Fundamental Analysis: Acclaim Exploration (1 Viewer)

Cyph

espresso me up!
HSC
First off, let me say that this is a HIGHLY speculative share and has no place in your portfolio unless you're prepared to lose all your money you put into this stock. It only makes up 2% of my portfolio for that reason.

AEX seems to have the startings of a similar story to PDN - a stock that went from sub 5c to over $3 with a billion dollar market capitalisation in a few years...

Presently, AEX is sitting on a mine with 11, 000 tonnes of inferred Uranium at its Denny Dalton mine in South Africa. The 11, 000 tonnes was inferred from back when Uranium price was $5/lb. It is currently $38/lb and steadily rising it seems.

Go and read through PDN's annoucements from when they started developing Langer Heinrich Uranium Deposit located in Namibia, Southern Africa... the circumstances are very similar. The company PDN bought it off did work on it when Uranium was $7/lb for an inferred Uranium deposit of 10 000 tonnes and a mine life of 10 years or so... not feasible at those prices so it was never developed... PDN were lucky to snap it up for a mere $15k..

As the price of Uranium rose, so did the measured, probable and inferred resources PDN had to mine 'cos they kept reducing the cut off grade they could mine at. This gradually moved their inferred Uranium deposit up to 33, 000 tonnes as they kept lowering the grade and the mine life extended from 10 years to 15-17 years.

With the price of U at $38/lb and a study done on Denny Dalton at $5/lb, you would think that with further drilling, etc. the cut off grade for U will lower and the measured, probably and inferred resources will expand so too will the mine life..

It ain't gonna be a tenbagger overnight or even in 6-12 months if it is going to be one... it takes time for the drilling and the reserves to be measured, probable and infferred developed (PDN took 1 year increasing their U deposits before they even started mining)... but, if you're bullish on Uranium, which I am... some people reckon $110 for the price of U... if it gets to half of that, well AEX are in a sweet position providing they can effectively mine this Uranium out.

DYOR and consult a financial advisor as always!

Cyph

espresso me up!
HSC
Who was the person that pasted this on Hotcopper?

Cyph

espresso me up!
HSC
Accliam also has 2.5 million ounces of gold as well as Uranium! Jesus, this could be a real goer.

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
I wish I had time to do my own research into the stock market. Do you find anything you have learn at University useful, Cyph:)?

Cyph

espresso me up!
HSC
haha, I think you already know the answer to that one mate!

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
Haha, not one thing:eek:?! I think the stuff on Options might be able to help you out a bit. Buy some put options in a company you think has a good chance in going broke and you can make yourself a lot of money;).

Cyph

espresso me up!
HSC
There's only about ~70 companies that have options written over them, mainly the bigger ones... so I would say the chances of them going bankrupt are pretty slim.

Only about 20 stocks have the liquidity in the options to trade them as well...

Omnidragon

Devil
HSC
Uni Grad
Last week, Mr. 3-million has been trying to take SP to support at 4.9... succeeded at an instant after shaking out the weak hands, before making a comeback to 5.4 at an instant.

Tell me something's not going on...

Cyph

espresso me up!
HSC
I don't watch the bids/offers and the trades going through. But yeah, doesn't surprise me if there's games going on, especially with the amount of volume being traded... day traders are obviously in this one.

Personally, I've got a tiny parcel that I'm gonna put away in the bottom draw - I figure it's either hit or miss in that they'll go bust, or they'll go to $1+.

The thing doesn't have me fully sold on AEX is the management, completely different kettle of fish compared to EXT & OMC.

Omnidragon

Devil
HSC
Uni Grad
Getting a new director... thats a pro.

Hopefully will remove the existing ones soon... but they're not too destructive atm, even though I think they're the biggest risk.

Cyph

espresso me up!
HSC
you hold?

what else do you hold? I really like the look of BDG, MMN and OMC.

Omnidragon

Devil
HSC
Uni Grad
Looking for entry into BDG in tomorrow's retracement, hopefully with a bit of consolidation around 2.4.

Medium-term, I feel quite confortable with gold. The Bendigo Goldfield looks promising so BDG will have some room to run imho. A pretty big report on gold in The Age's business section today.

I think MMN is quite speculative... but don't ask me b/c I haven't touched silver.

I hold AEX and am just waiting for DD results. It looks like a PDN in the making, but it freaks me out to think of the similarity since I'm a bit of a cynicist. The new director has sure helped...

Cyph

espresso me up!
HSC
I prefer LHG over BDG due to their production size being greater (Newcrest is out since they've hedged most of their production).

I'm not sold on management with AEX, so I'm not going to put anymore money into them despite being up almost 100%.

I'm loaded up to the hilt with OMC though with about 40% of my portfolio in it, I'm completely sold on them... target price of $2.50+ in 18 months.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)