future values!? (1 Viewer)

pig_93

HSC
i need help with future, like when they ask a whole question dedicated to it, i freak out cos i cant write a whole essay on it.

do they want u to write ALTERNATIVES for ur focus study? or do u just focus on the ONE future YOU personally think?

i just dont get it. i need examples to help me.
please help me! IM FREAKING out

white_spazzy

but why?
HSC
okay i dont know too much about the whole future scenarios thing, but just write a scenario that offers both positive and negative outcomes. and if you are worried about having to write a scenario in the exam, try writing some now and just slotting the concepts into it where you can. this way you will have a scenario planned out before you go into the exam and wont have to think one up on the spot.

schamoozlers

HSC
Statistics on the Australian Bureau of statistics website show that over time the aboriginal population of Australia has been continuing to deteriorate. The health statistics show that the life expectancy for indigenous people in the year 2000 was the same as it was for non-indigenous Australians in 1900. The historic conflict about the social differentiation and varying levels of power and authority between indigenous and non-indigenous Australians has come to a point where cooperation between the two cultures could be helpful to both groups. Aboriginal Australians are suffering extreme disadvantage and there are many groups such as the Human Rights and Equal Opportunity Commission and Oxfam Australia have website and programs to make the issue of inequality within Aboriginal society aware to the macro world. The changing attitudes and values of society have led to development in the equality of Aboriginal individuals. The cooperation between institutions such as big businesses and the government have led to the medias involvement in the awareness of the inequality. The fact that in 2001 a group of Aboriginal Australians and police men could work together shows great change for the good, and they were able to work together because; "The key to a good working relationship between police and the local Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community, is awareness and mutual respect for different cultural customs and beliefs." Cultural acceptance is the key to two groups such as Indigenous and non-indigenous Australians working in harmony.
But how do we achieve this? I think that programs such as the Human Rights and Equal Opportunity Commission can help to raise awareness of the inequality within Australian society, but it ultimately comes down to the attitudes of individuals within Australia. The impact of the media will eventually take its toll and as technology advances we will all become increasingly aware of things that need to be completed. MP3 Players will ultimately become the key element in communication with the new generation of adolescents. And if we can alter their perception of Aboriginal Australians that we are taking one step closer in making Australia that ‘fair go’ society we all desire.
But if that does not happen what happens to the Aboriginal community? Well looking at recent statistics it shows that the health of the Indigenous community has been deteriorating and if inequality is not solved then it is very possible that the entire community will loose faith and become non-existent, without access to socially valued resources the community has very little chance of survival. Their environment will ultimately affect their health and the fact that within the stratification of Australia people with wealth accumulate more power than those without it. Those disadvantaged are truly powerless to redress the situation it is left up to the government to redress the situation through affirmative action programs, social security (pensions), setting up equal opportunity tribunals and anti-discrimination legislation. With the institution of the government taking charge of the power struggle it puts an end to institutional discrimination.

Equality and difference within Australian society has been at the heart of many discussions over time. The media allows for different perceptions of the situation and the three articles used in this report allowed for analysis of different situations. Many statistics, while not mentioned, did infact allow for a greater understanding of just how the macro social grouping of Aboriginal Australians is affected by social prejudice. The one way that all of us can overcome such a situation is by changing our attitudes towards the community. Believe in them.

yeh that. teacher said it was alright. she culd b lying so just have a read and see wut u think. its about Aboriginal Australians.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)