fundraising (1 Viewer)

fi_babezy

Stealing is Looking
HSC
I'm on this fundrasing committee for the formal.

Does anyone out there have some fabolous ideas for fundraising or ideas for formals?

kimmeh

Sleeping
HSC
hmmm well, our school is having a talent quest that is ebing run during school times. people pay for a ticket out of classtime :D that always attracts people :)

KK donut drive? people love them
SLave day - have groups of people auctioned off as slaves for the day. like you pay 20 for a bunch of 3 people and these 3 poeople will follow those who paid for them and do whatevere they want, homework, copy down notes from board etc. i heard of once that these people asked their slave to walk around in their boxer shorts :rofl: i'm sure if theyre willing to, then i gues its okay :)

Demandred

HSC
Me and the rest of the council decided to raise money by selling chocolates, not Freddos or Caramel Koalas :).

We basically went with Mars, they offered us quite a variety which aren't for sale in retail stores. It went off OK. So this is how it went:

18 packets per box, $4 each packet, so thats $72 a box times it by how many kids in the year and take away 2/3 of money which has to be paid back to Mars.

We still managed to raise quite a bit (in the thousands), even though there were some problems in organising, but still good.

Try that :).

Demandred

HSC
The main issue with those is that Freddos and Koalas are simply too common and tends to get overkilled by previous fundraisers, I don't whether this is true or not, but seems your one worked out fine.

Mike iE

HSC
Last year we had a Walk-a-thon and raised $25 000. Yes i know it sounds lame, BUT there were lots of incentives to make people raise money.
There were prizes for high earners in each grade - eg.Discmans, cameras, a reserved car park for year 11. Each $5 you raised earned 1 ticket in a massive raffle for a TV, Digital Cameras, Bodyboards + shopping vouchers.
Each year had a dress-up theme and best dressed in each year won prizes.
The actual walk-a-thon was about 4km, then we had 3 bands as entertainment after it.
Basically if you want people to raise money, you have to make sure they can get something out of it.

Demandred

HSC
If only I could get enough motivation from the students in this year's fun run :/

Sugar

HSC
Originally posted by Mike iE
Basically if you want people to raise money, you have to make sure they can get something out of it.
I remember near the end of last year, our school was asking students to donate cans so they can give them to needy people during Christmas time. Every can you bring, you earn 1 ticket to go in the draw to win raffle prizes. There were crummy prizes that businesses donated, such as a box of chalk (like a big box with 40 packets), and a pedestal fan?! :confused:

lol, hardly anyone donated!

Mike iE

HSC
Originally posted by cro_angel
what were you raising money for?
A shade structure for the school .... we have basically no covering for assemblies etc. apparently work is starting these holidays, we will probably never see it :(

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Originally posted by Sugar
I remember near the end of last year, our school was asking students to donate cans so they can give them to needy people during Christmas time. Every can you bring, you earn 1 ticket to go in the draw to win raffle prizes. There were crummy prizes that businesses donated, such as a box of chalk (like a big box with 40 packets), and a pedestal fan?! :confused:

lol, hardly anyone donated!
but that's not bad. one can = 1 ticket.

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
we're selling those fund rasing chocolates at the moment...i have four boxes of maltesers left to sell...anyone want some?!

Tarek

Originally posted by Mike iE
Last year we had a Walk-a-thon and raised $25 000. Yes i know it sounds lame, BUT there were lots of incentives to make people raise money.
There were prizes for high earners in each grade - eg.Discmans, cameras, a reserved car park for year 11. Each $5 you raised earned 1 ticket in a massive raffle for a TV, Digital Cameras, Bodyboards + shopping vouchers.
Each year had a dress-up theme and best dressed in each year won prizes.
The actual walk-a-thon was about 4km, then we had 3 bands as entertainment after it.
u sure u didnt ad an extra becuase wow! when we do stuff like that we only get about $600 (we only got about 600 people in our school....)

dark`secrets

<insert title>
HSC
N/A
in the other forum i mentioned abt cs competition.
we canned it because it had to be original copies of the game installed on each comps.
department of edu. can sue the schoolof something, due to legal issues.

mazza_728

Manda xoxo
HSC
My school will not endorse our formal at all, will not even help us raise money! im so pissed off .. i really need to raise a grand for the bond which we will get back as long as nothing gets trashed.. i could just ask the students to put in money but its too complicated. so i was thinking a raffle - $5 a ticket and the winner gets the grand once we get it back but then wat if we dont get it back ??? hmm problem . anyone got any other ideas?

C'est la vie

I'm charity prefect at my school, and this term we've planned a gelato day, KK Donut Day, 'mocktail' day...and on friday we had 'cup day' which involved frozen juices etc in cups, or lollies in cups, which we sold for a dollar each, and the lollies for two dollars. They cost you like nothing to make, and they sold so fast because its so hot! We made 400 bucks in one lunch time. nice and easy :)

Demandred

HSC
Originally posted by mazza_728
My school will not endorse our formal at all, will not even help us raise money! im so pissed off .. i really need to raise a grand for the bond which we will get back as long as nothing gets trashed.. i could just ask the students to put in money but its too complicated. so i was thinking a raffle - $5 a ticket and the winner gets the grand once we get it back but then wat if we dont get it back ??? hmm problem . anyone got any other ideas?
What kind of bs school you go to?

tomorrows_angel

tomorrow is too soon...
HSC
Mike iE... if you still actually read this... you go to marian? didn't realise you raised that much....
our principal won't let us fundraise for our formal cos he thinks it isn't fair that everyone else pays for us to have a night of fun... so instead we have to fundraise for our gift to the school... i think our grade leaving is enough of a gift for them... they don't seem to think so.
so we're doing KK, they always do well, and auctioning off the prefects. that went really well last year... some of the teachers wanted people but they couldn't afford it! that was funny...

S

Sheehan :)

chocolates.................tryin to get my post count up i these old threads

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)