Fundementals of Physics or Physics 1A?? (1 Viewer)

mudcake42

HSC
I did 4 unit maths but didn't do physics. My friend did 3 unit maths, no physics and is doing the usyd equivalent of PHYS1121 at usyd. She's finding it fine.

I'm wondering whether doing PHYS1111 puts you at a disadvantage, in terms of timetabling because you're a semester behind? or can you work it out so you're not behind?

And has anyone done phys1121, without doing physics at school? how did you find it?

thanks guys

Sokolov

HSC
N/A
I did 4 unit maths but didn't do physics. My friend did 3 unit maths, no physics and is doing the usyd equivalent of PHYS1121 at usyd. She's finding it fine.

I'm wondering whether doing PHYS1111 puts you at a disadvantage, in terms of timetabling because you're a semester behind? or can you work it out so you're not behind?

And has anyone done phys1121, without doing physics at school? how did you find it?

thanks guys
if you are doing Engineering at UNSW you must do PHYS1121.
HSC Physics has little relevance to PHYS1121.
you are better off revising mechanics from ext2 maths because that's more relevant.

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
^^ As above, revise your mechanics and that's all you really need.

sunny

meh.
HSC
Now critically analyse each of the models of the atom developed throughout history, and provide supporting argum-

oh shit this is uni physics, where they teach real physics.

mudcake42

HSC
thanks guys! thats helped heaps :)

So why does UNSW push students to do the Fundementals of Physics course if they have no prior knowledge then? I had chosen to do physics1121 but after reading the info booklet of new engineering students, i doubted my decision.

Am I going to find it extremely challenging? Just because I'm doing higher maths, higher computing as well so thinking I might get a touch stressed...

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
eh i t hink you'rfe in a better position than kids who DID do physics because you'll just take it as it is whereas physics kids would be WTF IS THIS SHIT.

you'll be sweet.

henry08

HSC
N/A
eh i t hink you'rfe in a better position than kids who DID do physics because you'll just take it as it is whereas physics kids would be WTF IS THIS SHIT.

you'll be sweet.
so true lol :hat:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)