fundings on uni compare to private schools (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

^___^
HSC
hmm...yea...

i ain't fully against the funding of private school after reading posts about how some of the private school ain't in those smashing state..

but what i am still disgusted at is that some primary school are in such a horrible state that it can be compared to the ones in third world countries...

ameh

dirty trick
HSC
N/A
hopefully it'll make the ppl/schools who really want to achieve success strive harder towards their goals

Courtenay

HSC
N/A
i dont like the argument..."why should those using the public system pay for those caught up in private hype"

mostly because it can work both ways,

"why should people who pay for private education fund the public system"

i'm not saying that either is right, but if u can understand how i'm thinking, you will see that either is legitimate as a basis for argument

jayz

walking
c'mon pplz, personally i am not from private system, but dunt u c everyone? private schools r not getting similar results in the academic department, as a result, gov is giving more ACADEMIC funding to equate the equation between success of the public and the private system.

Generator

HSC
N/A
Courtenay, I was just commenting on the situation, which I thought was clear given that I also put forward your alternative argument in my post. I can see it from both sides (if the public and private/exclusive sides are the only two, which I doubt).

(Let this be as if I started a new thread)

I don't think that the debate should be based entirely on money, too, as the 'moral' argument for the shift is just as important. I see this as a way for the mum and dad to ignore their own moral obligations by passing the burden on to the school, but that is just me. It is kind of funny, though, as many parents are expecting more from the teachers when the teachers are able to do less than in the past.

Tenax Propositi: Priorities? A tertiary education is not for all, which has been recognised by the Government. Meg Lees, in particular, has noted this and used it as her argument for supporting the higher education reforms: While higher education is important, it means little when many people are unable to receive an adequate education in the primary and secondary years (The Australian published a piece by the senator a day or two after the reforms passed the senate). The priority should be on those years, rather than the tertiary years (that is not saying that the latter should be ignored at the expense of the former two).

With an election looming, this topic will be quite interesting.

Courtenay

HSC
N/A
what moral obligations did my parents pass on to my school?

My parents want me to get an all girls, catholic education, which, in the area i lived in, could only be attained at a private school

Alexander

Gold Member
At the end of the day, it's up to the student to do well. Esp. considering that pub and pri. teachers pay is similar. I dont see it as the schools job to entertain me, or make the work easy and fun...as long as you get the info it's just a matter of "learn this very well".
I dont really have the time to dwell on how much better the other side has it- head down.

Butterfly_Wings

Cornflake Girl
HSC
Originally posted by AGB
i have come to expect this sort of irksome rambling from you butterfly_wings.....

And I have come to expect this sort of instant reprisal from you, AGB...

Last edited:

AGB

HSC
Originally posted by Alexander
Esp. considering that pub and pri. teachers pay is similar.
where are you getting your stats from?? there is a big discrepancy in pay between private and public system teachers.... why do you think it is all of the public school teachers who are going on strike for more money and NOT the private ones????

Alexander

Gold Member
Yeah, well, ya see.....aaahh i cant back that up. I just read that someone had said that here. If you take that bit out it's still a good point...

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
The pay for private school teachers varies from school to school, my old physics teacher is actually taking a cut in pay to teach at a private school so he can get the experience up so he can teach overseas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)