimar
Cold War - The origins of the cold war

and the personality wasn't too bad to.

Now I just hope I answered them correctly :( who knows in the heat of writing the exam. Jeeze I just have my fingers crossed for a good mark in Modern! It was my favourite subject! But one bad essay could drop you down a band so I don't know it's luck...

Freshjiver

HSC
I did question b).
I liked it, as i knew quite a lot about propaganda, terror & repression, and historians views on it.

I think many people wouldn't have taken into account "....on the german people"; propaganda, terror & repression doesn't necessarily refer to RACIAL POLICIES so therefore one who JUST talked about the effect on Jews.. is a spastic.

The question more referred to how these elements regulated & controlled german people, and how this impacted upon society; which i think more includes aryans, everyday germans etc.

But, it was definitely a wide question.

You could have talked about forms, elements & effects of propaganda, aswell as the gestapo, ss & concentration camps and to a lesser extent the SA. The use of fear was relevant too, ie denunciation and threats.

Also, i have always been taught that when you "assess" something you can look at how effective something is, and also if it is ineffective in any way. Like i included the research of this R Gellately dude, who found that the gestapo population was tiny compared to the german people. Yet the fear generated by the gestapo made it effective anyway.

silverpen

HSC
I did question b).
I liked it, as i knew quite a lot about propaganda, terror & repression, and historians views on it.

I think many people wouldn't have taken into account "....on the german people"; propaganda, terror & repression doesn't necessarily refer to RACIAL POLICIES so therefore one who JUST talked about the effect on Jews.. is a spastic.

The question more referred to how these elements regulated & controlled german people, and how this impacted upon society; which i think more includes aryans, everyday germans etc.

But, it was definitely a wide question.

You could have talked about forms, elements & effects of propaganda, aswell as the gestapo, ss & concentration camps and to a lesser extent the SA. The use of fear was relevant too, ie denunciation and threats.

Also, i have always been taught that when you "assess" something you can look at how effective something is, and also if it is ineffective in any way. Like i included the research of this R Gellately dude, who found that the gestapo population was tiny compared to the german people. Yet the fear generated by the gestapo made it effective anyway.

yeah my teacher said you could have also included women and jugend ...stuff like that

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)