Future Plans (UAI/Uni/Tafe/Job) (1 Viewer)

K

khorne

Re: Where do you see yourself in the future?

oh yes..i also forgot to add that i see myself topping the state in legal studies and english muhahaha
And I see myself as being top of the state in being hot and Mathematics (They kind of go together) :D

tash1601

HSC

writing, travelling

happy with a uai of 85+
extremely happy with a uai of 90+

sundirtwater

HSC

oh yes..i also forgot to add that i see myself topping the state in legal studies and english muhahaha
i love it how you plan to top legal without it even being part of your coursework!?

LynFay

HSC

Lost. Totally and utterly lost. :bomb:

LOL. i really have no idea... and that bugs the hell out of me.

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad

Time will tell :)

Hopefully high!!

as in High with education, money, etc... and a family too.

nerd_2b

HSC

Well im pretty economical and mathematical....

So i wud aim for a UAI above 98.....And if I get anything below 97, I wud kill myself!!!!

I want to study B.Ec at Macquarie University,
or actually I also have a desire to travel overseas and study economics,....Like in a well known school just for economics....I heard the best school is in London......yea

I wud compete my course in 3-5 years time, and I would aim to be an economist in a managing role, probably in a bank or insurance company......And by 10 years, I want to move up along the career ladder and become a higher position each time I change jobs....

But say IF I don't make that mark, I would probably do something else related to business, but commerce requires a higher score than eco......

Or I would do something related to science, which I haven;t thought about yet....

Biology
Business Studies
Economics

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad

Well im pretty economical and mathematical....

So i wud aim for a UAI above 98.....And if I get anything below 97, I wud kill myself!!!!

I want to study B.Ec at Macquarie University,
or actually I also have a desire to travel overseas and study economics,....Like in a well known school just for economics....I heard the best school is in London......yea

I wud compete my course in 3-5 years time, and I would aim to be an economist in a managing role, probably in a bank or insurance company......And by 10 years, I want to move up along the career ladder and become a higher position each time I change jobs....

But say IF I don't make that mark, I would probably do something else related to business, but commerce requires a higher score than eco......

Or I would do something related to science, which I haven;t thought about yet....
Ahh yes, London School of Economics, its a killer!

But I think Australian School of Business (UNSW) is fairly good, UAI required for B.Ec is around 92, B.Com is around 95, you can also do a combined course with commerce and economics which is also 95 and only 1 year extra.

qfa380

HSC

I'd like to get a UAI of above 90. I'd be ecstatic with 95. I know low compared to some others but thats all I want.

If I do really well I'd love to do a combined Bachelor of Economics/Medicine.

Today I started playing with the idea of being the Australian Ambassador to the United Nations. Moving up to become Secretary General, I would certainly settle for a seat on the Security Council though.

benjihua93

HSC

Id like to see myself at the camperdown campus of usyd doing an advanced science degree.

rm93

HSC
N/A

ah, this gives me a headache

i like to think of getting 90+,

career in medicine (i find that my purpose in life is to help other people),

and still studying till im 40

:)

BIOLOGY
VISUAL ART
PDHPE
CAFS
ENGLISH STDRD

tehrobzorz

HSC

AHH! No more study PLEASE.

Pretty much same aspirations with nerd_2b....but if not, career in Architecture would be nice =D ( or something in design ..but supposedly design doesnt pay well )

the prospect of travel sounds nice, but I would get married before I'm 30...otherwise, I may never be able to travel the world ( second time round =D ) with my grandkids....

Dunno man...

Anyone know of what the starting salary is for someone in economics? Call me crazy, but I've always thought of my life like this :

house = $800 000 self designed and must be paid off within 10 years ( I refuse to pay interest x_X )
car x2 = $120 000
Family = $???

All this before 35... and absolute MUST travel the world before or at 40~

=D

red-butterfly

HSC

well i see myself living a comfortable life as a doctor head of cardiology xD!

married before i'm 30.

kids?? just 1 :D so i can spoil him/her

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad

AHH! No more study PLEASE.

Pretty much same aspirations with nerd_2b....but if not, career in Architecture would be nice =D ( or something in design ..but supposedly design doesnt pay well )

the prospect of travel sounds nice, but I would get married before I'm 30...otherwise, I may never be able to travel the world ( second time round =D ) with my grandkids....

Dunno man...

Anyone know of what the starting salary is for someone in economics? Call me crazy, but I've always thought of my life like this :

house = $800 000 self designed and must be paid off within 10 years ( I refuse to pay interest x_X )
car x2 = $120 000
Family = $???

All this before 35... and absolute MUST travel the world before or at 40~

=D
Interesting plans,

I'm going for B.Ec / B.Com combined degree at Australian Business School (UNSW), then a Masters in Economics and then MBA @ AGSM :D

NO idea about the pay.. the site says second highest in Australia is what people graduating from UNSW are usually offered, for Commerce its the Top... but they can make up crap too... lol

I have a question regarding "B.Ec / B.Com combined degree", The UNSW site says that you need one Major in Economics and 1 or 2 in Commerce

1. So which economics should I major in? or Should I just wait and see?
2. Is it possible to Major in Actuarial Studies in the combined degree? and is it useful to major in Actuarial?

thanks!

imsopostmodern

cool as a kuhncumber
HSC

i cant see myself as part of the future. i exist and belong in the past.

da-g91

HSC

i c a life fillied with alot more partying...

as mch partyin as i kan afford

LOL

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)