Futuro( Art at Uni kids) (1 Viewer)

maxibon88

HSC
aaahhhhhhas another HSc year comes to an end i ask the question, who will continue tertiary studies in Art realted fields. Whos going where, why etc. Im looking at COFA, being in trendy paddington and all. The SCA is also one of my choices, and i cant wait to meet more arty people( In highschool ur often isolated from your own creativity) What about the national art school, i hear it is very traditionally orientated ( not essentially a bad thing) and extremely selective. A prac teacher at my school said he applied 4 years in a row and didint make it( either he was just crap, or they were tough kids) I wouldnt mind do drawing as a core subject but i dont think the art revolves around it as the guy stated on the website. Tafe also has some very good courses in design, also very selctive( im looking at enmore sis). Id love do Art theory aswell, COFA friends say excels in this aspect, maybe thats why they dont recquire a portfolio. OH and did i mention being touched by a girls subtle glance at the spring fair...she was cute...hahha creepy little kid i am. Anyway this message board has grown on me, the stimulating satisfaction of staring into the cathode ray and seeing people reply to your messages is quite the experience...reminds me of my days as a girl.oops.

H.S.What?

HSC
im doing digital media at tafe next year :) it might not sound arty but a huge part of the course is painting with guache and oil paints, etc

kristie87

HSC
I'm planning on doing Design Visual Communication at Newcastle Uni.

Just gotta get the UAI first... :|

irnie

life is a dance floor
HSC
i've got COFA after my show off visual communication and design preferences at UTS (i know i wont get in) and then SCA but im thinkin of switchin them around. and if all else fails.... i've got some credit points towards gettin into a NAS course

millicent

fine arts/arts at cofa. it was either that or law, and for some strange and unknown reason, i'd rather be a poor starving artist... go figure.

chamelia

HSC
kristie87 said:
I'm planning on doing Design Visual Communication at Newcastle Uni.

Just gotta get the UAI first... :|
Sames...Dammit dont want to find out my UAI though..considering it might as well say "You have no chance of doing anything remotely connected to what you had hoped for yourself"

ElGronko

Not premium
HSC
irnie said:
poor starving artists' life has some perks
When I was in year 10 or 11, i forget which, i asked this girl I worked with what I should do career wise.

She said she would have to think about it.

A week latter she told me that she had thought about it, and she had the perfect career for me: struggling artist. In those words.

She suggested that I find a girl who I really connected with who really liked my work and believed in me and was rich and marry her. Great in theory...

As for me continuing my studies in art, I don't think I could do it as a primary as it would restrict me too much. But I will definitely continue studying it as part of another course, such as Liberal studies or something.

trina233

oh..hahaha
HSC
reply if you know whats good for you ;)

yeah, im following my passion for the visual arts.. deffering any uni acceptances for 12months (wishful thinking there, damn this unknown uai) and will be working and living in with some random people in newtown-enmore, whichever and whatever i can find... but yes, bebsides from scrapping in dollars from a few mixed jobs, i want to be taking short art courses at NAS, and any other arty schools that offer short courses and make art peices to sell... i figured why not give it a try, and it does look like i will be supporting myself, as my parents see no future in art. Mind you my brother is thte art director of hoyts cinema, and got that through studying a graphic design course at uni, but then i hate computers. :)
so yes, for you guys who will be following visual arts next year at schools or tafe, we should all get in touch. I have some contacts who are thinking of creating a large affordable art exhibition in the city some time next year... and if we group together, make an art movement somehow, we may all just break through those glass walls of the art world.
..yes it can happen.

tanka

HSC
trina233 said:
yeah, im following my passion for the visual arts.. deffering any uni acceptances for 12months (wishful thinking there, damn this unknown uai) and will be working and living in with some random people in newtown-enmore, whichever and whatever i can find... but yes, bebsides from scrapping in dollars from a few mixed jobs, i want to be taking short art courses at NAS, and any other arty schools that offer short courses and make art peices to sell... i figured why not give it a try, and it does look like i will be supporting myself, as my parents see no future in art. Mind you my brother is thte art director of hoyts cinema, and got that through studying a graphic design course at uni, but then i hate computers. :)
so yes, for you guys who will be following visual arts next year at schools or tafe, we should all get in touch. I have some contacts who are thinking of creating a large affordable art exhibition in the city some time next year... and if we group together, make an art movement somehow, we may all just break through those glass walls of the art world.
..yes it can happen.
I'm also going to enmore for the certificate in 3D animation and digital effects. anybody else doing this?

maxibon88

HSC
yeah i love newtown, especially the stencil graffiti(thats more enmore i guess). Remeber to check out the bondage shop on king street. Yeah i went to do a drawing test at enmore tafe and they make u join these squiglles to illustrate your degree of lateral thinking. Apparently enmore is harder to get into than every uni offering graphic design. Who wants to end up infront of a G5 cathode ray all day. Plus designers are whighey haha. Personally i want to be photographing the city band scene next year, while studying at an art school. Cant wait to get into the city...

I like holga cameras, and old school polaroid!

maxibon88

HSC
personally im trying to find an old sx-70 polaroid camera, like the ones andy warhol used to take photos of all the people in "the factory". And then u can use that polaroid peel apart film. I dont know why im talking about this now anyway. Sorry but i love my old school cameras. In the latest issue of monster children they teach u how to make a pinhole camera with a polaroid back, real cheap for anyone wanting to get into arty photography. once again off track!

Oh and etc etc etc, i checked out your paintings, their sick, having said that its probably because im a huge Basquiat fan, love the guy. Ud probably like Cy Twombly too, and Dubuffet? Those photos were taken with a holga i presume???

Plush safe he think.

Last edited:

luscious-llama

Ára bátur
HSC
N/A
maxibon88 said:
yeah i love newtown, especially the stencil graffiti(thats more enmore i guess). Remeber to check out the bondage shop on king street. Yeah i went to do a drawing test at enmore tafe and they make u join these squiglles to illustrate your degree of lateral thinking. Apparently enmore is harder to get into than every uni offering graphic design. Who wants to end up infront of a G5 cathode ray all day. Plus designers are whighey haha. Personally i want to be photographing the city band scene next year, while studying at an art school. Cant wait to get into the city...

I like holga cameras, and old school polaroid!

ahhhhhhhhhh another holga fan :D i love the effects, never had one though..
my use a medium format hassleblad...is as good as it gets

and the polaroid...oh my gosh.......hahaha that sounded spacky, yes. I love them

luscious-llama

Ára bátur
HSC
N/A
maxibon88 said:
personally im trying to find an old sx-70 polaroid camera, like the ones andy warhol used to take photos of all the people in "the factory". And then u can use that polaroid peel apart film. I dont know why im talking about this now anyway. Sorry but i love my old school cameras. In the latest issue of monster children they teach u how to make a pinhole camera with a polaroid back, real cheap for anyone wanting to get into arty photography. once again off track!

Oh and etc etc etc, i checked out your paintings, their sick, having said that its probably because im a huge Basquiat fan, love the guy. Ud probably like Cy Twombly too, and Dubuffet? Those photos were taken with a holga i presume???

Plush safe he think.

Oooh someone who's into photography toooooooooooooooooooooooooo..yes..
I've only made standard black boxed pinhole cameras i'd love to know of this polaroid back business. I love old school cameras too, although i lack the funds :(. So unfortunately or fortunately i'm blessed with a digital slr. I only use manual settings :p. I have a range finder..thats probably the oldest old school camera that I own...and its pretty..well..blah-ish.

Etc etc etc is a wonderful artist :) if she doesnt hang in one of the better art galleries in australia i'll hang myself.

HSC
N/A
maxibon88 said:

Plush safe he think.
SAMO as an end to playing art.

I love Twombly also, and Tapies. You should check out contemporary artist José Parla if you're into that type of thing too. I'm not huge on Dubuffet though.

There isn't actually any Holga shots in my gallery yet. I've actually been experimenting with duplicating the 'look' in Photoshop, to see if I can do it. And yeah, people keep thinking they're Holga shots - so I was successful!

I've made 35mm alterations to my Holga, it's awesome. The light leaks are pretty bad though, I had to tape it up a bit. Now it's all sticky!

I love cameras too. I own 6. A DSLR, a standard digital, a film SLR, a vintage film SLR, a vintage rangefinder, and a Holga. Next I need a Polaroid (if the film wasn't so damn expensive!)

luscious-llama said:
Etc etc etc is a wonderful artist :) if she doesnt hang in one of the better art galleries in australia i'll hang myself.
Awww shucks Lanelle, you're making me want to give up the art teacher dream and be a poor hippy artist ! ;)

maxibon88

HSC
omg someone owns a hassleblad....id have to sell everything i own to get one. Hahaha. Yeah u can get really good results with these pinhole cameras. Check out the latest issue of monster children at your news agency. IT has step by step instructions. Its so cheap, basically u just need to buy a polaroid back(ebay).
I got a super 8 camera on ebay for 8 dollars, and then the shipping was 40 hahah.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)